• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn PLC-Claiming back excessive charges of PCN fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newlyn PLC-Claiming back excessive charges of PCN fine

Have they conveniently forgot to give the dates all these fees were incurred. Turning to the fees they have listed:

Council Debt - £202-00 - have to assume this is correct if the original was never paid or challenged
    Closing Fee - £5-00 - what is this, is it listed within the Regulations - must be challenged
    First Letter - £11-20 - seems correct - providing they can prove the letter was sent, ask for Certificate of Posting
    Finance Check - £20-00 - what is this, is it listed within the Regulations - must be challenged
    Enforcement Fee 1 - £175-00 - as far as I am aware there is no such thing - must be challenged
    Levy Fee - £73-00 - according to my calculations it should be 28% on the first £200 = £56 + 5.5% on the balance = £1, a total of £57-00, therefore due a refund of £16-00. They cannot prove any of the extraneous fees are lawful. Total now owing £259-00.
    Enforcement Fee 2 - £120-00 - as far as I am aware there is no such thing - must be challenged
    Sch 1 Section 8 Fee - £35-00 - may be correct only if they have actually listed what they are claiming for
    Subject Access Request - £8-33 - totally irrelevant as it submitted as separate request and paid for as such
    VAT - £89-51 - needs reworking
    Until such time they can prove they are entitled to the rest of the fees, in my opinion you are due a sizeable refund.

Comment

I'm attaching some legislation which will help you counter any arguments from Newlyns. Thanks for looking in, PT.

If Newlyns can prove the Schedule 1 fee, the sum owed = £325.84 including VAT @ 20% - Refund owed = £413.20
      If Newlyns cannot prove the Schedule 1 fee, the sum owed = £295.03 including VAT @ 20% - Refund owed = £444.01

I would also report Newlyns to the OFT Credit Fitness Team at enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk, inserting the words CREDIT FITNESS in the subject box. Give a clear and concise resume of your complaint. You will need to quote Newlyns' CRN and CCL, which are below -

Company Reg. No. - 03770985
      Consumer Credit Licence No. - 0585311

You should also make a formal complaint against Newlyns to your local Trading Standards Department.
      Attached Files
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by NEEDINGHELP; 8th August 2012, 07:01:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X