• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not my debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not my debt

Perhaps an inquiry to the police should be made, they obviously supported the actions of the bailiff in entering and searching the premises, it would be unpleasant to think that they would do that without evidence of the bailiffs identity and their legal right to enter premises under an order of some kind.

D

Comment

Im sorry to be firm on this KeithB but it is your partners son that has brought this problem down on you. You have done nothing wrong and have been treated badly for it but you can't blame the police they did not cause the problem and just because you may not be able to do anything about the bailiff does not give other people the right to give you advice to complain about the police, it seems that your partners son has broke the law in some way and he needs to stand up and face the music not run and hide like an idiot and bring these problems to your door, I'm dame sure I would not let one of my children get away with it i would knocking on his door today and dragging him in to the police station.

Comment

They supported the bailiff because thats what they have todo I do not believe for one moment they would just let them in without notice from someone who they were the bailiff called the police in the first place not KeithB.

Comment

By the way I do not support bailiffs I think they are the scum of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by cheekymonkey07 View Post
            Im sorry to be firm on this KeithB but it is your partners son that has brought this problem down on you. You have done nothing wrong and have been treated badly for it but you can't blame the police they did not cause the problem and just because you may not be able to do anything about the bailiff does not give other people the right to give you advice to complain about the police, it seems that your partners son has broke the law in some way and he needs to stand up and face the music not run and hide like an idiot and bring these problems to your door, I'm dame sure I would not let one of my children get away with it i would knocking on his door today and dragging him in to the police station.
            Nobody is complaining about anyone so far i think. It is perfectly reasonable for the op to inquire why he was arrested, it is perfectly reasonable for him to want to find out why he was forced to let people of unsubstantiated authority search his home.
            If documents had been presented when they should have been all this could have been avoided , but apparently they wernt, to be honest i wuld be hoping mad, i would be down the cop shop and finding out exactly what had gone on.

D

Comment

Any way ill look at this thread later got to go out and do some real honest work. Try and focus on the real reason this happened the partners son he broke the law.

Comment

I am as big as any bailiff and if they had not produced any documentation and put a foot on my property I would have put them on there arse anyway.

Comment

Any way ill look at this thread later got to go out and do some real honest work. Try and focus on the real reason this happened the partners son he broke the law.
                  I must have read the op's post wrong , i thought the real reason we are discussing this is because of the oafish behavior of the bailiffs (if that is what they were), and the unprofessional actions of the police.
                  If they had arrived showed there documents and asked to search it would have been different.

D

Comment

They supported the bailiff because thats what they have to do
                    No, they do not.

I do not believe for one moment they would just let them in without notice from someone who they were the bailiff called the police in the first place not KeithB.
                    The impression I got was that PCs Starsky and Hutch simply do not have a clue.

They're like other plods who believe they have the legal power to confiscate cameras and/or delete images.

Comment

By the way I do not support bailiffs I think they are the scum of the earth.
                      But you also seem to have the curious idea that policemen are incapable of making mistakes.

Comment

Cheekymonkey, I think your response is well out of order. KiethB isn't saying the boy is innocent, but is trying to figure out what just happened to him.

Firstly, these two thugs never showed id, not to him or the police, so how does he (or the police) know they are who they say they are? Yes I know the police are there to do a job, but maybe if they did that job properly there wouldn't be so many police complaints.

One other thing that's bothering me, can the baillifs enter a house to search for someone?

Comment

Information from the net says my mistake was in not showing the bailiff my council tax bill. If I had done this they may have accepted my word and left. I tried sticking to my guns - you show me your authority and I'll show you proof - was a bad move and all that followed was my fault. Hey Ho

Interestingly Shell they were searching for proof that he wasn't there. I wonder what that proof would look like. It would seem they have the right to search, they said so and the police arrested me for saying no.
                          Last edited by KeithB; 6th July 2012, 11:11:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                            Information from the net says my mistake was in not showing the bailiff my council tax bill. If I had done this they may have accepted my word and left. I tried sticking to my guns - you show me your authority and I'll show you proof - was a bad move and all that followed was my fault. Hey Ho
                            No i do not agree , they should have shown you their identity detail s soon as challenged.

D

Comment

I'm totally with davyb on this one.

Comment

There are a formidable amount of wrong doings by police and bailiffs in this post, suggestion the police were doing their 'duty' by helping the bailiffs does indeed show how people easily become misinformed..the police are only there to prevent a breach of the peace and in this instance I can see they actually caused the breach of the peace and very worthy IMHO of a complaint against them. Moving on to the bailiffs they do not have the power to enter and search any property without a Court warrant that is specific to that task, they have misrepsented their powers to not only the 'occupant' of the premises but also the Police they made to claim to hold a 'warrant' but failed to provide evidence to it, they failed to provide ID on request...yes I think this could end up a very serious complaint....possibly a form 4?

Pepsie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X