• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phoenix collection PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix collection PCN

Help ,i recently had a bailiff "enforcement officer" at my door for a parking fine that my partner got while driving my van .the first i knew of it was 2weeks agoI received a letter stating i owed 157.00 to bolton council to be collected within 7 days by phoenix collections. Honestly i put it on the fridge with every intention of calling them but completely forgot !
    so next thing I'm walking in from work thursday just gone and a guy watches me park car follows me up two minutes later.
    He greets me with hi I'm a bailiff from phoenix collections you have a debt of £157 owing to the council .i said ok i got a letter last week i meant to call he proceeded to tell me i have one of two options pay £392 now or he will return with "his officers and the police" and arrest me and or remove goods from my home.....
    Now I'm not stupid but i do have a short attention span for idiots at my door i knew what he had just said was horse s@&£ but having my children still around my ankles trying to greet me from work i felt slightly unnerved and wanted rid of him.
    He did not enter my home ,he showed no ID AT ALL and when i tried to see the paper work he turned it away.i asked how in two minutes it had gone from 157 to 392 and he simply answered "its at court level now so thats the charge.
    ok so i agreed to pay him by 8am the next morning and he said he was off to the car to call "his men off" (idiot) he called me back from the car park on my mobile said "they weren't happy but as long as i pay 8am its done)
    .i have paid but had to call phoenix office to confirm his identity as he showed no ID i paid over phone.
    so now im ready to deal with this muppet and his fraggle company any advice how to word it in letters to bolton council and his company before i go to OFT and Ombudsman please
    Tags: None

Re: Phoenix collection PCN

What date was the PCN incurred?

You need to read paragraphs 6, 7 and 8 of the following link VERY carefully, and ensure EVERY step was followed to the letter. If there are any discrepancies, post back up:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...94/part/2/made

It is all self explanatory - the 7 CLEAR days, the things which MUST be included on the Notice of Enforcement and how this should be delivered. Go through it really carefully and post up your findings.

The £392 is simply the cost of the original fine plus the Compliance and Enforcement stage fees of £235. Your best grounds for complaint would be a possible discrepancy with the date of the PCN or finding an error in the paperwork.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X