• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by GO84 View Post
    Anyway... these fines he's been given by the council, he's avoided them so far, but they are kept on file, right? Surely they're not just going to forget about them. What is the outcome of this likely to be? What's the worst case scenario here? And the TV licence avoidance. And I think he avoids paying water rates. I am genuinely curious because I cannot believe it's that easy to outsmart the government.
    The gift that just keeps giving... msl:

Comment

Was going to say something to him but changed my mind. This comment can be deleted by an admin (can't find any delete function)
      Last edited by GO84; 23rd April 2013, 01:31:AM.

Comment

To be fair, GO84 has asked a legitimate question for which i will in my own opinion, hope to elaborate on.

Local authority parking tickets will not just disappear, if private bailiffs have been instructed and are unable to recover loss, then it will be passed back to the Local authority for further enforcement measures.

The worst case scenario is that you will have a County Court Bailiff knock at your door, arrest you, and haul you up in front of him that same day. County court judges are circuit or district judges doing their tour of duty in the lower courts. If the debtor still has the same stance with the judge, he has the power to find you in contempt. In reality though, an apology will suffice

Their is no such thing as TV licence avoidance. You have a statutory obligation to have TV Licence if you have equipment in your home, and are USING that equipment to receive Live TV Broadcast signals. TV licence inspector or Capita have to have absolute proof of guilt. They normally attain this by an indirect admission by the house holder which leads to a requisition or summons in front of a magistrate. They can apply to the magistrate for a right of entry warrant. This is unusual for a magistrate to grant one and is only issued after sworn evidence. Looking through a window and seeing a TV operational will satisfy that request This is the same as dealing with Council Tax non payment, but a magistrate will deal with it as civil penalties are involved. Only a judge can order a fine against an individual or committal to prison.

Water rates etc are all handled by the county court when a claim has been submitted. As stated, fail to pay and you will have county court bailiffs, HCEO (depending on the size of the judgement) attachment of earnings, arrestment of bank account etc. As with any outstanding obligations by the debtor, the claimant has to do an assessment on the respondents ability to pay, and the costs involved In bringing such action.

The worst case scenario is a spell at her majesty's pleasure, and still have to pay things like Council Tax when you are released.
        Last edited by FORCEOFONE; 23rd April 2013, 16:01:PM.

Comment

TV License IS criminal, unfortunately, as a few American servicemen's families have found out if they live off base. The whole TV licence crapita BBC mission creep to get a TV Licence required almost for a toaster is abhorrent as a funding model in the 21st Century, where streaming and viewing via other means than on air broadcast. There was a case in the 1908's where TVL tried to prosecute a vicar who had no TV for the CRT monitor of his Amstrad PCW they saw glowing through a window.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
            TV License IS criminal, unfortunately, as a few American servicemen's families have found out if they live off base. The whole TV licence crapita BBC mission creep to get a TV Licence required almost for a toaster is abhorrent as a funding model in the 21st Century, where streaming and viewing via other means than on air broadcast. There was a case in the 1908's where TVL tried to prosecute a vicar who had no TV for the CRT monitor of his Amstrad PCW they saw glowing through a window.

wow! in 1908!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
              wow! in 1908!!!
              Sorry mistyped it , it was in the 1980's, that'll teach me to rush

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                wow! in 1908!!!
                Steam-driven?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                  Sorry mistyped it , it was in the 1980's, that'll teach me to rush

Same as I do at times lol

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    I think he said he has fought 6 tickets in 5 years so that is hardly a prolonged or is not a persistent offender(please correct that number btw).
                    in the comments of one of his videos he tells me that he's had nearly 20 tickets. I don't know how many were from the council and how many were from private companies
                    It's 15 from the council (he said so) That does sound look like a lot, I think he's heading for trouble.
                    Last edited by GO84; 24th April 2013, 15:25:PM.

Comment

It's 15 from the council (he said so) That does sound look like a lot, I think he's heading for trouble.
                      and this affects you how ?

Comment

Why are you still commenting if you couldn't care less?

Comment

Why are you still commenting if you couldn't care less?
                          I comment on all sorts of things. This thread has gone all around the houses and despite itself covered some interesting ground.

None of which I suspect is of any real interest to you, your only real goal in coming on here is to try and illicit support for your dislike of someone we have never met.

Comment

So how can you criticise me for commenting on this guy? Again, I came here to find out how he seems to be getting away with it so easily and whether his arguments about the law held any water. Don't assume what interests me and what doesn't. *sigh* That's another 4 useless comments added to this bloated thread.
                            Last edited by GO84; 24th April 2013, 15:38:PM.

Comment

​Have you considered that the utuber might be telling you a load of old codswallop cos he knows he winds you up?

Comment

What goes around comes around

Things will always catch up with you in the end

We live by laws, and the law has a long arm if you transgress

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X