• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

M&S store card turned credit card - what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M&S store card turned credit card - what next?

Grandmother and eggs spring to mind here but we all know what enforcement is and isn't. If not I am sure someone will post a link(I always get the judgements mixed up)
    They can shout and scream and make themselves sick but not a lot else if it is UE

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      Grandmother and eggs spring to mind here but we all know what enforcement is and isn't. If not I am sure someone will post a link(I always get the judgements mixed up)
      They can shout and scream and make themselves sick but not a lot else if it is UE
      Only one judgment that I'm aware of would be relevant in this case: Santander vs Mayhew. There's a PDF of that one on post 52 above --> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...239#post312239

Comment

Thanks Fp, I was just trying to forewarn that they can shout a lot and not do much. I could always change your initials:behindsofa:

JW

Comment

As I said before I wonder why creditors think that DCAs will be able to successfully collect when they have failed themselves? I can see a point of selling an old debt but instructing Rockwell (or whoever else they will pass on in the future) will be waste of time in my case. No wonder those creditors and DCAs want to shut down consumer rights forums like this!

Comment

The infamou$ F $ector is notorious for getting others to do the dirty work for them, outsourcing is the name of the game. Any financial in$titution should be able to have their own in-house collections department, in fact, they all do, even if they give them silly names to make people thing they are separate entities. The main reason for using DCAs is to avoid being held responsible for the threats and bullying that are commonplace in the credit industry.

I doubt any DCA will manage to shut down these forums, how could they? From what I've heard, Rockwell are not exactly clued-up.

Comment

Its all about wearing you down and causing you stress so you cave in. But with the right support you can get through just about anything and you have very good support here, just don't go listening to anyone else

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                Its all about wearing you down and causing you stress so you cave in. But with the right support you can get through just about anything and you have very good support here, just don't go listening to anyone else
                Well said Jon. I used to believe the $hit that the DCAs threatened before I realised that the are toothless wonders who employ social inadequates to bully, lie a con people out of money for unenforceable debts that they have paid pennies for. They are full of Bovine Excrement

Comment

Letter received from Rockwell today.

"We have been instructed by Marks & Spencer Financial Services Plc to contact you regarding the above account which remains unpaid.

Your debt is now overdue and must be paid in full to this office within the next ten days otherwise we will take immediate action. See overleaf for ways to pay.

If you are unable to pay the debt in full within the timescale specified you must call us on the above phone number immediately to discuss other possible options. You will be asked to provide a full statement of your income and expenditure in order to validate any instalment/temporary arrangement.

CALL US - WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM."

Not as threatening as it could be. Resolve this problem - well it's clearly not my problem but do they know it?

What should I reply or should I just file the letter and wait and see what there 'immediate action' is?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
                    Letter received from Rockwell today.

"We have been instructed by Marks & Spencer Financial Services Plc to contact you regarding the above account which remains unpaid.

Your debt is now overdue and must be paid in full to this office within the next ten days otherwise we will take immediate action. See overleaf for ways to pay.

If you are unable to pay the debt in full within the timescale specified you must call us on the above phone number immediately to discuss other possible options. You will be asked to provide a full statement of your income and expenditure in order to validate any instalment/temporary arrangement.

CALL US - WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM."

Not as threatening as it could be. Resolve this problem - well it's clearly not my problem but do they know it?

What should I reply or should I just file the letter and wait and see what there 'immediate action' is?
                    I would reply, but thats just me. I do like a chain of letters so that if you do get before a judge then you can say look i wrote to these dickheads here, and here, and here, and here and yet they still sued me, even though i made the issues clear.

In fact, its worth noting that in the case i had go to trial yesterday which was a small claims case, the judge awarded costs based on the claimants unreasonable conduct, he said they had known the issues for months yet chose to ignore them and carry on regardless.

Id write back telling them why the debt is in dispute
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Cocked up today as accidentally got some money refunded on the alleged card from a third party. Would this acknowledge the alleged debt? If so I've just lost nearly nine months but luckily not more than that.

Comment

In the great scheme of things would it really matter as this is UE anyway.

I know it's a pain but only another nine months

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
                          Cocked up today as accidentally got some money refunded on the alleged card from a third party. Would this acknowledge the alleged debt? If so I've just lost nearly nine months but luckily not more than that.
                          Started a new thread as soon as I got your email --> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-the-SB-clock

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                            In fact, its worth noting that in the case i had go to trial yesterday which was a small claims case, the judge awarded costs based on the claimants unreasonable conduct, he said they had known the issues for months yet chose to ignore them and carry on regardless.
                            I read that in your Blog and was pleasantly surprised to learn of a DJ punishing a Claimant in the small claims court and wasn't aware that they had the discretion to do that:

http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...bt-purchasers/

But you stubbornly refused to name the errant creditor, so at least give me a clue. Is it *A* as in Robin Hood :wink: or *M* as in Libor rigging by the OC of the debt

Comment

Was it not Arrow Global who have been reported on more than one occasion to refer cases back to themselves just before hearing? as reported in forums.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                                Was it not Arrow Global who have been reported on more than one occasion to refer cases back to themselves just before hearing? as reported in forums.
                                i cannot comment on the identity.

You are of course all free to guess, and i will neither confirm or deny the name
                                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X