• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Veilside going to court after all......help....lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that cetelco...
    I am just so cheesed off that they have closed the account and want me to pay them my overdraft in full that I am getting greedy....
    the one thing I need to do is to keep taking stock of what I have already managed to do......and not get carried away with a vendetta....
    Sorry if I come accross as someone who is trying to profit in anyway...
    I sacked an ambulance chaser who promised me £4000 plus in settlement for this very reason....I would make myself as bad as the banks if I profitted from this....
    I just need to remember why we all started this and what is morally correct....It is too easy to get caught up and turn into what you are fighting against.....
    Thanks for grounding me as well as the good advice...
    Russ

Comment

Whether or not you were being greedy is not for me to judge, we have all suffered due to the greed of the banks and I would be the first to suggest that we should get as much back as possible in order to punish them, but what you were suggesting could have landed you with some serious costs had you gone through with it.

Complain to the ICO regarding the retaliatory account closure and sue for your data - if you obtain an order, forcing them to disclose the data you have requested, then they will have to act. Nat West cannot ignore a court claim, but as they have amply demonstrated thus far, they can ignore you and will continue to do so until you issue one.

Send the letter from post #2 of this link - http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...ompliance.html

On the 9th day after you post it (7 days + 2 days for service) then you complete and file an N1 with the Particulars of Claim from that thread at post #4. Do this and stick to your deadlines - otherwise do not set them.

By my reckoning, you should be filing your Data Protection Act 1998 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) non-compliance claim at your local County Court no later than 10th July.

Keep the pressure on them and believe me when I tell you that if you do, they will blink first, they have so much more to lose.

Comment

Just received this letter.....hmmmm

I received this today in response to my reminder that they were at 85 days and counting for my 'Subject Access Request'.....
        Is it me or do they not know what they should be sending under such a request??
        Do we need to list every detail we require??
        Or am I right in thinking this is an attempt to get out of supplying what they have to??
        Here it is then:-

Comment

so is it an Egyptian bank you are with then, they are Hyraglificks (haven't got a clue how to spell that) aren't they?

Comment

oohhh can't get it to work....lol

Comment

are you on the right thread Russ pmsl

Comment

This is what it says......

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

The Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent South Gyle Park Edinburgh

EH129WF

Your ref:

Our ref: xxxxxxx

Private and Confidential Mr xxxxxxxxx

NatWest

4 July, 2007

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Thank you for requesting copy statements held by the Bank.

Manual Intervention

With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current agreement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raised a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account.

We are sorry for the package of the statements and will forward a photocopy of your letter to the relevant department.

If you have any queries relating to this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the address shown above. Yours sincerely,

Joyce Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

National Westminster Bank Pic, Registered in England No 929027. Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate London EC2M 3UR.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority .

..-------.--

Comment

So did you get your statements or just the letter?

Comment

so far 2 years of statements arrived in a torn open brown envelope.....
                    anyone could have seen my account number, sort code, name, address, etc....
                    No sign of anything but statements.....
                    They just keep saying that they only have to supply statements......grrrrrrr
                    Morons......(reaches for glass of wine @ 12.27)......(gulp).....ahhhh that's better....lol
                    Russ

Comment

you've made me want a rumncoke now and I was going to wait till the final started
                      Did you ask for a FULL SAR, I think they think that is all people want is the statements and they should give us everything really.

Comment

I did enaid....statements, manual intervention, recorded phone calls, the lot....
                        They caused me to get defaulted on my mortgage 2 years ago after they messed up my D/D....
                        The bits I need to prove it are in the stuff they won't send me....

Comment

Well you need that non compliance thingy, there is also people you can complain to and you can do it on line, my sister has just done it for Barclays, they are a lot worse than Natwest IMHO.

Comment

Send them this letter, with any adaptations that are necessary for your own personal circumstances.

Dear

Account Number:

Further to your letter of (date) I would like to clarify my position.

The disclosure of personal data is incomplete as you have failed to provide sufficient information pertaining to my account. My request was for a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history since commencement of my account, in short a list of charges with dates and amounts. Alternatively a complete set of account statements for that period will be acceptable. This should be retrievable from your accounting systems and easy for you to produce. I will accept a computer print out of these transactions.

For your convenience I have outlined below a summary of the information that I require.

1. Computer screen notes relating to the conduct of the account
                            2. Computer screen notes relating to transactions that have gone through the account
                            3. Computer screen notes relating to transactions that have been refused or dishonoured
                            4. Internal messages or notes relating to the conduct of the account
                            5. Internal messages or notes relating to transactions that have gone through the account
                            6. Internal messages or notes relating to transactions that have been refused or dishonoured
                            7. Details of managerial decisions whether to pay an item or not, who took the decision and why
                            8. Recordings of any telephone conversations, whether internal or external, relating to the account
                            9. Copies of any e-mail's, or other electronic communication's, whether internal or external, relating the account
                            10. Copies of all letters relating to the account
                            11. Where automated decisions have been made on the account, those decisions be identified, and the logic and criteria used to make these decisions be disclosed, as per section 7(1)(d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.
                            12. All information relating to litigation that has taken place on the account

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information you have failed to send.

I am prepared to accept that your failure to comply is a genuine oversight on your part and look forward to receiving the information I requested. However, as the statutory 40 day deadline has already expired I require this information within seven days of the date of this letter. Should I not be in receipt of the information that I have requested I will be left with no alternative but to commence a County Court action under section 7 and section 15(2) of the Data Protection Act 1998 and in due course, escalate this matter into an official complaint to the Information Commissioner and the FSA.
                            Last edited by Cetelco; 7th July 2007, 12:41:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veilside01702 View Post
                              This is what it says......

Retail Regulatory Risk

2nd Floor

The Cornerstone

60 South Gyle Crescent South Gyle Park Edinburgh

EH129WF

Your ref:

Our ref: xxxxxxx

Private and Confidential Mr xxxxxxxxx

NatWest

4 July, 2007

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

Thank you for requesting copy statements held by the Bank.

Manual Intervention

With reference to your request concerning any 'manual intervention' to the administrative charges debited, these charges have been processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of our current agreement with you as a result of the activity on your account. In the event that you breach the terms and conditions, we will take the appropriate action, contacting customers when appropriate, or handling customer enquiries regarding their account status. When a customer has raised a concern in relation to this process, the decision will be communicated to the customer and where appropriate noted on the account.

We are sorry for the package of the statements and will forward a photocopy of your letter to the relevant department.

If you have any queries relating to this matter please do not hesitate to contact me at the address shown above. Yours sincerely,

Joyce Tudor

Retail Regulatory Risk

National Westminster Bank Pic, Registered in England No 929027. Registered Office: 135 Bishopsgate London EC2M 3UR.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority .

..-------.--

Keep this letter - this bit "In the event that you breach the terms and conditions..." is very important. This is how Lloyds were able to get the claim dismissed in court - they claimed that there was no breach and that the charges were for a service.

Comment

Thanks for that cetelco....
                                I shall guard it with my life.....
                                Didn't even notice that bit until you pointed it out.........lol
                                I think I had too much vino at lunch time....lol
                                i will get letters done tomorrow,,,
                                Thanks again...
                                Russ

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X