• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbey bank charges

well done....do you want to email your completed spreadie to either amy or myself

amy@legalbeagles.info

mine is amethyst@legalbeagles.info

then we can have a look and sort out the interest - probably easier to see where you are up to and explain if we have it in front of us.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
      Many thanks my little flower
      I got the forms today after speaking to ronan yesterday i think my case is a very good one so i am putting together a spreadsheet and also sending copys of various money demands etc should i kepp on his case ??
      Thanks
      Judy

Hi Judith

Yes. Be as subtle as a sledgehammer lol

Seriously tho, once you have prepared your spreadsheet with correct interest and got all your paperwork sent off do follow up your claim every now and again. It may not be quick I'm afraid and it could take from anything up to 8 weeks for Abbey to get back to Ronan and yourself for a final decision. This also gives him time to liaise with Abbey, ( and for Abbey to examine your claim ) so it could be a long process. At the same time you can try and ring Ronan every other day, so that he knows you mean business and wont be fobbed off. He got so fed up with me calling him lol, but on the other hand my persistence paid off.

I received a letter regarding rent and council tax arrears,( level of arrears were high ) my o/hs case was urgent and had to be addressed.

He will send all your paperwork off to the relevant hardship department, then, once Abbey have made a decision, they will send your paperwork back to Ronan. In turn, he will get back to you, hopefully offering you an interim payment.

Good luck with this ! Hope you get a result.

Bfxx

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum

Comment

Thanks alot will let you know how i get on
        Thanks again
        Judy
        ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        Hi
        Have sent it over to you also the spread sheet is only for 5 years not 6 i have tried so mant times to get this from the abbey but they just wont give it to me, also the 6th year that is missing would have a large amount of charges on it ??
        Thanks again
        Judy
        Last edited by judith; 30th October 2008, 20:09:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

we could estimate that year (an average of the other 5 years)...then abbey can confirm or deny.

Am just having a look at your spreadie now.

You are doing really well - Have you the IE form from Abbey or are you going to use the Beagles version?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

what is the IE ??? sorry
            judy
            Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            we could estimate that year (an average of the other 5 years)...then abbey can confirm or deny.

Am just having a look at your spreadie now.

You are doing really well - Have you the IE form from Abbey or are you going to use the Beagles version?

SORRY yes i have the IE form it came in the post today
            Thanks
            Judy
            Last edited by judith; 30th October 2008, 21:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Cool.

Okay, where did you start your claim ? (another site?)

Normal stat interest on your charges comes out at £1845.96 total £6642.96 with the charges.

Just wondering if you started the claim with compound interest etc.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi
                I strated my claim on the 26th of feb 2007..... what is STAT ??
                Thanks
                Judy

Comment

Originally posted by judith View Post
                  Hi
                  I strated my claim on the 26th of feb 2007..... what is STAT ??
                  Thanks
                  Judy
                  Statutory Interest the 8% you put on your claim at court stage Enaid x

Comment

many thanks
                    also what is compound ??
                    thanks
                    judy
                    Cool.

Okay, where did you start your claim ? (another site?)

Normal stat interest on your charges comes out at £1845.96 total £6642.96 with the charges.

Just wondering if you started the claim with compound interest etc.
                    Is that also including the 6th year statement that abbey wont let me have ??
                    Thanks
                    Judy
                    Last edited by judith; 31st October 2008, 09:24:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Nope thats the 5 years you have.

Your charges go up to April 2005....did you close your account then, ie is the 6th year 1999 or 2006 ?

Just wondered which website you started your claim with as some sites have different ideas on the interest front and calculations can be different which might account for the discerpancy in the figures.

I'll upload the spready for you with the standard simple statutory interest here in a tic.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have the .ods original the attached wont be able to be edited.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks
                          Getting a bit confused now some one said yesterday that they would also include the 6th year which the abbey will not send me i have tried so many times to get this sent to me but it never does come ??.
                          It was said yesterday that they woud include the missing 6th year by working it out per/year
                          Hope this
                          helps
                          Thanks
                          Judy

Comment

Yes but is the 6th year 1999 or 2006 ? It makes a big difference interest wise.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yes but is the 6th year 1999 or 2006 ? It makes a big difference interest wise.

thanks its 1999,i still have a abbey account but never have used it for a few years now.
                              thanks
                              judy

Comment

sorted will do an estimate for that year then brb.

Okay Totals -
                                Charges £5,083.50
                                Interest £2,041.06

Estimated for 1999 (included in above) £256.60 (approx 1 charge per month) interest is £175.49

With the hardship claim it is unlikely you will get pre six year charges returned. So you are really only looking at 65% of £3848 charges plus £1279.44 (5127)

So a payout if Abbey run true to form of £3332 in the interim until the outcome of the test case.

Of course in the letter you'll ask for the full amount of £7124 and let Abbey break it down.

It would be very very useful to see your original paperwork you entered to court (Particulars of Claim that you used on the claim form for the court etc).

If you can scan or paste tht in we can get the letter completed so you can send on Monday.
                                Last edited by Amethyst; 31st October 2008, 16:29:PM.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X