• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Isn't this the same clip we have seen twice before on this thread.

By the way until LB makes you a modd, you cannot tell people not to post. (well you can but it will make no odds)

Comment

It's the comments I want you to read, I'm not asking you to watch the video again.

Comment

I will have a go at this on comments he has made

i AM NOT TAKING THE MICHAEL, JUST INTERESTED IN THIS DOGMA

Laws of commerce, if those laws are statutory, private contractual obligations do not apply if it transgresses statute. I say it all the time, a companies own T&C do not override statutory obligation.

I am curious as how you think you can separate contract law from statutory

Have you researched the term "legal personality"

I will ask a question

How were the law in England, and i use the term England for a very good reason,
        first introduced to its subjects
        Last edited by FORCEOFONE; 27th April 2013, 13:32:PM.

Comment

Is that something you want me to say to him? Too late, he's blocked me again.

Comment

It is something i would like you to answer

In your OWN opinion

Comment

Why?

Comment

It just seems you have a keen interest in this subject, and i was looking at getting your own interpretation on it.

like i said, i respect all views and the rights of people to express those views

Comment

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
                  It's the comments I want you to read, I'm not asking you to watch the video again.
                  Sorry my mistake, I did see the comments but I turned off when I saw the swearing, as it is usually means what follows is not worth the effort involved in reading.

His basic mistake is that he denies the existence of civil legislature or statute. At a basic level he is right in saying that the individuals rights are important, unfortunately times have moved on since they were paramount, now the collective will of society takes that description, and this is enacted through the legislation. I would suggest not arguing with him though he seems content in his views and until he states them in front of a judge he will probably not admit he has it wrong and probably not even then.

Comment

To Forceofone: I am not a law student, my opinion is that while it's not a serious crime to park without paying, it isn't really right to flout reasonable rules (it's not wrong to charge for parking) that others follow and expect to get away with it so easily and encourage others to do the same (he could easily mislead people and they could get into trouble) And saying the government is really bad and Nazi-ish and a New World Order is taking over is BS in my opinion. The world may have many flaws but that kind of belief is too over-the-top for me to take seriously.

And as for TV licences and things like that, I think there's nothing wrong with them, you can't always expect to get something for nothing.

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                    I would suggest not arguing with him though he seems content in his views and until he states them in front of a judge he will probably not admit he has it wrong and probably not even then.
                    I think you're right, and unless there's anything I haven't said to him that anyone really thinks I should say, I think I should probably leave him alone now. I just can't believe that he thinks he's not gotten into trouble yet because he's done nothing wrong. He thinks parking charges aren't really legitimate, it's just a money-making scam by councils. Nonsense.
                    Last edited by GO84; 27th April 2013, 14:01:PM.

Comment

Gravytrain summed up the argument as i would have

We both have the same opinion on this matter and that this individual on you-tubes way of thinking has no lawful concept in modern law,

All law, Statutory or Civil (Common) has to be compatible with Common law principles, something he seems to negate

Law is never static, it changes every time a judge makes a decision and evolves
                      Last edited by FORCEOFONE; 27th April 2013, 14:08:PM.

Comment

This is what I thought all along, it feels like common sense to me, I just lack the legal knowledge. I'm just amazed he's gotten away with it for so long (15 tickets from the council over 6 years he says) it's like the kind of story they put in tabloids. He also said "Parking tickets get wiped off after so many months, by law." Is this true?

Comment

Parking tickets do not get wiped, i am talking of local authority or police tickets

Its just they may not enforce them, they may in say 10 years time, depends if they have been to court or not

A police ticket will end up in a magistrates court if you do not pay

A local authority ticket will end up in a county court, or at least a liability order
                          Last edited by FORCEOFONE; 27th April 2013, 14:32:PM.

Comment

He made a video called How I Beat Council Parking Tickets and The Bailiffs where at the end he says (reading from a letter) "this case is now closed" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XTb3s1T_SU It's half an hour long, it's totally up to you whether you watch it, personally I haven't been able to stomach the whole thing, a week ago I just skipped through it.

Comment

Cases are never closed, how can he state that as fact, he has no authority to make such a claim as the action has been brought by a third party

All that his statement means is that the enforcement officers have returned the obligations back to the originator, that is all

Comment

It's what it apparentely says on the letter he reads out.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X