• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Naive bailiff encounter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Naive bailiff encounter

Even with a levy, they cannot just force entry, they would have to get permission off the council and ask the court before they could, they would have to give adequate notice in writing of a time and date to attend to force enter to remove goods. A liability Order is not a warrant, and does not of itself give a bailiff an automatic right of entry, whatever the wannabee Pinocchio claims.

There is NO LAW that compels anyone to speak to or deal with a bailiff, the maximum they can charge without a levy is capped ay £42.50, for a first and second visit fee, no levy and they can call 100 times but can charge no more, this is why it is important to prevent a levy if at all possible, or challenge the faulty one they have on your goods.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
      Even with a levy, they cannot just force entry, they would have to get permission off the council and ask the court before they could, they would have to give adequate notice in writing of a time and date to attend to force enter to remove goods. A liability Order is not a warrant, and does not of itself give a bailiff an automatic right of entry, whatever the wannabee Pinocchio claims.
      Thats good to hear. I was worried that they could turn up on Monday before we've had a chance to sort everything out and start taking things....

*stress levels decreasing*

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptikz View Post
        Thats good to hear. I was worried that they could turn up on Monday before we've had a chance to sort everything out and start taking things....

*stress levels decreasing*
        Don't get too complacent as Bailiffs and their companies actually read these threads and in the majority of cases they can identify who is who. It could be that he may turn up on Monday to try his luck but you are now better armed to deal with the situation. Yes, it is easy for me to say all this as it is not me facing the problem at the moment. If he does attend he will be very plausible and may even wave pieces of paper around hoping you think they are all the legal papers he needs to stride back in. On the other hand he may realise the game is up and resign himself to getting nothing.

Comment

I understand they have been trying for some time (asking neighbours etc)
          If they disclose their identity to the neighbours, and/or that they wish to speak to you about debt, then that may be an offence under the Data Protection Act.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
            Don't get too complacent as Bailiffs and their companies actually read these threads and in the majority of cases they can identify who is who. It could be that he may turn up on Monday to try his luck but you are now better armed to deal with the situation. Yes, it is easy for me to say all this as it is not me facing the problem at the moment. If he does attend he will be very plausible and may even wave pieces of paper around hoping you think they are all the legal papers he needs to stride back in. On the other hand he may realise the game is up and resign himself to getting nothing.
            Also good to know. I'm definitely not getting complacent and am still aiming to get this resolved asap - but it just means I'm not constantly worried that they can kick down the front door at any time - and like you said now I have the information for if they do arrive.

Comment

Also good to know. I'm definitely not getting complacent and am still aiming to get this resolved asap - but it just means I'm not constantly worried that they can kick down the front door at any time - and like you said now I have the information for if they do arrive.
              That's great, you now have the right attitude, so can be in control rather than the bailiff. If he turns up film him even with a mobile phone to capture any outlandish threats, you could also inform him that you are submitting proof of ownership of levied items. that should kill his pig for him.

Comment

JBW have form for seizing goods belonging to third parties. Waller has got to get a grip on his bailiffs or possibly face litigation or the loss of contracts when local authorities wake up to the fact the way JBW operates is going to land them and CT payers with claims for substantial costs, damages and expenses which they cannot avoid due to vicarious liability.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X