• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells/BW/Bryan Carter/Lloyds - Part success

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells/BW/Bryan Carter/Lloyds - Part success

Firstly I would like to say that this is a fantastic forum and I wish I had taken a proper look ages ago.

I have been fighting with the above associated acolytes for quite some time on my own. To see others succeeding against them is great and encouraging.

In short, I lost my job due to redundancy back in Nov 2008 and at the time had an overdraft and Credit Card with Lloyds. No payments have been made since Nov 2008 on either. I am sure I had PPI with them, but didnt want to pull the tiger's tail as it were. I didnt therefore intimate a claim.

After years of their threats and me telling them to sue me, I was eventually served late last year with an SD for the Credit Card by BW, for a sum in excess of £5000 and proceedings earlier this year from BC for a sum less than £5000 for the overdraft. Not having seen this website, I dealt with each one in a similar manner. I asked for full documentary evidence of the original debt and stated that I would be making a counter claim/setting off for PPI should any appear to have been paid.

BW said it was nothing to do with Lowell, I disagreed. I havent heard since. The SD was served in December 2013.

For the overdraft, BC issued proceedings in January, confirmed to the Court they wished to proceed after I had filed a defence and the case was then allocated to the SMT with a hearing date in August. I was about to put them on notice of my intention to apply for disclosure when I received a notice of discontinuance today

It set me off wondering why and I discovered this forum.

Having read a few threads here, I wonder where I stand with the larger debt that BW have been dealing with. The Credit Card agreement date certainly pre-dates 2007. They havent sent me any documentary evidence in support of the claim and as I suspected at the time were trying to frighten me with the SD. My instinct is to wait, as they will be time barred in November. If they do come back to I will make a formal request for the CCA and take it from there.

Any observations or tips would be greatly appreciated

cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells/BW/Bryan Carter/Lloyds - Part success

Hi che20uk, Sorry we've completely overlooked your post, possibly as its in the success and consluded cases forum so I'll shift it down to the main section for you xx Sharon xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X