• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

Originally posted by Milo View Post
    Bluebottle.
    Just so that you are aware, there is a lot going on in the 'background' regarding these 'Roadside Operations'. They are currently suspended and my own thoughts are that they will not be reinstated. I hope that I am not proved wrong.

In any event there would need to be an amendment made to legislation which would not be possible until at least October given that Parliament is now in 'recess'. It would be most doubtful in any event for any amendment to be made when Parliament returns as there is just a very short 'window'. Realistically, any change to legislation would not be possible until April and with the forthcoming election this would not be something that would go down well with electors.

The MPS wrong perfectly well that there are some difficult times ahead and bailfif companies companies and local authorities know that the same (if not worse) applies to them.

I hope you are right Milo.
    I have seen these roadside operations on T.V.
    The police were openly assisting the low-lives, a clear breach of their 'oath'.
    Cars were being stopped and seized unless the poor victim coughed up hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of pounds.
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

I wonder how many seized were third party with a new owner but MPS and Newlyn took them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        I wonder how many seized were third party with a new owner but MPS and Newlyn took them anyway.
        A very good question.
        Knowing Newlyn PLC, they just don't give a s**t.
        If it moves clamp it or seize it is their motto:tinysmile_twink_t2:
        “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
          Bluebottle.

Just so that you are aware, there is a lot going on in the 'background' regarding these 'Roadside Operations'. They are currently suspended and my own thoughts are that they will not be reinstated. I hope that I am not proved wrong.
          CUBOs are primarily intended to disrupt criminals. If they are used for this, they are a very effective crime detection/crime prevention measure. However, as Paul's case has shown, MPS has made a grave error of judgement in allowing civil enforcement companies to become involved and, almost certainly, exposed MPS to litigation and individual officers to disciplinary action which could include dismissal. The worst an individual officer could face is prosecution for Misconduct in A Public Office. As a former police officer, I am saddened that serving officers, some of them probably still in or just out of their probationary period, could lose their jobs - or worse - because of an industry that is rotten to the core.

Like yourself, I, too, hope these operations are not reinstated. MPS would be very unwise to do so. They have learned a hard lesson and, as you have said in an earlier post, they are reeling from what they have now discovered.

In any event there would need to be an amendment made to legislation which would not be possible until at least October given that Parliament is now in 'recess'. It would be most doubtful in any event for any amendment to be made when Parliament returns as there is just a very short 'window'. Realistically, any change to legislation would not be possible until April and with the forthcoming election this would not be something that would go down well with electors.
          The Conservatives and Liberal Democrats have resigned themselves to defeat and almost certain annihilation. Allowing EAs to legally take part in CUBOs would guarantee them almost certain extinction.
          The MPS wrong perfectly well that there are some difficult times ahead and bailfif companies companies and local authorities know that the same (if not worse) applies to them. Bernard Hogan-Howe is going to have to do some serious grovelling to motorists affected by the unlawful actions of his officers and the civil enforcement companies involved. He is also going to have to explain the mess MPS is in over the unlawful actions of his officers and civil enforcement companies to the London Assembly. I would never be surprised to hear calls for his resignation or dismissal, if he does not offer his resignation first. However, it is the senior officer in overall charge of operational policing who should pay with their job and pension over this.

If David Smith and Paul Whyte have any sense they will mitigate their respective company's liability as quickly as possible by recovering vehicles they unlawfully seized, refund monies they extorted unlawfully and paying compensation on terms acceptable to the motorists affected and that is likely to be a full admission of liability. Denying liability, in the circumstances, would be most unwise. If they do not, I can see a backlash from the public and MPS officers which could leave Newlyn and Whyte & Co, as well as the London Boroughs who hired them, having their lives made very uncomfortable.
          @@@@
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
            A very good question.
            Knowing Newlyn PLC, they just don't give a s**t.
            If it moves clamp it or seize it is their motto:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            That could well be their undoing.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
              That could well be their undoing.
              We can but hope. My concern is that the police were complicit and assisted the seizure of third party cars, when the bailiff said the CAR has a warrant against it thereforte making it seem to the officer trhat the new owner is somehow liable for the car, even though they were not he keeper at the time of the contravention. They will try to sweep this under the carpet, so an FOI regarding the number of vehicles seized that were with a different new keeper at the time of seizure, and or where the new owner coughed up for the previous owners ticket under duress. might be worthwhile.

