• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I WON!!!! Served with a statuory demand by BW Legal/Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HELP!!! I've just been served with a statuory demand by bwlegal/Lowell

Oh fudge!!!!! Thank you so so so so so much for helping me with the witness statement - have to admit i'm now suitably terrified but i'm not goign up - I can't as the consequences of this are too severe

The court never received anything by the file date - is there a hope the judge will set aside on that?

Another question - what about the lack of being able to produce a default notice?

Comment

The document that arrived on the 15th ....... did it arrive recorded/registered?

Yes, the DN is an interesting point.....
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Nope, just standard mail. They never sent it to the court - I checked and as of last Wednesday afternoon (6 March) the court had received nothing from the other side but confirmed that they received my email with the letter attached and postal version of the letter and it had been put before the judge but she hadn't been back to court since the letter arrived. They told me to call back n the 13th March for an update, but given the developments i'll call them tomorrow to see if they have anything from BW.

Comment

Just another thought - the page that states
          "YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL:
          Once you have signed this agreement, you will have for a short time a right to cancel it. Exact details of how and when you can do this will be sent to you by post by us

I believe this was "invented" further along the line and not part of their practice at the time the card was isssued - but how do I prove this?

I am very sorry if I am taking advantage of your generous nature by helping me and I am very very appreciative of your help and I realise that you and all the others that are helping me, both openly on the forum and via the back scences must be giving up a lot of your valuable time and i can't thank you enough for the help and support you are so kindly and generously giving me.

I will never ever take this help and suppport for granted and promise that if i can ever help another LB in return I will do so, as you have all helped me beyond all hope and expectations. Thank you all so so so much xxxx

Comment

I've PM'd you but just in case, can you tell me if you're a F ootball fan? The reason is hidden deep in historic T&C's.
            Last edited by Celestine; 15th May 2013, 22:10:PM.
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine
              I've PM'd you but just in case, can you tell me if you're a F ootball fan? The reason is hidden deep in historic T&C's.
              Last edited by Celestine; 15th May 2013, 22:10:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB
                Devil is in the detail
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

I'm not a footie fan. It was a standard card that i applied for via a leaflet that you used to get in magazines. As far as I remember it was a tri fold leaflet that I sent back via the post.

They called me at work as i had missed some info off the form and they then told me over the phone my application had been approved.

Comment

The T&Cs Fuzzy have been sent were meant to be the ones that actually accompanied her card application.

Granted, Barclays have possibly got the year right in 2004, but they have sent her a copy of T&Cs relating to a Premiership card which was a card entitling special deals on season tickets, stadium entries/ footie stuff basically. The card probably had a picture of David Beckham on it LOL.

Para 3.3 (historic T&Cs) describes the interest on 'your Barclays Premiership Card'.

So these are not Fuzzy's terms......

Comment

ps. Thanks to PT for 'coaching' me through analysing Fuzzy's documents tonight. He's a bit clever

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine
                        ps. Thanks to PT for 'coaching' me through analysing Fuzzy's documents tonight. He's a bit clever
                        Even though he supports Southampton FC :behindsofa:

Comment

You must have spent ages going though all of this to find it - thank you so so much for giving up so much time to help me - and really am very grateful - thank you so much.

I've seen it the bit about the premership card - point 3.3 - I can't beleive they have made such a cock up!!!! Thank you so sos much for your amazing help and for spotting this - i can't believe i missed it!!

So the onus is on them to prove i had a premership card - which there is no way they can do as there is no way i'd applied for a football card - it would have put me off applying not inducing me to apply.

Is there any onus on me to prove i didn't have a football card? If so how can i prove I didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB
                            Originally posted by pt2537
                            Devil is in the detail
                            Own Goal by the Leeds Losers perhaps?????

Comment

I really do hope so!!!

They are going to look very stupid in the very near future thanks to the amazing LB team of Cel and PT xxxx

Comment

As a famous member OTR used to say 'Hoisted by their own Petard'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X