• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

phillips bailliff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: phillips bailliff

You need to ask the bailiffs for a full breakdown of their fees, itemising the date and time of visit, the fee charged, name of bailiff and court in which he was certificated before you pay. Emphasise it is not a SAR, it is a simple request for breakdown of fees and they have to provide this in law if asked in writing.

Once you have them, post them up and we'll see what is and what is not legitimate.

Comment

no its not a mobility car but I will try anything to get rid of them. This afternoon their call centre rang up and would not discuss it with me coz its all in hubbys name.

thanx for all the help. Will draft the letter and put it on here so we know if what we have said is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kazb64 View Post
        no its not a mobility car
        Then remove it from your driveway/outside your house, as soon as you can. Get someone to drop you off and park it in a nearby road. That might save the Bailiffs clamping it.
        If you do what you always do, you will always get what you always get!

Comment

will do thanx

Comment

We found thru the link given that philips licence is still pending. does that still allow them to act with a pending licence. are they legal or not

Comment

They probably do have a valid and current licence, but the somnolent sods at the Office of Faffing and Twaddling did not update the database before resuming their decade-long hibernation cycle.

Comment

update on philips bailiff

went up to court to get form n245 as told by cab. There is no money owing to them after june 13 2011. so i will scan in original letter from philips coz court says if on the letter that they are claiming it as the court payment is over and this would be fraud.

hubby just brought up new letter saying that because he paid it to the court and not them they are still entitled to their fees. He should paid them.

Their bill has not been sent to a bailiff yet. So why did he claim to call in early july I am now confused.

Comment

Can I just clarify please. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The court fine was settled in full by June 13 2011.

This then, leaves the bailiff's fees owing.

The bailiff called in early July, presumably trying to collect their fees.

If that is the case, my understanding is they are not allowed to collect fees from you without getting their own Liability Order. I'd do two things:

1. Write to the bailiffs asking for a full, detailed breakdown of fees as per my post at 19:09 yesterday.

2. If the bailiffs come again, talk to them outside and ask for his ID - make a note of it, then ask to see the warrant authorising him to collect these fees. He should be able to produce this. If he produces the original one, tell him that bill is settled so his company need a new LO, if he can't produce anything ask him to wait while you phone the police as you believe he's committing fraud. I suspect he'll disappear pretty quickly!

Comment

Hi,

I've had dealings with Philips, they tried to charge me for phantom visits. I complained to the court, OFT & Trading standards and most of the fee's were dropped. If you stand up to them they back off.

There is an address for them in this link, I don't know if it's still current though.

Trinity court in Faverdale, Darlington DL3 0PH

Phillips Debt Collection Bailiffs - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

thank you both.

yes thats exactly it casper. He supposedly called to our house and spoke to an unknown person. We were all in the house and no one called.

Now peter was on the phone to the call centre and according to the gent - well man - said that coz we paid the full court judgement by pay card and it went to the courts and not them thats our fault. they still want their fees. But the fee one hasnt been given to a bailiff yet.

I know confusion reigns fully.

While hubby was out I found on c a b site a link for making a complaint about a bailiff and we are waiting for some one from her majestys courts coz we dont who is certified by.

I am now a bit scared because it is getting to a point where we are receiving 20 phone calls a day from them surely this is harassment.

I now know a bit too much about bailiffs coz Ive read every bit of literature that has been recommended. I like being on here coz you dont use legal jargon and you are just like us. Nice to know that other people have had dealings with them and we are not alone. Even advised everyone on face book to go thru you lot with any problems.

Comment

I am now a bit scared because it is getting to a point where we are receiving 20 phone calls a day from them surely this is harassment.
                        It is, but do not expect the inherently indolent plods to do a damn thing about it.

Trading Standards may be able to help, but why not have some fun with the numpties when next they call? Follow this link for ideas...

Comment

I still think you need to write and ask for the detailed breakdown of fees. Once you have these we can help you identify which are and aren't lawful.

Until then, the bailiffs are likely to bombard you with calls as they want to make as much money out of you as possible with what I suspect may be unlawful charges.

Comment

they have rung again asking peter to ring them back for the 10th time today. should he tell to stop calling and only deal with them by email to make sure we have some thing to show what has been said.

Comment

they have rung again asking peter to ring them back for the 10th time today. should he tell to stop calling and only deal with them by email to make sure we have some thing to show what has been said.

Never speak to them on the phone, have everything in writing only. If they keep phoning, log all calls and report them for harassment.

Comment

we are drafting a few letters coz they have 2 offices in darlington and the only address we can get from them is a po box can u get a registered delivery for a po box. so will post on here the letters and their new letter received today. So we can see if they are ok before we post them.

I have noticed on a couple of your links people videoing all contact in case of problems. Will we be allowed to do this or will we be breaking some law.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X