• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

chandlers baliff visit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chandlers baliff visit

Originally posted by pepsie View Post
    I like your optimism to 'civilised' but...they have already succeeded with their objective to getting you to pay them and their fees through scare tactics. Imho it would be better to follow the guideline and put pen to paper to gather the information suggested by PT in post#8 and as this will need to be followed with a request for a breakdown of the bailiff fees, you have the option to take them out of the equation and start making affordable regular payment direct to the Council using their online system.......doing that then removes any suggestion you are 'willfully refusing to pay', halts any committal proceedings, stops goods being levied upon and leaves you with £42.50 in total to the bailiffs fees??

Pepsie

i know i have accepted but lets not forget theres a debt that is owed by myself and it is council tax, theres no hiding from this one, not like its a phone bill which i can denie etc, if it was a utility trust me i wouldnt answer the door etc and would go by the book. however lets not forget these have been sent on me by the COURT. the baliff may not have the power to break in etc, but the courts DO have the power, they can get a WARRANT to excute like the can get a warrant search someones house. if i egnore the ballif, they come twice and send the debt back, then what do think the courts next move is? hmm, have a think about, depending on what the balif is calling on you for and who has sent them i would think very carefully on how you approach the "dont let them in rule", you can still set up the arrangement maybe and then get in contact with the council with your concerns of paying to much etc after, this however gets the ballif of your back whilst you sort out the necessarys with CAB offices, advice or what ever. your probly better of auctioning your own goods on ebay maybe your probly get raise more money and you can pick and choose what to sell and stuff. again even if its to pay the first payment just to bied your time. i have updated the visit at the top of this thread.

Comment

NEC flatscreen television (did he list the remote..if not then worthless at auction)
      2 cloth sofas (unless they still have fire labels in place worthless..if removal leaves insufficient seating for all the family they are exempt from levy.
      metal glass dining table exempt unless you have another..(can't eat of the floor)
      wooden tv cupbaoard worthless unless antique and made of solid oak
      asko fridge exempt from levy
      microwave worthless
      indesit washing machine exempt from levy
      and my laptop... worthless
      (unless top of the range)

To obtain a legal levy to amount owed the bailiff would have needed to have levied on goods to the value of £150,000 to be sold at auction, clearly this levy is not worth the paper it is written on or the time spent writing it and was done solely to garner fees for the bailiff? it wouldn't even cover the costs to removal, storage or auction let alone reduce the amount owed to the LA.

Should you fail to keep up with the repayments...they do not have automatic right to rentry with or without a locksmith or the police...they will need to return the matter to the Court and you will be ordered to appear to explain why the payments have not been forthcoming, then you get to agree a repayment plan with the Court. Councils go for warrants of entry not the bailiff they are only the agent of the Council and they seldom make that application.

Comment

Originally posted by DEANEO View Post
        im clued up at what he can and cant do,
        Then why the buggery did you allow the ba:censored:rd to enter and why did you sign an invalid levy?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Then why the buggery did you allow the ba:censored:rd to enter and why did you sign an invalid levy?
          becasue i wanted to be co-operative, as for the levy, i know he cant take that stuff, the fridge he cant take coz its food, washing machine coz its cleaness, table cant eat of floor etc as pointed out by jack russel, it was all to make him think that he was doing was algood, but like i said he was fair i think, the stuff he wrote down aint worth nothing, the levy stands weather i sign it or not, that main thing is hes happy and been fair considering what they could of done or they think they could of done, you be a pain in the arse for them, then they will be a pain in the arse for me, and they have the courts on there side, as i stated before, the reason i said about being clued up is had he of said things like im going to charge £200 for the visit for example i would of got out the legislation paper with the regs on , baliff fees set out by the statutory and informed him that i know that he cant do that, and what he has tried to do is nothing more than conn me out of more money which is a crime, and these guys are CERTIFIED thats why the courts use them, they have a code of pratice if you like,so not doing hes JOB as he should could get him in trouble,especially with his peers, and i can report him the the council etc,i recorded the whole conversation as well so theres no way he could denie it and anything i could/would of paid extra i would need a receipt and would challange them with the council and chandlers and get the courts to look at it.who knows where it could of lead to for the baliff. but it never come to that, maybe im not explaining it right, but i know what i mean.

