• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Elderly customer added to joint mortgage in error.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elderly customer added to joint mortgage in error.

Just another thought, and I may be completely off track here. When mortgagor B stopped living in the property, would Mortgagor A have been entitled to SMI (support with mortgage interest) through DWP?

Comment

Cynthesis, if the mortgage was taken out for 25 years and the customer was 69 then they would be 94 when they would have it paid off. I think the age criteria and state of health of the person is absolutely crucial in the case.
      Are the deeds to the property in both names?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Leclerc

Yes I agree the age and health is crucial.

Whilst my case is completely different, the legal charge to secure the business' overdraft and loan account was executed by my husband when he was nearly 66. Due to the business's insolvency the Bank insisted that the total borrowings be consolidated into a structured loan account when he was 69

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
          Just another thought, and I may be completely off track here. When mortgagor B stopped living in the property, would Mortgagor A have been entitled to SMI (support with mortgage interest) through DWP?

Not as far as I'm aware.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          Cynthesis, if the mortgage was taken out for 25 years and the customer was 69 then they would be 94 when they would have it paid off. I think the age criteria and state of health of the person is absolutely crucial in the case.
          Are the deeds to the property in both names?
          I have not seen the deeds but if deeds reflect what is on record at the land registry then ys, both names will be on the deeds.

I understand that both names should be on the deeds as both persons have had put equity into the property.

I would like to understand why one person with no income and no hope of having any would be put on the loan.
          Last edited by bluestar; 13th March 2012, 20:49:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X