• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Query about CapQuest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about CapQuest

Hi, just found this site and would like some advise please and thanks in advance.My husband has recieved a letter from capQuest asking for settlement of an outstanding debt which goes back probably about 15 years.
    The debt is £152.58,he does'nt for one remember this debt and has heard nothing from Abbey(where the original debt was with) and this is the first he's heard anything from them in all this time.Do CapQuest have the enforcibility to collect this debt after all this time?.They also claim to have already written a letter dated 29th october,which we have not recieved.Also they say they will half the debt if paid before 12 November
    Do we ignore this or what do you suggest?:tinysmile_cry_t:

Re: Query about CapQuest

Hi Desert Flower

Welcome to Legal Beagles.

Debts over 6 years are statute barred, so whatever you do do not own up to the debt.

Probably best with Capquest is not to respond - it is probably just a fishing exercise.

Someone with more knowledge will help you further.

Tuttsi

Comment

Seems CQ have acquired a bunch of Zombie Debts and they should be ignored.
      IF they write again we'll hit them with something, but otherwise don't panic as there's nowt they can legally do.

Comment

Seems Capquest have a bunch of old Abbey debts picked up recently - they seem to be passing them to H L Legal next. I had one for £160 odd too. Have seen quite a few others this week too about the forums.

I'd agree ignore as fishing for now and if they write again or pass to HL Legal tell them to go away.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far to you all, i will ignore for now but what do we do if they contact us again?still ignore or send letter etc?.If so what do we say?will c.a.b.be helpful in this and draft a letter or something that will tell them where to go?!.
          Sorry in the dark with this but i gather this firm isn't legit judging by what i've read so far,am we in our rights to tell them to backoff?!.
          Cheers again in advancex

Comment

IF they make any further demands then give us a shout, we have some experience in dealing with DCA's

The letters from HL Legal are purchased in bulk by CQ to further their, alleged, intimidation.

Don't bother with CAB as they are next to useless in cases like this.

Comment

You're a star curlyben! you've set my mind to rest for now,i hope thats not a self portrait as your picture scares meeee!(ha ha)!x

Comment

An update to this query about capquest,recieved letter from Abbey today informing us this debt has been passed to capquest,and Abbey will be sending a statement of account shortly.
                If this is the case and they do have proof of this old account ,can we still back our claim on this statute barred as it is over 15 yeasrs old?.
                Ironically our mortgage is with Abbey, so why wasnt this picked up before?
                Any advice much appreciated,thanks.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if that letter did actually come from Abbey, not that I'm suspicious or anything

Either way no matter just wait on CQ..

Comment

I had exactly the same thing happen to me about a week ago - a letter from Abbey and Capquest for an apparently old debt of mine and an ex boyfriend circa 15years plus old suddenly appeared out of the blue.

I actually put the letter back in the envelope and wrote on it "Not at this address - return to sender", just thought if they want to play silly buggers, then so will I!!! Nothing they can do about it, as it is older than 6 years old they cannot legally collect this debt.

Comment

Thanks! letter seems to be written on legit headed paper,i'll wait and see what happens!keep you posted!

Comment

Hi, update on CapQuest,they have now sent letter threatening to take case to HL Legal if they dont get the cheque.I've noticed Curlyben your template letters,shall i send the first one at this point?Please advise,thanks in advance

Comment

Lol, idiots.

Have a read of this: Legal Beagles
                          and fire off the first letter.

Comment

Hi all at Legal Beagles
                            Latest update on CapQuest-after sending CurlyBens 1st letter they actually somehow got hold of our telephone number(though x directory)!!and wanted to speak to my husband.I said we had sent them a letter over a week ago,they had'nt recieved it?????!!!!yeah o.k.Said i'd send the same one again.
                            Low and behold ,recieved letter from themselves this morning stating the account is now closed from there system and will no longer be pursuing the debt.Hoorah!!!
                            I didn't get a chance to sent the second one!Brilliant,thanks so much especially CurlyBen for the template letters,they obviously say it all!.
                            One more question we also had a larger debt from many years ago which my husband did own up to after they contacted him.He now pays a small amount each month to keep them quite,but it's going to take years to pay it of,and what i'm really asking is do we have a chance with fighting this one as well or not as he owned up to it??.
                            It is the last one promise(i hope)ha ha.Any advise on this one would be appreciated as we are on a roll now!.x

Comment

Excellent news there DF.
                              As for the other debt, challenge them, there's guidelines here: ~~~ Consumer Credit Agreements - A Guide ~~~~ inc. Letters - Legal Beagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X