• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Group threatening Locksmiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marston Group threatening Locksmiths

Thanks bluebottle, I needed to know so I can amend my guidance on making a formal complaint to police.

The two common reasons of bailiff complaints are, fee fraud, and threatening to interfere with the operation of locks on a property.

Would it be better to approach CID and ask for a meeting with a detective?

Comment

What you mention are matters normally dealt with by the Uniform Branch.

CID deal with burglaries and more serious offences, like Blackmail, Sexual Offences, etc.. They would only become involved in cases involving dodgy bailiffs if a bailiff committed a serious assault, blackmail, burglary, criminal damage of £200 in value or more or fraud involving amounts of £2,000 or more.

From what I have read in posts about the activities of certificated bailiffs, I will restrict the information you require to that specific topic, as you mention the offences they most frequently commit.

BAILIFF AT THE DOOR

The offences a certificated bailiff is most likely to commit that require police intervention include: Putting Foot In Door, Pushing Past Property Owner/Occupier, Threatening to Cause Damage to Property, Attempting to Gain Entry to A Property without Lawful Authority, Attempting to Remove Property They Have No Lawful Authority to Remove

Action: Dial 999 and tell police a person claiming to be a bailiff is attempting to force an entry to your home/pushed past you when you opened the door/threatening to kick your front/back door in/attempting to take property they have no lawful authority to remove. Never say they are a bailiff. That is where many people make their mistake.

BAILIFF CALLED BUT LEFT CALLING CARD

The offences a certificated bailiff is most likely to commit that require police intervention include: Making Unwarranted Demands with Menaces, Falsely Misrepresenting Fees, Threatening to Cause Damage to Property, Attempting to Gain Entry to A Property without Lawful Authority, Threatening to Remove Property They have No Lawful Authority to Remove.

Action: Telephone the police on the national non-emergency telephone number and make arrangements to attend a police station to make a Statement of Complaint if time permits. If not, attend the nearest police station and report the matter in person, taking all available evidence with you. Ask to make a Statement of Complaint. It is wise to check with courts, etc., and confirm any written statements made are correct or false, especially fees before attending the police station. This gives police less room to wriggle out of dealing with the complaint. Please remember that civilian support staff do not have the training that warranted police officers have had and don't vent your frustration on them. If they appear thick, ask to speak to a warranted police officer. Remember the Scouts' motto - Be Prepared.

I hope this provides you with the information you need and please feel free to come back for clarification if required. I will prepare a separate post for dealing with police trying to duck out of dealing with dodgy bailiffs or who fail to stop bailiffs acting outside the law.
      Last edited by bluebottle; 29th January 2012, 01:13:AM. Reason: Major Revision of Post
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

PROCEDURE FOR COMPLAINTS AGAINST POLICE

Any complaints against a police officer should always be addressed, in the first instance, to an officer senior in rank to the officer who you are complaining about. Please see the list of ranks below.

If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive, ask to speak to an officer senior to the police officer you speak to and escalate the matter upwards to the most senior until you achieve the outcome you are looking for. The Commissioner/Chief Constable is the final port of call before complaining to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Metropolitan and City of London Police

Constable - Sergeant - Inspector - Chief Inspector - Superintendent - Chief Superintendent - Commander - Deputy Assistant Commissioner - Assistant Commissioner - Deputy Commissioner - Commissioner.

English/Welsh/Scottish Police Forces/MoD Police/British Transport Police

Constable - Sergeant - Inspector - Chief Inspector - Superintendent - Chief Superintendent - Assistant Chief Constable - Deputy Chief Constable - Chief Constable

Note: A Superintendent is normally in charge of a police station.

Comment

Your time an effort is really appreciated here. I have linked your two posts to the stickies.

I'll need to do some amendments to the stickies in light of your contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            English/Welsh/Scottish Police Forces/MoD Police/British Transport Police

Constable - Sergeant - Inspector - Chief Inspector - Superintendent - Chief Superintendent - Assistant Chief Constable - Deputy Chief Constable - Chief Constable

Note: A Superintendent is normally in charge of a police station.
            Whereas a Chief Inspector just ensures the toilets are working and that no policeman has a bent truncheon?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Whereas a Chief Inspector just ensures the toilets are working and that no policeman has a bent truncheon?
              Is that only in a Banana Republic!

Comment

Another guide to the police:
                Attached Files

Comment

Now I know why no-one could ever find the Chief Inspector at the police stations I was based at. Thanks for that. LOL

Comment

Another guide to the police:
                    Thanks for that. After picking myself up off the floor umpteen times and changing my underwear three times, I finally finished reading through it.

That sort of thing appeals to my ex-policeman's warped sense of humour! LOL!

Comment

you are saying rightly that I've just been thinking and if I contact the court and pay them the original fine would that cancel everything?

Comment

Originally posted by johnson33 View Post
                        you are saying rightly that I've just been thinking and if I contact the court and pay them the original fine would that cancel everything?

This thread is over a year old, it may be better to start your own thread, but no paying the fine only now will not call off the dogs, if you have your own tread beagles can target help to your issue, as we need more background to offer best advice for your particular issue

Comment

______
                          Last edited by johnson33; 23rd August 2013, 07:01:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnson33 View Post

______
                            http//funny boat names.org/
                            Have a Read of these

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...d-Bailiff-Fees

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

After that start your own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X