• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newlyn PLC

warrent on 1st may 2013
    first letter on 5th july 013
    first visit 16th july 2013
    second visit 22 july 2013
    Mr shameer patel certified at watford county court on th 2nd nov 2011

this is all on the letter no other dates

Comment

Odd thing is that on 17th July I was at home as my son was vaccinated on 16th of july and was not well. I can not see how they could come and I dont know about it. I was home all day.

Comment

They couls have come when I was out for the vaccine, but no letter was left to sat they had come.

Comment

Originally posted by tam13sana View Post
          Newlyn has written that they Bailiff did not know that (my wife) I was venerable
          Just like Bede? (link) msl:

Comment

sorry for typo

Comment

I have added the dates. Any advice?

Comment

I received a letter from Newlyn PLC, with the following breakdown

council debt £172
                first letter £11.20
                HPI ckeck £20
                visit fee 1: £56.18
                levy fee1:£72.19
                enforccement fee 1: £235
                schedule 1 sec 8 £35
                cancel tow fee £90
                card payment 1
                vat 104
                total 796

They would be happy to answer any further queries.
                Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                Is it possible you can add the dates on which each charge was made?
                Originally posted by labman View Post
                Also the name of the bailiff and the court in which they were certificated would be good if possible.
                warrent on 1st may 2013
                first letter on 5th july 013
                first visit 16th july 2013
                second visit 22 july 2013
                Mr shameer patel certified at watford county court on th 2nd nov 2011

this is all on the letter no other dates

I have added the dates. Any advice?
                There seem to be quite a few fees missing on this breakdown. The ones they seem able to account for would amount to substantially less. Have they given any reason for the missing ones?

Comment

I received a letter from Newlyn PLC, with the following breakdown

council debt £172
                  first letter £11.20
                  HPI ckeck £20 This is debatable
                  visit fee 1: £56.18 This should be £51.30
                  levy fee1:£72.19 This should be 57.55£
                  enforccement fee 1: £235 You must find out from the Council what was agreed between them and the "firm" how much to charge for an ATR, as far as I know the current maximum is £175.00 plus VAT, whis makes £210.00
                  schedule 1 sec 8 £35 WTF is this? Ask what it means!
                  cancel tow fee £90 Was a a tow truck called out? Was a Removal notice filled in with the details of the car, if so you have them by the short and curlies because the car did not belong to the defaulter...or so you say.
                  card payment 1
                  vat 104
                  total 796

THey have attached a warrent of execution but it does not have any stamps but with traffic enforcement c details with correct address. Stasmps are not necessary because they have sent you thir copy, you are entitld to see the original, but that is bytheby, it would very likely still state £172.00
                  See above, you have enough ammunition to take the muppets to Court and have the Certificate removed from Mr Shameer Patel.
                  The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Thank you very much to you all for giving me advice so far. I will contact the council to see if they can give me that info. The car is on my husbands name but its mine, I did not bother changing ownership so that they are not too many previous owners.

Should I file a complaint in small court? THey are in breach of data protection act as they gave me my husbands forms and took the money from me in his absence.

My second question, do I write to them stating my intention and pointing out the above?

On the day, the bailiff told me that he clamped the car, there was no tow truck on site, and the bailiff did not mention one.

I will upload the letter they sent me with all their explanation tomorrow.

Comment

Surely the first line of attack for the OP, once they have ALL the information to hand, is to approach the CEO of the council with a well worded letter pointing out the vicarious liability with their appointed Enforcement Agents, and asking for fees to be removed.

This would not preclude the OP using the courts at a later stage if necessary, but may save them some money in the meantime, and possibly have more chance of a more successful outcome.

Comment

Thank you very much to you all for giving me advice so far. I will contact the council to see if they can give me that info. The car is on my husbands name but its mine, I did not bother changing ownership so that they are not too many previous owners. The problem is that the car is still registered to your husband, do you have any proof that it is yours now, such as a bill of sale (if only for a few pounds) or was it given to you via a Court order as part of a settlement after a divorce, if you have nothing to prove the car is yours then you have a problem

Should I file a complaint in small court? THey are in breach of data protection act as they gave me my husbands forms and took the money from me in his absence.The moment that the bailiff told you that he had a warrant of execution in your husband's name, and your husband did not give them permission to discuss the issue with you the bailiff is in breach of the DPA. Forcing you to pay for someone elses debt is coertion and intimidation in a big way, in fact it's a fraudolent act verging on affray

My second question, do I write to them stating my intention and pointing out the above?

On the day, the bailiff told me that he clamped the car, there was no tow truck on site, and the bailiff did not mention one. Did the bailiff hand you a Seizure notice listing the car against the debt? The bailiff should have told you that if the debt was not going to be paid he would call a towtruck to remove the car, and only if you refuse to pay he can then call the tow truck out. After this action, if you changed your mind, then a charge for aborted removal can be added, but you are entitled to see a copy of the invoice the Recovery Company issued to the bailiff.

I will upload the letter they sent me with all their explanation tomorrow.
                        A few more points for you to expand on, and from your answer more advice will be coming.
                        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

I am sorry, what does OP stand for?

Comment

We are married, the car is still on his name. He did gave me the seizure notice and I paid immediately.
                            I will upload all the docs, as soon as I put my son to sleep.

Comment

Hello, for what its worth can I just say this is very similar to a thread I have about Newlyns. Following advice given on this site I contacted the Information Commissioners O ffice as a bailiff called and discussed all the details of a debt with a third party without consent. The ICO have told me nobody is above the Data Protection Act and this is a serious breach. They suggest I complain to the CEO and let them know of the outcome should they need to intervene.

Its time these people were held to account as although we may owe money that doesnt give anybody the right to ignore our rights.

Thanks for listening

Comment

I am sorry, what does OP stand for?
                                OP is the Original Poster, the person who posted the original starting the thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X