Comment

I can see a backlash from the public and MPS officers which could leave Newlyn and Whyte & Co, as well as the London Boroughs who hired them, having their lives made very uncomfortable. Quote from Milo

Bloody good job if this does happen.
                Give the low-lives a taste of what they have been dishing out to us, for years.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                  We can but hope. My concern is that the police were complicit and assisted the seizure of third party cars, when the bailiff said the CAR has a warrant against it thereforte making it seem to the officer trhat the new owner is somehow liable for the car, even though they were not he keeper at the time of the contravention. They will try to sweep this under the carpet, so an FOI regarding the number of vehicles seized that were with a different new keeper at the time of seizure, and or where the new owner coughed up for the previous owners ticket under duress. might be worthwhile.
                  I agree, BB. It may well give a reasonably accurate idea of the liability of MPS, Newlyn and Whyte & Co in the matter relating to operations in the London Borough of Croydon. It would be interesting to see what it is for all 15 London Borough. That, I suspect, will be an eye-opener and probably have Dodgy Dave and his pals in Westminster making themselves very scarce.

Comment

I can see a backlash from the public and MPS officers which could leave Newlyn and Whyte & Co, as well as the London Boroughs who hired them, having their lives made very uncomfortable. Quote from Bluebottle

Bloody good job if this does happen.
                    Give the low-lives a taste of what they have been dishing out to us, for years.
                    I've fixed your post for you, JB. Actually, it was myself and not Milo who made the quote in red text. It was quicker and more convenient to respond to Milo's original post by inserting red text.

The civil enforcement companies involved in these unlawful actions have been getting away with a lot of things over the years and, for them, it has become normal behaviour which is why quotes on a thread on CAG from directors from Newlyn and Whyte & Co give the distinct impression they can see no wrong in what they have done. This, I suspect, is what is going to lead to not only the downfall of their respective companies, but the civil enforcement industry also. Once the issues relating to these roadside operations get into the public domain - and they will - politicians, local and national, will not be able to ignore calls and pressure to close down the industry and abolish distress as a means of debt collection.

Comment

I've fixed your post for you, JB. Actually, it was myself and not Milo who made the quote in red text. It was quicker and more convenient to respond to Milo's original post by inserting red text.

The civil enforcement companies involved in these unlawful actions have been getting away with a lot of things over the years and, for them, it has become normal behaviour which is why quotes on a thread on CAG from directors from Newlyn and Whyte & Co give the distinct impression they can see no wrong in what they have done. This, I suspect, is what is going to lead to not only the downfall of their respective companies, but the civil enforcement industry also. Once the issues relating to these roadside operations get into the public domain - and they will - politicians, local and national, will not be able to ignore calls and pressure to close down the industry and abolish distress as a means of debt collection.
                      Many thanks for this........
                      I am having the same problem with Newlyn.
                      Their bailiffs have acted unlawfully.
                      Newlyn have acted unlawfully, claiming a car was clamped and the clamp was criminally removed.
                      Their bailiff put it down as a blue car, when in fact it is silver (registered silver).
                      They cannot provide photographic evidence ( technical fault with camera ), yet they have put down £110.00 sale and disposal fee on paperwork.
                      When I appealed, and it did go to their litigation dep't.
                      They say they are satisfied that all procedures have been carried out correctly.
                      They are a bloody disgrace to the profession.
                      John

