• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rossendales!!!!

The bailiffs aren't trying to pursue a previous tenant by any chance? If they are, any levy on your car or other belongings is invalid and any attempt, by them, to remove you car, etc., would be illegal. Subsequently, so would any fees being charged. Do as Ploddertom recommends first thing tomorrow morning. If it does turn out that it is the previous tenant who owes the CT, ask the local authority to stop any enforcement action immediately. If they fail to do so, they are equally liable with Rossendales.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly2012 View Post
      How is it too late to transfer the log book into another name?
      The vehicle has been seized by the Bailiff and is therefore under his control. At present it has to be assumed the levy is lawful unless we can determine otherwise. It is therefore unlawful for to sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the said vehicle without the permission of the Bailiff - please note that if you arranged a sale he would take control of any monies that changed hands.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly2012 View Post
        He hasn't left one of these just a notice of distress notice with an inventory which has my car reg under it. He hasn't took my car yet he said he will give me til wednesday to find money or he will come back.
        On the Notice he has left you has he listed the make & model of car, the colour & reg no? You do have one argument as to whether the levy is valid or not. If the debt you allegedly owe is £535 then he needs to seize goods worth approx £5.5k as goods sold at auction on average fetch 10% of their worth. If you reckon your car is worth only £400 then please excuse me for saying so but it is only worth scrap at auction at most £50 - £100. A Bailiff if removing goods for sale at auction should ensure if the goods are then removed they cover the following:
        a - all Bailiff fees
        b - all removal & storage costs
        c - the costs of the auction
        d - the Auctioneers fees
        e - a proportion of the debt owing
        In your case therefore the sale of the car would not bring sufficient funds for the above. The argumnet therefore is that the Bailiff has only made a levy to gain a financial advantage for himself and his company. If he was unable to find sufficient goods then he should have returned the account as Nulla Bono - insufficient goods.

Comment

I have to laugh when i see that once the car is levied its illegal to remove it when we read on LB some of the things these bailiffs get up to i would advise the person to hide the car what are the idiots gonna do mount a search or make more threats when bailiffs operate totally within in the rules i would expect others to do so

Comment

Check the debt isn't the previous tenant's. Local authorities aren't infallible and do make mistakes.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              I have to laugh when i see that once the car is levied its illegal to remove it when we read on LB some of the things these bailiffs get up to i would advise the person to hide the car what are the idiots gonna do mount a search or make more threats when bailiffs operate totally within in the rules i would expect others to do so
              The usual scenario to the car is that one of your long lost great aunts was passing when the engine blew up and being the good hearted relation you are lent them your car in all innocence for them to continue their journey. Only problem is that a long lost uncle in the Western isles has been taken ill and they have gone their to look after them and because they need looking after round the clock cannot return with the car for another 6 weeks, but can provide pictures of the car to prove it is still OK. The reality of course is that the car only happens to be a few streets away but it is a good story though.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X