• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement Officer called to take 2 cars- we are not legal owners- Any advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enforcement Officer called to take 2 cars- we are not legal owners- Any advice pl

How to deal with the Enforcement Agent.

Despite all his scary looking paperwork and threats he issues he actually has very few rights. He has no automatic right of entry to your home and it is a seriously BAD idea to let him in. Providing there is nothing of value outside then there will be no goods he can take control of. Unless he has already been in then he may not force entry, if you have detached outbuildings he may force entry to these if he believes there are goods inside he can take to satisfy the debt in whole or in part.

Comment

Re: Enforcement Officer called to take 2 cars- we are not legal owners- Any advice pl

You really need to contact the Court and ask for details of where all the documentation was sent and also ask if they will send you copies out as you have not received anything previously.

Comment

Thank you so much- I am not able to do this now til Monday due to not working near any court. Should I pay anything to the sheriffs office tomorrow and do I need to make them aware that we are not legal owners of the cars we drive?

The bitch that is my dads wife has text to say she has instructed her solicitor to say we have to pay £350 a month and sell the car within 6 weeks. But if the car is sold, the proceeds are my mother in laws as already mentioned.

Comment

Tell them you are not Legal owners so they cannot take the cars have some proof of this I think that calling her a bitch is an understatement I would fear for your dads safety and sanity.
          please take the advice from Plodderton I am no expert but it all makes sense to me a mere fool I hope you get this sorted,as for the fees they are trying to charge they are Ridiculous you must try to avoid them and get out of paying

Comment

She is a cow- the reason for the fall out in the first place was because my dad admitted she hit him and he was scared of her- but no amount of talking to him made any difference - he will not leave her!

Comment

oh and I don't have any proof that the cars aren't mine. I could get my mum in law to sign something to say the car is hers legally but my father in law is in Spain - could get an email from him I suppose!

Comment

If the cars have not been seized then there is no need.

Comment

so what would happen if I do not make any installment tomorrow- and the enforcement officer comes back to taje repossession of the cars before I can get to court on Monday?

Comment

Well he may be seriously p1**ed off but so what, not a lot he can do especially if he can't gain entry. As for the cars you said previously he was happy you didn't physically own them which makes it difficult for him to change his mind.

Comment

I didn't actually tell him that we weren't legal owners though- it never got that far which is why im wondering if i need to cotact the sheriffs office and let them know

Comment

If you have not received a Controlled Goods Agreement listing the cars then at this stage I would not bother. In the meantime I would gather together the evidence you need should they be seized. If possible I would also move the cars well away from your home to prevent anything happening.

Comment

no I haven't received anything likevthat- thanks again for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X