• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Skeleton Arguments Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skeleton Arguments Needed

All,

Thanks. The judge was great actually, but Cobbetts had engaged a special barrister from a London Commercial Law Firm who trained it up (to Lancashire).

Their total costs were circa £3500, but the Judge capped at £700 saying they were totally disproportionate and as an aside to the Barrister after judgement said that we had "suffered enough" and he would be delighted if costs were duly waived.

I expected Natwest to do no such thing (on the basis they are total gits) and was proved right today as an order for £700 costs was received with 14 days to pay - lovely.

I got the feeling that the Judge's hands were well and truly tied, if I'd known the law a bit more I would have included additional pleadings - but I think even this would not be firm enough as there are no precedents to my knowledge on the unfairness etc.

I had some very good graphs which showed the effect of the change in contract and explained that I had no option but to accept these new terms etc, but this was judged to be fair on the basis that the bank gave sufficient notice. Therefore, as long as the bank gives notice they can charge what they want and get away with it, irrespective of the customers ability to either pay or adjust their banking practice to avoid paying said charges.

A licence to print money - which leaves my family and I about £17000 down (without 8% interest) in actual cost of charges and bringing the case to court (and then losing of course).

If anyone wants a press statement - let me know - I have £17000 of free "Helpful Banking" advice to give to the nation!

T

Comment

Re: Skeleton Arguments Needed

All,

Scratch that last post!

Life is just too short you know.

I have my health and most importantly my family and whilst I may not have much wealth, that's enough for me.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

The banks are just too powerful and influential.

The romantic notion of David -v- Goliath and right -v- wrong is unambiguously disproved in the stark reality of this thread.

The bad guys won and will continue to win unless the law is substantially changed in favour of the consumer. Unfortunately I won't be holding my breath on that one!

I'm off for a beer now, not in a sad way, but in a happy way that tomorrow is an unknown and new day in the rest of my life, pointless looking backward, won't tell the kids - they don't need to know this past 10 years of misery, tried to fight, lost, so got to move on, looking forward is the only way.

Now I wonder what would have happened if we'd lost the battle of.......

Trafalgar

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X