• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax / Bailfs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: council tax / Bailfs

Hi just to let you all know my lateast up date bout the bailffs that came to my door for £1145.95 on the 5th off feb .. i came to an agreement witgh the rossendales 15week .. i also contacted the council for the adress and dates i owed this council tax money .. they have looked into it for me and i recived an email from the saying that this is there fault and i dont owe this amonut off money for council tax as i was on JSA at the time ,, only money owed is to the council off £8 ... so i contacted rossendales who iv been making payments off £15 week to .. and it is true .. the council has withdrwn it and i only owe £8 to the council ... what a joke i was scared whit less at the time .. so please if this happens to you look into it . Thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by tammy View Post
      Hi just to let you all know my lateast up date bout the bailffs that came to my door for £1145.95 on the 5th off feb .. i came to an agreement witgh the rossendales 15week .. i also contacted the council for the adress and dates i owed this council tax money .. they have looked into it for me and i recived an email from the saying that this is there fault and i dont owe this amonut off money for council tax as i was on JSA at the time ,, only money owed is to the council off £8 ... so i contacted rossendales who iv been making payments off £15 week to .. and it is true .. the council has withdrwn it and i only owe £8 to the council ... what a joke i was scared whit less at the time .. so please if this happens to you look into it . Thankyou
      Excellent news, now are Dossendales going to refund you the overpayments, if not ask the council to refund any wrongful overpayments. If Dossers come back and they might for some fees they will allege you owe, call the police to remove them.
      Last edited by bizzybob; 21st February 2014, 10:10:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tammy View Post
        Make sure any monies over the £8 are reclaimed from the local authority, Tammy. I had something similar with my local authority, some years ago, over an overpayment of Housing Benefit. I paid it and then, some months later, got a letter alleging non-payment. I checked and found they had allocated the money to my rent account in error. I told them and thought that was the last I'd hear. Not so. The same council muppet wrote making threats. So I wrote to the Council threatening them with legal action if they didn't sort it out within seven days. It was sorted out and I received a contrite letter of apology within the seven days. So, yes, you are right, Tammy, anything like what has happened in your case should always be challenged, especially if you know you are in the right.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Excellent news, now are Dossendales going to refund you the overpayments, if not ask the council to refund any wrongful overpayments. If Dossers come back and they might for some fees they will allege you owe, call the police to remove them with the toe of their boot or some rather painful wristlocks.
          IFYPFY :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            IFYPFY :grin:
            Hopefully they forget the cuffs and use cable ties

Comment

Hopefully they forget the cuffs and use cable ties
              Nah. Wristlocks are better. If you lock the offender's wrist, then curl it round into their armpit, it causes them the most excruciating pain unless they go up on tiptoe. However, they have no choice but to keep up with the pace at which the police officer is walking, otherwise they can end up with a broken wrist. Some sadistic b:censored:ds run with an offender held in this wristlock. Would certainly remove a bailiff PDQ. Then again, so would a swift kick up the arse from a police issue Size 12 boot.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                Nah. Wristlocks are better. If you lock the offender's wrist, then curl it round into their armpit, it causes them the most excruciating pain unless they go up on tiptoe. However, they have no choice but to keep up with the pace at which the police officer is walking, otherwise they can end up with a broken wrist. Some sadistic b:censored:ds run with an offender held in this wristlock. Would certainly remove a bailiff PDQ. Then again, so would a swift kick up the arse from a police issue Size 12 boot.
                That would make a good youtube video, a bailiff trying it on with a debtor, and a clued up police officer attends, sees what is going on and drags the bailiff off as the criminal. Bet Marstons would love that one, especially if the bailiff sings and implicates some gaffers.

Comment

That would make a good youtube video, a bailiff trying it on with a debtor, and a clued up police officer attends, sees what is going on and drags the bailiff off as the criminal. Bet Marstons would love that one, especially if the bailiff sings and implicates some gaffers.
                  I fear the only song the bailiff will be singing as they are removed is "Arrrrgh! You're Breaking My F*****g Wrist". That's what most people sang when I had to do it.

As far as a bailiff blowing the gaff on their employers goes, the fact that unlawful and illegal behaviour is taking place, seemingly unchecked, should be enough to hang senior management. Connivance can often be sufficient.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X