• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abbey bank charges

Originally posted by righty View Post
    The person you spoke to is not only an idiot & nasty piece of work but also has no understanding of the law.(or pretends to)

Send your SAR (subject access request) + the £10 statutory fee (which is all that is required by law) & they'll send you the data & if they don't you tell them you WILL report them to the Information Commissioner

Finally NEVER EVER speak to them on the phone.......unless you can record the conversation because they WILL lie when confronted with their blatantly false & misleading statements. You must put ALL communication in writing

HI DO YOU HAVE THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION TO YOU OF YESTERDAY ??
    THANKS
    JUDY

Comment

Judy, the SAR template is in the library and the MBNA contact details are in the credit card section at the top of the forum.

For some reason I can't post any links for you xx

Comment

Use the SAR I sent them Judith >>> MBNA SAR
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
          Judy, the SAR template is in the library and the MBNA contact details are in the credit card section at the top of the forum.

HI AMY
          THANKS WHY CANT YOU POST ANY LINKS FOR ME ??
          XX
          JUSY

Comment

The forums got a glitch which we're working on. To post links at mo need to write text then highlight and use button. Not sure why but Tools is on the job

the SAR Tools linked for you is a good one to use. >>> MBNA SAR
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post

Hi amy
              still no news from the abbey ?? also got a letter back from the soliciyors this is the one i sent the £1.00 asking them for all the credit forms etc they are saying to me because they are not the creditor it does not apply to them so they have sent back the cheque and i will receiving a summons very soon
              thanks
              judy
              xx:santa2:

Comment

What paperwork have you had from MBNA? Are Restons acting for MBNA or someone else?

Comment

restons are acting for mbna or they have brought the debt i do really know here is what they have tols me as of today.
                  1 the consimer credit act sections to which you refer state the creditor under a regulated agreement . we are not the creditor and those sections do not extend to third parties such as this company.

2. the request has to be made under a regulated agreement and where a default notice has been served and not complied with the agreement is terminated and therefore your request is ineffective.

3. further the courts have decided that in such circumstances a creditor is entitled to issue proceedings and you should be receiving a summons.

hope this helps you amy
                  xx
                  judy

Comment

In that case send the CCA to MBNA.

Comment

i have already sent mbna a letter with the £10.00 fee asking for SAR and am waiting to hear back thats if i do in the meantime what about restons ??
                      xx
                      judy

Comment

SAR and CCA are quite different. I would still send MBNA the CCA letter because until they comply there is nothing they can do.

Comment

hi amy
                          could you please call me asap please just had an offer from the abbey and it SUCK'S you can reach me on (removed)
                          thanks
                          judy
                          xx
                          Last edited by Amethyst; 15th December 2008, 13:06:PM.

Comment

A message from Amy, she will phone you soon, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                              restons are acting for mbna or they have brought the debt i do really know here is what they have tols me as of today.
                              1 the consimer credit act sections to which you refer state the creditor under a regulated agreement . we are not the creditor and those sections do not extend to third parties such as this company.

Absolute Bovine Excrement !!!

If they are MBNA's agent, as their response implies, then they must forward your request to MBNA for action.

Until they comply they CANNOT issue proceedings against you in reagrd of this issue.

Comment

hi
                                many thanks just had a phone call from amy regarding my abbey claim but did speak to hear about mbna , the summons is dated the 12/12/08 but i know that i sent one letter to mbna recorded delivery with £10.00 enclosed for their cost asking for a SAR now we get this ???
                                thanks
                                judy
                                xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X