• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Zagley Lloyds Credit Reference Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New member

OK, here goes.

Letter 1 - to Lloyds customer service centre, CC my branch (I still have one account with them that has 1p in it!) and also to the branch that I had a meeting with last Friday. Covers:

1. That we are trying to remortgage and I am trying to take out a loan to get a more cost effective car
    2. When credit was refused got credit report
    3. Discovered that report showed I was using a relative as an alias
    4. After further investigation Call Credit discovered it was LLoyds TSB which supplied the alias link
    5. Explain my relative and myself share a surname only - diff christian names, diff NI numbers, diff employers, totally diff dates of birth, diff places of birth, diff passports, diff entries on electoral register, separate, sole name accounts with Lloyds for 20+ years
    6. That relative and myself once held a joint account for household bills but no other financial connection - we shared a house for 2 years as adults
    7. Gave details of joint account, now closed
    8. Insist Lloyds TSB amend their records, inform Call Credit and all other credit referencing agencies that they have supplied them with incorrect data
    9. Request sight of all data they hold on or about me under terms of Data Protection Act
    10. Request copies of of all correspondence from them rectifying inaccurate and damaging alias link
    11. Explain Call Credit have attempted to make contact with Lloyds on numerous occasions - unsuccessfully
    12. Explain that alias link is having a massively detrimental effect on my credit record and that this preventing mortgage application and me being able to get a personal loan.
    13. Point out incorrect alias link is causing probable and actual loss
    14. Point out that I may seek compensation for any financial loss as a result of value of house falling and trade in value of my current car falling
    15. Request they acknowledge receipt of my letter.

Letter was sent 1st class Recorded yesterday.

Second letter, sent to the same people, complains about how the branch local to where I work dealt with the issue when I met with them last Friday - do you want me to summarise that one?

Stupidly have left letter to Ombudsman at work - would you like me to summarisse that one tomorrow?

I am so grateful for all you time and advice. I've had stomach pains, headache and been generally grouchy since I found out about this. It's amazingly negligent really. Malicious quite possibly

Zagley

Comment

If you want to email the docs to pkea@legalbeagles.info and i will convert it to a pdf file

if you want that is, save you retyping or doing multiple posts for it

PKea

Comment

Thanks PKea

I'll take out the details of my relative - she feels awful about this - and email it over to you.

Zagley

Comment

Ok No probs, I will post it up in the morning

Comment

I have sent the letters to you by email - thanks

Comment

Here are the letters in PDF format for ease

PKea

Comment

Thanks PKea. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next? Do I just have to wait to hear? So frustrating.

Comment

You will have to give them some time to respond to your letters.

Tanz, no doubt, will give his opinion when he is online next, as he has his own battle regarding misinformation on his credit file, so knows the process pretty well now

PKea

Comment

Re: Zagley Lloyds Credit Reference Issues

Hi, at work currently so will read these later

Comment

Originally posted by Zagley View Post
                      Thanks PKea. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do next? Do I just have to wait to hear? So frustrating.
                      Hi Zagley,

I have read the letter posted by Pkea in his last post. I am confused as to which of the two LTSB letters you sent as they are very similar and if nothing else one a re-word of the other. Both have the same address and also the same date 11 January 2009.

1) Which of the two letters were posted (please provide the first paragraph from the sent letter)
                      2) If both were sent, what was the reason in sending very similar letters on the same date?
                      3) Were they sent recorded signed for or special delivery?
                      4) What was the date when you phoned LTSB?
                      5) Folowing that phone call what was the date of the meeting in the Crawley Branch with DH?
                      6) Have you actually completed a complaint form for the FOS?
                      7) Was the letter sent to the FOS on 9th January 2009 sent recorded delivery?
                      8) In one of the letter posted above in Pk's post you have hinted at a Subject Access Request under the DPA. Was this what you meant and did you include the statutory £10 fee?

I think we can draft a letter pointing out LTSB being in breach of the DPA 1998 and get that off to them however if the letter or letters you sent to them were only sent to them on 11th Jan 2009, then I think we need to give them at least 7 days to respond. However any further letters must include a timescale and must be sent recorded delivery.

If you haven't already made a full Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, then this needs to be done asap. They will unfortunatley have 40 days to furnish you with this info though.