Comment

becasue i wanted to be co-operative, as for the levy, i know he cant take that stuff, the fridge he cant take coz its food, washing machine coz its cleaness, table cant eat of floor etc as pointed out by jack russel, it was all to make him think that he was doing was algood, but like i said he was fair i think, the stuff he wrote down aint worth nothing, the levy stands weather i sign it or not, that main thing is hes happy and been fair considering what they could of done or they think they could of done, you be a pain in the arse for them, then they will be a pain in the arse for me, and they have the courts on there side, as i stated before, the reason i said about being clued up is had he of said things like im going to charge £200 for the visit for example i would of got out the legislation paper with the regs on , baliff fees set out by the statutory and informed him that i know that he cant do that, and what he has tried to do is nothing more than conn me out of more money which is a crime, and these guys are CERTIFIED thats why the courts use them, they have a code of pratice if you like,so not doing hes JOB as he should could get him in trouble,especially with his peers, and i can report him the the council etc,i recorded the whole conversation as well so theres no way he could denie it and anything i could/would of paid extra i would need a receipt and would challange them with the council and chandlers and get the courts to look at it.who knows where it could of lead to for the baliff. but it never come to that, maybe im not explaining it right, but i know what i mean.
            Obviously you are a 'happy bunny' having followed your own path to the bailiff's burrow. Your 'documented' post will indeed be helpful to others but only if they don't follow the same path to incurring unnecessary fees from an invalid levy...you are unique Deaneo in that you are first person I have ever known to want to pay more than they have need to a bailiff?

Pepsie

Comment

becasue i wanted to be co-operative,
              Yet you drew the line at dropping your pants and bending over so he might use your bum-hole? :tinysmile_aha_t:

I honestly do not understand why you want to assist that bum nugget in any way.

as for the levy, i know he cant take that stuff, the fridge he cant take coz its food, washing machine coz its cleaness, table cant eat of floor etc as pointed out by jack russel, it was all to make him think that he was doing was algood, but like i said he was fair i think, the stuff he wrote down aint worth nothing, the levy stands weather i sign it or not, that main thing is hes happy and been fair considering what they could of done or they think they could of done, you be a pain in the arse for them, then they will be a pain in the arse for me, and they have the courts on there side, as i stated before, the reason i said about being clued up is had he of said things like im going to charge £200 for the visit for example i would of got out the legislation paper with the regs on , baliff fees set out by the statutory and informed him that i know that he cant do that, and what he has tried to do is nothing more than conn me out of more money which is a crime, and these guys are CERTIFIED thats why the courts use them, they have a code of pratice if you like,so not doing hes JOB as he should could get him in trouble,especially with his peers, and i can report him the the council etc,i recorded the whole conversation as well so theres no way he could denie it and anything i could/would of paid extra i would need a receipt and would challange them with the council and chandlers and get the courts to look at it.who knows where it could of lead to for the baliff. but it never come to that, maybe im not explaining it right, but i know what i mean.
              Frankly, I do not know what you mean and nor, I suspect, would anyone else.

I believe that you may have too much respect for anyone you perceive as a figure of authority and for the untruths they utter. Their "code of conduct" isn't even worth a drop of tepid spittle or a pre-used piece of loo paper, whilst an invalid levy could not possibly stand whether or not it was signed, as it contained exempt items that could not properly or lawfully be removed. As the levy is invalid, so is the Walking Possession Agreement and no fee should be payable for work not performed correctly.

As far as I am aware, no bailiff in the UK has ever been certified and yet allowed to retain his/her bailiff's certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Yet you drew the line at dropping your pants and bending over so he might use your bum-hole? :tinysmile_aha_t:

I honestly do not understand why you want to assist that bum nugget in any way.

Frankly, I do not know what you mean and nor, I suspect, would anyone else.

I believe that you may have too much respect for anyone you perceive as a figure of authority and for the untruths they utter. Their "code of conduct" isn't even worth a drop of tepid spittle or a pre-used piece of loo paper, whilst an invalid levy could not possibly stand whether or not it was signed, as it contained exempt items that could not properly or lawfully be removed. As the levy is invalid, so is the Walking Possession Agreement and no fee should be payable for work not performed correctly.

As far as I am aware, no bailiff in the UK has ever been certified and yet allowed to retain his/her bailiff's certificate.
                CC you are an absolute tonic ...nothing like a good laugh at the end of sh$t day...thank you xxx

Comment

Cant take all this in, this guys owesthe money fair enough must be a reason why it wasnt paid before legal action or payment plan set up with council then he invites on bailiff as if it was a blind date gives him a cup of tea agrees payment plan then lets the bailiff add on more charges and is happy with it is this for real or a wind up or a thread from a bailiff or his company to try to show all on LB how nice they are??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X