• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advances Plc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advances Plc?

The beauty of a claim for unenforceability using a misstatement of the prescribed terms is that you can prove your case with a calculator. Opinion or prejudice is not relevant.
    I fully expect the creditor in Dave’s case to come back and say the Broker fee is exempt from the total charge for credit, but of course if it was it would then have to be contained within the total credit which is also a prescribed term.
    In many ways this kind of defence is better than them having no agreement at all.
    It is all there in black and white, you just have to understand the math.
    Peter

Comment

yes we are bang upto date with payments and have all our bank statements going back to start of the loan to prove every payment was took too

yes were are going to carry on paying the loan,were not stopping now,i will get letter sent out in the morning recorded delivery.

thanks guysaw:
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      so what your saying peter is which ever answer they give...its going to be wrong on their part?

after all,a dog cannot have 2 tails
      Last edited by yorkie-dave; 26th July 2011, 13:56:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yes it is a technical error but never the less it is a critical one.
        Financially thy have not taken money that was not owed(well maybe a few pounds) but as far as the act is concerned as I said it is irrelevant, this is why the section of the act we are using was repealed of course, unfortunately for them the repeal was not retrospective.
        Peter

Comment

ok got a reply from swift today:

Comment

anyone?

Comment

hello anyone?

Comment

well i did as i was asked to do but now the help has stopped

Comment

Morning Yorkie Dave and everyone,

I am sorry if the help has stopped....I might be able to help depending on the problem. I am afraid I do not know what the trouble was - can you enlighten me (if you wish, that is)?

Best wishes to all,

Dougal

Comment

hi douglas

it was regards post 179 2 pages back,then peter and sparky told me to write to swift regarding the interest as a prescribed term which i did..then its all gone quiet and no one replies

Comment

Sorry all help has stopped Yorkie.......the angle that you were thinking of chasing is not quite my speciality ...........I am pursuing them under different circumstances.....Swift are so clever at handling charge reclaims they have had so much practice ........I am pursuing them in a way they have never encountered before..........what I can say is Swift have a habit of ignoring you ........when you are too close for comfort for them they go into their protective shell of silence.........hower that shell is set to crumble.
                      keep cool matey.

What bit of advice on th issue of reclaiming the charges is tell them that you will be claiming interest at contract rate compounded on a daily basis exactly as they do.....PLUS County Court rate interest of 8% on top, advise tem that the longer they delay paymant the more interest they will eventually be liable for......use the words they use against you. They won't like that one bit

Sparkie

Comment

but what exactly am i claiming for??

i think peter was the one who told me to write to them regards the matter but i dont know where i stand on the matter...

Comment

Originally posted by yorkie-dave View Post
                          but what exactly am i claiming for??

i think peter was the one who told me to write to them regards the matter but i dont know where i stand on the matter...
                          Hi

Apparently they have responde by saying that the interst on charges is not applicable, and siting Southern Pacific as authority. This was expected, what has to be done now is to distinguish your claim from the case they mention.

I believe that this can be done.

Are you in difficulty with this loan at the moment?

Pete

Comment

hi peter

well money is tight but we are paying it,not missed any payments yet
                            g

Comment

Hi

I was aware of the Southern Pacific ruling but i think the particulars of that case are significantly different to yours.

I did half expect them to bring it up though. If this is not too urgent i will get back to you ASAP, i have anumber of things going at the moment.

You must remember that we are talking about unenforceabiity of the agreement here they are not going to make this easy, if you are paying the agreement and they are not treating you unfairly i would cary on doing the same, it is intersting to explore the technicalities and have the optopns available should you need them of course.

Peter

Comment

hi peter

well its not urgent no,but if im paying for something i shouldnt be then the sooner the better its sorted hehe

just sort yourself out and then have a look and see what you can come up with.

cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X