Comment

Zag x

Here is the link to the Data Protection Act letter and guide:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?t=70

xxx
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks Tanz

1. Both letters were posted. Although the first para of both is practically identical, one goes on to deal with the alias link and one is more of a complaint of the way Lloyds are handling the issue. I tried to keep them separate so one issue did not hold up the progress (!) of the other.
                          2. Think above answers that one
                          3. They were sent Recorded Delivery
                          4. Phoned Lloyds TSB last Thursday, 8th January
                          5. I met at Crawley branch the next day, Friday, 9th January
                          6. Have not completed an FOS form - do not have one as yet
                          7. Letter sent to FOS was sent normal mail - in hindsight, of course I should have sent it recorded or special delivery. I was not seeing clearly at the time!
                          8. Have not completed a Subject Access Request nor did I include the £10 fee. I suspect Lloyds will come back to me and tell me I need to do that.

My priority is getting my credit record sorted out as I have to get my property remortgaged and my car replaced or I face a huge bill in a couple of months. Once that is sorted I have all the time in the world to fight this battle - and I intend to!!!!!

I'm so grateful for everyone's help. I thought I had done everything right!!!! I can see why the banks just get away with this.

Comment

Thanks Tanz

1. Both letters were posted. Although the first para of both is practically identical, one goes on to deal with the alias link and one is more of a complaint of the way Lloyds are handling the issue. I tried to keep them separate so one issue did not hold up the progress (!) of the other.
                            2. Think above answers that one
                            3. They were sent Recorded Delivery
                            4. Phoned Lloyds TSB last Thursday, 8th January
                            5. I met at Crawley branch the next day, Friday, 9th January
                            6. Have not completed an FOS form - do not have one as yet
                            7. Letter sent to FOS was sent normal mail - in hindsight, of course I should have sent it recorded or special delivery. I was not seeing clearly at the time!
                            8. Have not completed a Subject Access Request nor did I include the £10 fee. I suspect Lloyds will come back to me and tell me I need to do that.

My priority is getting my credit record sorted out as I have to get my property remortgaged and my car replaced or I face a huge bill in a couple of months. Once that is sorted I have all the time in the world to fight this battle - and I intend to!!!!!

I'm so grateful for everyone's help. I thought I had done everything right!!!! I can see why the banks just get away with this.
                            You are doing fine and sorry for all the questions.

Right can you check the tracking numbers to see if they have been delivered. You can do that here: http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm...Q?catId=400145

Just enter the code from your rec delivery reciept.

If they have been delivered then see if you can obtain the electronic proof of delivery from the royal mail site. It may not be available yet and often isn't as they get signed for on block (in bulk).

If they are delivered post up in this thread the dates they were delivered for future reference.

I think that at this point we need to give them a chance to respond, but I will work on a follow up letter for you to send to them if they take the pee and ignore your corespondences.

This can go either of a few ways:

1) LTSB respond to your letters and agree to remove the alias reference
                            2) LTSB respond and try to fob you off
                            3) LTSB ignore your letters

If 1) then all very well, we can then push them for compo when you have more time and can perhaps go via the FOS for this

If 2) then we can send them a LBA (Letter Before Action and try to get them to reconsider their attitude

If 3) then we can send them the LBA but can tone it a bit stronger so they wake up and also make a complaint to the FOS (which you can start to work through now here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...laint_form.doc

If all this fails then we can use the FOS and they will write to them and suggest that they issue you with a final response. However as I have previously mentioned, the FOS require you to give a firm 8 weeks or less if they issue you with their final response before they will look into your complaint.

Comment

Thanks Tanz. I have done the DPA request form the template Celestine provided me. I will send this recorded post to them, hopefully today, possibly tomorrow. I will also start working through the complaint form so it's ready to go if needs be.

You have no idea how much I appreciate all this help. The banks seem to make it so difficult to do all this that I'm sure your average person would get totally wrapped up in all the red tape and get nowhere. My sister didn't help herself in some ways but the reason she has such a bad credit history is also because of Lloyds TSB acting somewhat dubiously but Celestine has already helped her with this.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Tanz. I have done the DPA request form the template Celestine provided me. I will send this recorded post to them, hopefully today, possibly tomorrow. I will also start working through the complaint form so it's ready to go if needs be.

You have no idea how much I appreciate all this help. The banks seem to make it so difficult to do all this that I'm sure your average person would get totally wrapped up in all the red tape and get nowhere. My sister didn't help herself in some ways but the reason she has such a bad credit history is also because of Lloyds TSB acting somewhat dubiously but Celestine has already helped her with this.

Thanks again
                                No worries, just don't forget (as I have once done lol) to include either a Cheque or Postal Order for £10 with the SAR.

I will look at the SAR template provided to see if its worth adding in any specific requirements relating to the alias info added to your file and see if we can rattle them a bit to realise their mistake.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X