Comment

Many thanks for this........
                        I am having the same problem with Newlyn.
                        Their bailiffs have acted unlawfully.
                        Newlyn have acted unlawfully, claiming a car was clamped and the clamp was criminally removed. Where is their evidence?
                        Their bailiff put it down as a blue car, when in fact it is silver (registered silver) Failure to positively identify the goods.
                        They cannot provide photographic evidence ( technical fault with camera ), yet they have put down £110.00 sale and disposal fee on paperwork. Dodgy.
                        When I appealed, and it did go to their litigation dep't. Probably, some commercial lawyer who knows sweet FA about distress law and criminal law. TBH lawyers who practice commercial law are a menace to the public and businesses alike. There needs to be a clampdown on them because there is too much telling clients what they want to hear, not what they need to hear.
                        They say they are satisfied that all procedures have been carried out correctly. Really? What proof do they have or have offered in support of this? Putting them to strict proof might make them focus and realise the law can, sometimes, be very cruel and unforgiving. Newlyn need a reality check and it cannot come too soon in their case.
                        They are a bloody disgrace to the profession. Try substituting the word "disgrace" with "menace" and the word "profession" with the word "public".
                        John
                        @@@@

Comment

I would give you vehicle a very careful check when its returned from these scumbags. There may well be damage that was caused to it whilst in their custody

Comment

@@@@
                            They have no evidence what-so-ever... FACT
                            There is a bailiff, registered name of Henry O'Harro, who posted letter through letter box under the name of 'JAY OHARRO'
                            Newlyn say that this is the name he is always known as. Not sure on the legality of this one?
                            A cover up for attempted unlawful charges?
                            He stated the sum owed was £766.00 which was £235.00 of unlawful charges. I have proof of this.
                            He also attempted to lift my daughters car using a tow-truck, claiming that it had been clamped and the clamp cut off.
                            Luckily my daughter jumped in her car and managed to drive off, although O'harro did dive across the bonnet in an attempt to stop her.
                            I am off the opinion that my daughter should take this further, as an allegation of criminal damage made against her in two written statements, have not been retracted.
                            Any advice here, would be most appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                              I would give you vehicle a very careful check when its returned from these scumbags. There may well be damage that was caused to it whilst in their custody
                              Hi,
                              They never clamped or seized the car, my daughter was some 18 miles away at the time they claimed to have done this.
                              It is possible to get affidavits to verify this fact.

Comment

They have no evidence what-so-ever... FACT That's par for the course.
                                There is a bailiff, registered name of Henry O'Harro, who posted letter through letter box under the name of 'JAY OHARRO'
                                Newlyn say that this is the name he is always known as. Not sure on the legality of this one? Check with the court that issued his certificate. He must use the name the court has on record. If he is using a false name and Newlyn are claiming that is the name he is known by, they really do need the services of good barrister or a bloody miracle. I can see a judge taking particular exception to this sort of behaviour.
                                A cover up for attempted unlawful charges? In their dreams!
                                He stated the sum owed was £766.00 which was £235.00 of unlawful charges. I have proof of this. More the fool him.
                                He also attempted to lift my daughters car using a tow-truck, claiming that it had been clamped and the clamp cut off. If he knew it was your daughter's car and she was not the debtor, he was committing an offence by attempting to lift it. The firm that owns the tow truck could be done as well for aiding and abetting him. If Newlyn try the "Vehicle clamped and clamp cut off" ploy too many times, it is going to turn round and bite them on their backsides big-time.
                                Luckily my daughter jumped in her car and managed to drive off, although O'harro did dive across the bonnet in an attempt to stop her. Makes a change from furry dice hanging from the rear-view mirror I suppose. :grin: On a serious note, O'Harro committed two offences under health and safety at work legislation by his action. I hope your daughter has kept the bill for cleaning her car after O'Harro soiled it.
                                I am off the opinion that my daughter should take this further, as an allegation of criminal damage made against her in two written statements, have not been retracted. If these allegations were made to the police and they are taking no action against your daughter, find out if they are taking action against O'Harro for making a false report amongst other things.
                                Any advice here, would be most appreciated.
                                Hope the bits in red help, JB.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X