• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bristow and sutor advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bristow and sutor advice please

Hi me and my partner had a call from a bailiff earlier this year sometime in july . I let him in thinking that as long as i paid what i agreed everything would be fine .He took an inventory of our goods and we paid him 120 pound on the spot and agreed to pay 50 pound per month to clear the debt of 250 pound . He happily took the money and said that will get a letter in the post with instructions on paying the further payments . we decided that we would pay over the phone by card every month untill the debt was paid .
    Still expecting the letter with payment options on to arrive

That letter never arrived but in the meantime we were the victims of debit card fraud and had to cancel the card ie we couldnt pay by card over the phone.only then did the no arrival of the payment options letter become an issue we tried tirelesly to contact bristow and sutor who would never answer.

About a week ago we were sent an intimidation letter claiming that we had refused to pay and that the only option now was full payment or the removal of goods .We tried to contact them yet again with no luck and after spending with no exageration 100 pound on pay as you go phone credit only to be put on hold we still never got through

Now today 10/09/2012 the bailiffs turned up in there van and look how hard i am bald heads i looked through the window and told him to wait for a while whilst i fetched my partner out of the shower as its her council tax account of which this is the (FOURTH BAILIFF!!)
    that has been to collect this so called debt we paid the other three bailiffs outright for what we can only see as the same debt
    that bristow and sutor are trying to collect on

he didnt wait instead he left a letter saying that the bill was now 380 pound after adding on 130 for the call

i got very annoyed and used our contract phone and spent over an an hour on hold finally getting through to the office i told them about the situation and i could tell the smug cow on the other end was smirking i asked to speak to her manager and was told that the manager wasnt there to speak to the public but to manage the office i asked a further 7 times and still was refused she refused to give me the bailiffs name she refused to except a payment so that we could get the 50 pound per month agreement back up and running and she said that either i pay the now 380 pound or bailiffs will return and take goods that will be sold at public auction

I have tried for the past 3 hours to call the bailiff that attended the property but the orange mobile phone number is off

what can i do guys girls ime in a hurry lol
    Tags: None

Re: bristow and sutor advice please

How much did you owe originally as confirmed by the Council?
    How much have you paid to date?
    Have you asked for a breakdown of the Bailiffs charges?
    Can you list the goods seized exactly as described on your Notice of Seizure?

Stay off the phone to him unless you can record the call. If the Council Tax is for a property solely to do with your partner then they can only list her items.

Comment

Nothing has been siezed i didnt open the door
      The original debt was 470 (council tax) Not our current property
      the bailiffs office refused to help me and told me that she wasnt able to provide any information ( i did get the managers name )
      we paid 120 pound sofar and various reasons have prevented us paying any further allthough we are willing to pay
      the office would not let us make a payment

this council tax bill is from my girlfreinds previous property we have paid 3 bailiffs 470 pound all were for council tax
      at the same property we are therefore not even sure that we havent allready paid this bill 3 times

the coucil still state that my girlfreind ows it and will only redirect us to bristow and sutor for any further payments etc

Comment

sorry about the vaguness of the information i have provided but we havent been good at keeping ontop of things of late
        as we recently found out that my son has muscular dystrophy and have been trying to get our head around it whilst also looking for a suitable home for him a lot of the paper work etc has fallen by the wayside all we need in this case is a little more time we will pay
        but there just trying to scare us into paying money we just cant afford at the moment i have a way to contact my local mp
        but i cant see this being of any use seen as i signed the walk in possesion order without being told what it was i should have read it but just wasnt in the mindset to at the time

Comment

Bristols and Hooters are seriously in breach of their Category F Licence under the CCA and are begging to have the licence revoked or its renewal refused. In that respect, you need to make a formal complaint against the company, detailing exactly what they have done, to the OFT's Credit Fitness Team. Their email address is enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk. Insert CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box. Give a clear and concise resume of your complaint and include these details in the complaint -

Company Name: Bristow & Sutor Civil Enforcement Ltd
          Credit Licence No.: 155278

You will also need to consult the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines and list breaches in your complaint. I will post these, along with other information, later.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you could you please clarify the reason there in breach of there licence was the refusal to give me details ?
            or the fact theye didnt explain that the document i signed was a walk in posession order i assumed this was my responsibility as the signee
            but as i said i just wasnt in the frame of mind to read it through i wanted him out of my house asap

Comment

Hi Stenwo,

Posts #1 and #3 will give you the answers. The Debt Collection Guidelines will make it make it even clearer. OFT Credit Fitness isn't interested in WPOs, but they are interested in the behaviour of licensees and their employees, which includes failing to provide information, making it difficult to obtain information, demanding payments beyond what the debtor can afford. I could go on. Take a look through what I'm attaching to this post and you will see what I mean. Expect to become very angry. Once you've looked through and identified the lying and cheating that has gone on, come back onto this thread and we'll see what further help you need.
              Attached Files

Comment

I have a few issues with what you say that need clearing up. You have have made reference to a Walking Possession Order and some of the items it contains but then say in another post the Bailiff has not gained entry to your home. Is it possible you can clarify how the WPO has come about.

You need to go back to basics to find out out what is actually owing. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
                1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
                2 - the dates they were obtained
                3 - the addresses they were for
                4 - the period of time each covers
                5 - how much each one was for
                6 - how much is still outstanding
                7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
                8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

You also need to send off for a breakdown of the fees charged. Here's an example of what to use, adapt as you see fit and send initially by email followed by a copy in the post, email for B&S is enquiries@bristowsutor.co.uk

"From:
                My Name
                My Address

To:
                Acme Bailiff Co
                Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
                a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
                b - the reason for the fee.
                c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
                d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.
                e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Comment

As your son has been diagnosed with muscular dystrophy this may class you as being vulnerable which should mean the Bailiffs return the account back to the Council. I see BB has already included a link for the National Standards for Enforcement Agents in Post 7. To be able to claim this you must provide some form of proof and send it to both Council & Bailiffs.

Comment

I used to work for what is now known as the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign. What type of MD affects your son? The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign can help you with general support and advice on benefits. Their website is at www.muscular-dystrophy.org. If you would prefer to send me a PM, please do so.

Comment

unfortunatly my son suffers from duchenne muscular dystrophy not that any type is a walk in the park.
                      my girlfreind did let a bailiff in the house to make a payment arangement as he refused to make one without
                      noting our goods. The time i refer to when i said i did not let him in was today when he came in the van with the intent
                      of removing goods for this visit he charged us 130 pounds

Thanks for all your help guys i have a lot to do and very little time is there a way of getting them to halt proceedings as i am expecting them tommorow morning and the next day etc etc

Comment

record everything!
                        camcorder or mobile phone, print off as much as you can and don't open the door
                        talk to them through the letterbox and tell them you are recording them, there's plenty of helpful tips in the sticky's.
                        Here's a couple you can look at:
                        http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-with-Bailiffs

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...The-First-Time

Good luck for tomorrow

Comment

If they do call again then do not open the door to them, advise them of the vulnerability issues and that you are providing proof to the Council of same. They will tell you they are getting a locksmith or Police to force entry. To do this they first need the permission of the Council. If they agree then they also need an Order from the Court permitting them to do so. Following on from that they then need to write to you giving you 7 days notice of a date & time of attendance. Only then if you again refuse them entry may the force their way in.

Lesson No 1 - Bailiffs Lie

Comment

Trouble is ime not going to be in tomorrow we have a meeting with my sons special school
                            about rehousing and how theye can help etc I have three large dogs i could leave in the front room tho lol

Comment

also i didnt mention i now live in private property does that mean theye need my landlords permission to gain entry??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X