• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Well personally I think that CC is exceptional inciteful and although he is sense of humour is a little off the wall at times .

If GO was used to strong regional accents he should be aware that they can make people sound a little different. West Country for example, they hardly sound sharp to me.

As far as FMOL works , I think it is dangerous in some aspects such as debt and overkill for parking tickets. I will be interested to know how the council tickets work out

Comment

Cloggy is out there on his own with humour,,you either get it or you don't,,but he is also damn good at digging around for relevant information to pass on to OP's,,he also says things a lot of us think but won't say!
      Leclerc is spot on...all the salient questions have been answered over and over and this forum is NOT into name calling for the sake of it..it's childish,rude and distracts the posters from helping the OP's with real problems.
      And as for the 'youtube' bloke,,leave him alone to his own devices,,he will more than likely fall on his own sword before long.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Yes I do know HE will never read them, as he has blocked anything I or CC posts, but others will, he obviously may think by putting us on ignore he bans us from posting on "HIS" thread, hopefully if i understand it correctly it will stop him reading anything I post on any thread. I was rather amused at people commenting on what i posted and he couldn't ever see it.

BTW the band was local, and rather good. The recording will be mastered Monday, and used as the soundtrack for the video shot alongside the recording.
        No poster can "ban you" from posting on THIS forum or on any thread on here UNLESS they are site team and have the power to moderate every and any user on the forum. If they quote you then it will be shown but your name is omitted from the quote. If they post a new thread then you can even when on the ignore list read it but rolling the mouse onto the topic of the post but that is only the first post. I've learnt a lot about the ignore button on here recently
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

You and me both leclerc

Comment

I went to the doctors the other day, i said docto, doctor i feel people keep ignoring me he replied, Next !

Comment

Originally posted by suffering View Post
              I went to the doctors the other day, i said docto, doctor i feel people keep ignoring me he replied, Next !
              LOL

When one comes across someone like the OP it makes one wonder I you are on the right forum.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                LOL

When one comes across someone like the OP it makes one wonder I you are on the right forum.
                When I was on CAG there was a lot of threads that were disagreeable but normally I simply raised the eyebrows and left them to like minded individuals. In the end, there was not much left to post on OTR, lol!!

Comment

Serious question here
                  Is hitting the ignore button really the right way to go, so we disagree and argue but is the ignore button the cowards way out, or the way out of someone who is unable to argue their point?

Discuss

Comment

There are always going to be clashes of opinions and /or personalities on fora such as these. I have only 'clicked ignore' on one poster because I won't stoop to his antagonistic level and every thread was becoming a he-v-me argument. I read posts of others I disagree with and make the choice whether to post or not...depends on my mood at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Serious question here
                      Is hitting the ignore button really the right way to go, so we disagree and argue but is the ignore button the cowards way out, or the way out of someone who is unable to argue their point?

Discuss
                      No is the answer. I use that facility and have asked site team if there is any way of putting into the forum an ignore thread button(I wish ).

It can work as a form of self censorship which can be good(that was my reason for using it). If there are certain triggers that make you rant or do annoy the living daylights out of you but you still just cannot not respond the ignore poster button works a treat. Thankfully the list I have is very small but it is a useful tool to have on a forum. We are not always going to get along or not be annoyed/angered not to respond to others so the ignore poster is good(it also means you do not get Private Messages from them either ).

Comment

Plus,,by ignoring folk,,,one might miss out on learning something one didn't know. I think 1 person since August is quite good really msl:

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                          Serious question here

Discuss
                          I don't use it myself, there are plenty of people on here that i don't get along with, but they may come up with something I didn't think of, or some fact I was unaware of.

I think it depends on what people come on here for to a large extent, some like to come on here to give thier life stories, and are not really interested on anyone else, for these the ignore button is ideal because it prevents interruption.

Comment

Interesting replies, Kinda agree with Inca in that you can sometimes learn something new even from someone who is able to hit your buttons and wind you up.

AS for why people use sites like this, I really don't think it matters (within reason) . If it is someone's lifeline although you may think it is not healthy that is just fine. If they want to tell their life stories either in one long post or over lots of snippets so be it.

Comment

I came on here originally for help,,,got that help (and more)..found I 'gelled' with some people and have gone on to form friendships away from here which is great.I don't 'dislike' anyone,I just choose with whom I interact.Some of the threads on here are so serious and we have to be mindful that these are real people,with real problems but other threads are so wild they are funny.LB prides itself on it's 'come on in,,we'll help you' image,even if that help is just moral support (that I can give in abundance whilst I'm learning the ins and outs of debts ,laws etc)

Comment

In reply to comment #206:
                                Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                GO84 the above comment is in breach of site rules and does NOT stop them commenting here, it only stops you from reading what they say to you.
                                My comment that you've quoted (#198) was a response to the comment just before it:
                                Originally posted by Inca View Post
                                although if someone 'blocked' me,,I'd kinda take the hint they really don't wanna play conkers any more msl:
                                I know I cannot stop them commenting here, but I told CC early on that I didn't want to talk to him if he was just going to post sarcastic comments that didn't add anything to the discussion, and then I told him I'd put him on ignore.
                                Last edited by GO84; 21st April 2013, 11:20:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X