• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent: Collect Services - Unpaid PCN - Clamped HP Car - Police Involved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent: Collect Services - Unpaid PCN - Clamped HP Car - Police Involved

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
    Either way they are digging a big hole for themselves
    Yes cant see what it is they are playing at, the OP need only show the previews from the HMRC website if the police are unsure of the legal situation.

Comment

Hi dj0nes,

Not quite sure where I'm going with this but,
      What is the value of the vehicle?
      How much of the HP loan have you paid off?

PS: good work so far, keep it up. :beagle2222:

Comment

Hey 6strings!

Value of the car at inception of the agreement was £8995 and I have paid off just over 1/4th so still a long way to go and taking into account interest, if it worked like that I could probably just about lay claim to a wheel nut or two if I'm lucky lol.

Comment

EA is still skating on very thin ice, IMHO.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            EA is still skating on very thin ice, IMHO.
            If they took the car and sold it, and the cost was £8,995 plus interest on the agreement, a car sold at auction by a bailiff/EA without keys and V5 would fetch around £2k, tops most likely £1500 or so barely cover the fees debt and storage cost, and certainly leave nothing for the finance co, who would likel.y sue the EA company and the Council for loss of their goods not withstanding they may well report it to police as stolen. They have most certainly not given permission for the EA to take the car, and if they did, would probably be liable to compensate Op for breaching their contract with him. Very messy and the MEt should tell the EA that their collar is at risk of a hefty tug.

Comment

I can imagine the EA come flying out of the door of the police station on the toe of a copper's Size 11 boot and land on his backside on the pavement outside. We can but live in hope. :grin:

Seriously though, if the EA is foolish enough to do anything remotely as stupid as what Rotz and Nurpetlian did in R -v-Tucker, he might as well surrender his certificate first thing on Monday morning. HHJ Brown wiped the floor with Sussex Police and the CPS. Rossendales and Mid Sussex District Council didn't come out of it too well either.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Update:

Not a great deal to report since I last posted here.

• Finance company having difficulties speaking to anyone in the Met, no one willing to take ownership of the case. Stance still exactly the same though it's their car and they don't want it taken or agree to it being 'stolen' which is good.
                • Bailiff still expected into station tomorrow to make statement as far as I am aware not sure what he's expecting to get out of it though unless he's looking to pin the disappearing clamp on me then if so he'd better have some bloody good evidence as I know nothing about it and he'd be a magician to prove otherwise.
                • I have fired a few mails off one most notably to the CEO of Kingston Council who in turn has passed it through to Kingston Council's head of parking services to review
                • Kingston's head of parking in turn has contacted me within a couple of hours to acknowledge the complaint and has said he is to investigate it and aims to have a response within 5 working days.

What should I feel is a satisfactory response from the Council? Ideally lock this pinhead up and strip him of his licence to interpret the law as he sees fit instantly springs to mind but realistically speaking I can't see much happening in terms of discipline against the said EA.

However, considering their conduct so far (and this isn't even starting to dissect their fees which must be illegal in themselves £1000+ for a £60 ticket) I don't want to deal with Collect Service over this, should I press that this matter be returned to the council for enforcement and I pay them directly?

Comment

It is entirely possible that the EA himself removed the clamp when you said it was a HP vehicle, and he decided reopting the clamp and car stolen would garner sympathy from plod.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                    It is entirely possible that the EA himself removed the clamp when you said it was a HP vehicle, and he decided reopting the clamp and car stolen would garner sympathy from plod.
                    Very plausible, even more so seeing as I was greeted with a text from him the next day saying contact me to discuss payment today or I shall go to the police, one would imagine if I had been guilty of committing a criminal offence he would have gone straight to the Police rather than texting me still requesting payment. But unfortunately I cannot prove that just as he cannot prove I removed it.

Comment

Originally posted by dj0nes View Post
                      Very plausible, even more so seeing as I was greeted with a text from him the next day saying contact me to discuss payment today or I shall go to the police, one would imagine if I had been guilty of committing a criminal offence he would have gone straight to the Police rather than texting me still requesting payment. But unfortunately I cannot prove that just as he cannot prove I removed it.
                      As far as you are concerned if plod ask, you can point out it is entirely possible the Ea removed the clamp himself as you know nothing, just like John Snow*, and there is no proof who removed it.

* Ygritte to John Snow on Game of Thrones "You know nothing John Snow"

Comment

Bluebottle & Bizzybob, I have sent you a PM regarding a draft of official complaint letter.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their continued support and advice on this matter I really do appreciate it and I will continue to provide updates through to a hopeful successful outcome and I hope this thread can become a good reference point should anyone else find themselves in the same situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X