• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

phillips bailliff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: phillips bailliff

Originally posted by kazb64 View Post
    I have noticed on a couple of your links people videoing all contact in case of problems. Will we be allowed to do this or will we be breaking some law.
    You ought to be getting the message that the Bailiffs don't always follow the law themselves, if they don't like their actions being recorded, let them complain.

You look after yourselves and concentrate on that aspect, don't 'worry' or have any 'feelings' towards Bailiffs. Just have a look around this site, you will soon see where bailiffs and their actions should be situated in 'life's rich tapestry'
    Last edited by Swingletree; 15th July 2011, 17:05:PM. Reason: typo
    If you do what you always do, you will always get what you always get!

Comment

they have rung again asking peter to ring them back for the 10th time today. should he tell to stop calling and only deal with them by email to make sure we have some thing to show what has been said.
      He'd be better telling them only to communicate in writing, by letter, as emails are easier to falsify.

If they keep calling, either give them the run around (telling them that you are God, asking them to feign sex on the phone, shouting at them that you WILL NOT BE THEIR GAY LOVER, etc) and/or report the oafs to Trading Standards.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

I have noticed on a couple of your links people videoing all contact in case of problems. Will we be allowed to do this or will we be breaking some law.
      Whilst the bailiffs will doubtless claim that you would be breaking the Data Protection Act (or whatever other law comes to the moron's "mind") relax, you won't be. Always remember this:

Bailiffs tell lies.
      Last edited by CleverClogs; 15th July 2011, 18:41:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think I will keep the video recorder at the door. If I can annoy them as much as theyve agrivated me it will be worth while. Earlier on I was scared but I am now angry as you lot have helped me realise they act like school yard bullies. So do we reckon they were bullied as kids at school or were they the bullies. Do I take it that once they realise we have found out about our rights they may well back off or at least take it too court.

hubby wants it to go to court so we can explain our side of things. He went to 2 local courts today and they couldnt find any debt owing in their records.

Comment

Kaz, just get the letters sorted and send them off, by post and as pdf attachments on email. Do not speak to them on the phone. Do not answer the door to them. Get the breakdown of the alleged debt from them and then you can take it from there. If they don't provide you with a breakdown, then don't pay them. Simple. It's no good beating around the bush, just do it. The quicker you send them the quicker it will get sorted. You must be prepared for them to lie and cheat and hassle you- don't feel like you're the only ones, bailiffs treat everyone like this. It's what they do.

When you write to them ask under which legislation they are claiming these fees, and what statute/act/law/whatever they will be using to enforce them.
          Is no longer here

Comment

It may be worth adding that any breakdown of fees they do send should indicate why they'd be most unlikely to take the matter anywhere near a court.

Comment

It is completely legal to record or photogrph people on your property and people in the street have an expetation to be photographed. provided these images are not published there should be no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                You must be prepared for them to lie and cheat and hassle you- don't feel like you're the only ones, bailiffs treat everyone like this. It's what they do.
                Personally, I'd blame their parent. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                Last edited by CleverClogs; 17th July 2011, 17:45:PM.

Comment

I am drafting the letter for Phillips as you instructed should I say that a copy of this will be sent to trading standards or wait til we received the true bill.

Comment

No - leave that as a surprise to make their day a bit more interesting.

Comment

Fankly I I agree with clever clogs they dont deserve any consideration . Theyve shown none.

Comment

just an update - hubby tried to upload letter but we are using an old printer scanner ( think he nicked it from the ark) Anyway on one of the links you gave us I found the phone number to a guy who we could make a complaint. The guy had changed departments but he would get the right one to phone us back. he rang back last night (Tuesday ) and he had contacted Philips who told him their bailiff had called on 1st of July at just after 1pm. He wanted Peter to email the letter we had received giving the time as 2.50'He got Peter to describe any thing that would be recognisable.

He was getting the phone calls suspended and the letters stopped, and the bailiff stopped.

The guys name is Ian Sheel.

His job title is Unit manager/ Northumbrian Fines Officer.

His address is Northumbria central enforcment unit po box 826 north shields ne29 1dz

My question is can we trust Mr Sheel. Has anyone had any dealings with him. May be no one has coz he is for Northumberland.Do we go ahead with lodging our complaint thru trading standards - I think we should

will keep you up to date and will post our letters on here once we have given the scanner he kiss of life.

Comment

Well the only way if you will know if he is as good as his word is when you can see whether he's done what he says he's going to do. Who does he work for - Northumbria Council? Get him to put in writing the action he has taken, or is going to take.
                          Is no longer here

Comment

will get him to put it in writing but from what I can understand he does work for northumbria. Peter took the call and he says he is the superviser of the bailiffs within our area. Im going onto the web site and see if his name comes up on their workers list and if he does what is his job title.

Peter sent off a letter today with a copy of the letter where they told us the time.

Comment

you should also send him copies of the letters you have already sent to the bailiffs, and send copies of all the threatening letters you have received. Really, you need to do a letter of complaint to him, highlighting all the things that Phillips have done wrong , and the fact that as yet you have no breakdown of what charges they have applied, etc etc. The council know very well that they are responsible for the actions of bailiffs employed by them, and they can instruct the bailiffs in what to do. The council can also recall the debt from the bailiffs. agree how much is outstanding and arrange an affordable instalment plan for payment.
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              On second thought - if this is a court fine, why would the Council be involved? (I was having a blonde moment there, thought it was a parking fine until I read back over the thread). This chap probably works for the Courts Service?
                              Last edited by WendyB; 20th July 2011, 14:31:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              Is no longer here

Comment

I believe his job title - Fines Officer - may provide a clue, as that rather suggests that he works in a Fines Office.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X