• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General guidance

Hi everyone

Patience with a newby here please
    Over the weekend, Court Papers received for an very old MBNA debt have kicked my butt into action and I have been reading weekend swotting up on the court process and letters to serve etc. Been all day and getting my head around thing and process to follow

Amethyst has been very helpful confirming due process to follow
    Court papers have been acknowledged for 28 day extension and letters have been sent record delivery to Cabot and Restons for proof of the debt and proof of the contract signed. Sent today, my main issue is sorted

Now on a side note, in the early 2000s I had over a dozen credit cards & loans across various banks & credit card and loan companies for varying amounts. Total debts ended up being over £60,000 across around a 12-15 different companies

ALL accounts have been unpaid & in default since early 2009 so approaching statue barred stage of 6 years VERY soon in 2015

Today, upon checking my credit files today for the first time in many, many years I see i ONLY actually have recorded x3 negative credit records to my dark past. A BIG SURPRISE. I thought all the gory details would be there to see after 100s of letters i have had over the years and pass the parcel across different DCAs

This is a great surprise to me! Hopefully encouraging

I have read and believe to be true that after 6 years the default on your credit file drops off and is lost.
    But looking at the visuals representations on the Experian, Equifax, Noddle and Credit Compass I can see unpaid payment records going back 6 years

So my question, is the the earliest default is removed first?
    but the remaining 5 years and 11 months worth of unpaid defaulted payments would will still remain visible for lenders to see?

The largest debt still visible for me personally, is one entry i have from 1st Credit Limit
    Added default date recorded of 09/01/2009 for approx £14,000

So i think it should drop off my file next month (after 6 years)
    So will ALL details relating to this debt be removed in their entirety ?

Lots of other credit cards & loans MUST have been visible on my credit file in the past 10 years, debts i had much bigger debts some £20,000+ that cannot be seen on any of my files despite it being.

and a second query on my files relates to a Barclays Masterloan entry

Loanfrom Barclays Masterloan (1) (I) / XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Name MrX Date of Birth XX/XX/XXXX
    Terms 36 @ £ 240 (Monthly) Status Up to Date
    CurrentBalance £ 681
    StartBalance £ 8,000
    CreditLimit £ 0
    Default/ Delinquent Balance £ 0
    StartDate 18/10/2000
    DateUpdated 10/11/2014
    DateLast Delinquent
    Date Satisfied

DefaultDate

This account has had no payment made to it since mid 2000s as well.
    Now looking at the Equifax visuals, in my eyes everything looking perfect and i am actually getting positive payment history against my credit file for this account. It looks like i have been making payment since October 2012

However i have no monthly payment arrangement set up, it doesn't state the account is in default (as it should be)

Given that the amount owed only £680 i am in a position to afford to pay this off if need be just to settle my loose ends up and would be happy to do so in February 2015 if I can be certain this main millstone debt from 1st credit for £14000 listed above drops off next month

Any advice or guidance anyone who has been through this I would greatly appreciate.
    Again sorry to say, but i have looked at my credit file in over 10 years so it is a lot to take in.

Much appreciated everyone who has read this far.
    Best wishes everyone.
    Hopefully a new fresh start for me next year in 2015
    Tags: None

Re: General guidance

The largest debt still visible for me personally, is one entry i have from 1st Credit Limit
    Added default date recorded of 09/01/2009 for approx £14,000

So i think it should drop off my file next month (after 6 years)
    So will ALL details relating to this debt be removed in their entirety ?
    yes

This account has had no payment made to it since mid 2000s as well.
    Now looking at the Equifax visuals, in my eyes everything looking perfect and i am actually getting positive payment history against my credit file for this account. It looks like i have been making payment since October 2012
    this doesn't really make much sense. It hard to say what would happen if you try to pay off the "balance of £680" as it sounds as though that figure is just wrong,

Comment

Re: General guidance

You may have a PROBLEM here either Barclays has indeed Not registered defaults (not uncommon) especially when an Arrangement to Pay has been made after a default notice has been issued and the account remains open and not defaulted.
      Defaulted accounts are removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date paid or not.
      There is only one default date for any debt.You would be advised to make a Subject Access Request to Barclays to get all the personal data available.
      £10 Statutory Fee is payable (use cheque or postal order clearly endorsed " for statutory fee only" keep a photocopy). Barclays have 40 days to comply.)

The debt with 1st Credit will be removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date paid or not But if there has been any payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt in the relevant 6 year period then the debt will not be statute barred.
      Is this 14K debt the MBNA One?? (important) if so the SB clock stopped ticking on the date the claim was issued.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X