• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

M&S store card turned credit card - what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: M&S store card turned credit card - what next?

After chasing me for over a year the Leeds Losers have decided to shift my alleged M&S StorecardturnedCreditCard debt over to Frederickscum International. Now if the mighty Leeds Losers didnt think it worthwhile going to court What hope to Frederickscum and their pet solicitor Bryan Carter have

Comment

Sent the following letter to the Ba$tard$ a few weeks ago, in response to one of their fob off template letters:

Dear Sir / Madam

Account No/Reference No: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 6 June 2013.

I refer you to my previous correspondence, particularly the letter sent to your Pre Legal Recoveries team on 13 November 2012 which clearly states my position.

Turning to the issues at hand, the documents provided in reply to my section 78(1) Consumer Credit Act request do not discharge the burden placed upon you. I should not need to point out to an experienced financial institution the errors within the documentation.

I have also been referred to a case which you will no doubt be aware of called Santander v Diana Mayhew (2012) whereby an agreement identical to the one underpinning this agreement was found to be unenforceable. The Mayhew judgment is available on the BBC website, and also on BAILII, which you will no doubt be aware of.

The agreement that was signed does not contain the prescribed terms required by schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit Agreements Regulations 1983 and this is evident from the signed application that you have provided to me. Since such an agreement would be unenforceable per the long line of Court of Appeal and House of Lords authorities and should you seek to take legal action I will instruct solicitors to defend such vigorously and place reliance upon the Mayhew ruling along with other such authorities.

Furthermore you have now admitted that no consumer credit agreement was signed for the alleged mastercard account. I am attaching some documentation, outlining that a new credit agreement would have been required as a storecard and mastercard are completely different products. Your letter will be shown to the Judge in case of litigation.

As we are clearly going around in circles I have decided to cease all communication with you. Further letters from you will be filed but not replied to.

Should you instruct a third party to deal with the matter, they will be told that that the alleged account is in serious dispute and I will not discuss the matter with them.

Should you decide to sell the alleged debt, the buyer will be informed that the alleged account was sold whilst in serious dispute.

Any court claim will be vigorously defended.

Yours faithfully

Mr $quandaŁot

Haven't heard from them. Looks like the alleged account is no longer with Rockwell.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
        After chasing me for over a year the Leeds Losers have decided to shift my alleged M&S StorecardturnedCreditCard debt over to Frederickscum International. Now if the mighty Leeds Losers didnt think it worthwhile going to court What hope to Frederickscum and their pet solicitor Bryan Carter have
        Just discovered that Frederickscum are now part of the Leeds Losers Empire. What is the bloody point

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
          Just discovered that Frederickscum are now part of the Leeds Losers Empire. What is the bloody point
          Smoke & mirrors - they are hoping to confuddle us!
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

There seem to be a lot of M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) going on in the debt purchasing and collection industry. In many cases, companies are not fully merged for some time, it takes a while to consolidate functions and activities.

Regardless who owns the account, it's unlikely they will go to court with a storecard turned credit card after what happened to Santander in terms of co$t$ :wof: :wof: :wof: Even though the Mayhew case doesn't set legal precedent as such, it should be enough to keep creditors away from the MCOL website.

Should anyone be foolish enough to issue a claim, we have PT2537 :yo: on board, who was involved in the Mayhew case. :grin: Should the Leeds Losers issue one of their SDs dated 3 weeks earlier as is customary, we have Cel :yo: who has an excellent track record of beating the Losers to a pulp :whoo:

To top it all up, we also have Mayhew herself on board, :yo: both Di Mayhew and PT have been very helpful when it came to dealing with M&S and any threat monkeys appointed by them! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Comment

Received the attached letter from M&S Bank today.

They are trying very hard, indeed, but obviously are not able say anything to make the alleged account enforceable.

Interestingly, they mention OFT. I thought OFT was rather miffed about the way how M&S upgraded store cards to master cards?

Should I reply to them or just do what I said last time I would do i.e. just file their letter? Any advice, please?
              Attached Files

Comment

If they are so sure its enforceable I wonder why they sold mine around all the usual suspects and didnt try enforcing it through the Courts

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X