• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Registered disabled & being harassed by JBW :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Registered disabled & being harassed by JBW

This is called "taking charge" and you have already started to do this. You need to write this letter yourself and, if you would like us to look over it for you, post up your draft.

It'll all work out in the end, a PCN is not a hanging offence, but you do need to do this for yourself. It will make you feel a whole lot better to take the bull by the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post
      This is called "taking charge" and you have already started to do this. You need to write this letter yourself and, if you would like us to look over it for you, post up your draft.

It'll all work out in the end, a PCN is not a hanging offence, but you do need to do this for yourself. It will make you feel a whole lot better to take the bull by the horns.
      Ok thank you Amy i will sit down and do this then post my draught. I was told they can clamp but not tow a disabled class car, even the bailiff said this to me, but if they are not allowed to clamp my car which displayed a disabled car tax and logbook is also disabled are they acting illegally by charging me fees to clamp the car.

Comment

If they were allowed to clamp your car, he would not have removed it would he?

Therefore, if the clamp is not allowed to be put on the car, then the fees do not stand and should be removed.

Comment

He just said he took it off as I was crying but refused to take off the charge and it's even included in the letter I got yesterday. Can u tell me where it states it I'd illegal to clamp a car with disabled car tsx and log book as I was even told by Northampton court they can clamp but not tow.

Comment

When you have written the letter which has been outlined in this afternoon's posts, I would copy it to your ward Councillor (you can find them on the council's website) and any councillor responsible for disability or equalities, explaing the health problems you have had and how this has made you suffer more.

If you live in Jeremy Corbyn's constituency, Islington North, I would expect him to be irate about this.

I would reiterate the advice to put matters in writing, not to rely on telephone negotiation alone, as there is then evidence of your case. I would also reiterate the advice to send it by registered or at least recorded delivery so there is evidence of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
              When you have written the letter which has been outlined in this afternoon's posts, I would copy it to your ward Councillor (you can find them on the council's website) and any councillor responsible for disability or equalities, explaing the health problems you have had and how this has made you suffer more.

If you live in Jeremy Corbyn's constituency, Islington North, I would expect him to be irate about this.

I would reiterate the advice to put matters in writing, not to rely on telephone negotiation alone, as there is then evidence of your case. I would also reiterate the advice to send it by registered or at least recorded delivery so there is evidence of posting.
              Hi springer and ty for your post, i dont live in Isligton i live in Enfield, i will def be registering any letters i will be sending and def not relying on phone calls.
              One big worry tonight for me is if i wake up to find my car clamped again as they did send me the removal notice even after they found out i was registered disabled and practically housebound.

Could you pls tell me where i can find out where it states that they are not allowed to clamp a vehicle which is class disabled and also shows a clear disabled car tax as i want to be able to mention to the council when i speak hopefully to the head of revenue that the bailiffs they are employing are acting illegally or against any code of practise that they have to adhere to.
              I have tried all day to look on the internet but i have not found it anywhere in black and white.
              Thanks

Comment

Also remind the Council that, as the bailiffs are employed by them and acting on their behalf, then they (the council) have vicarious liability for the bailiffs actions.

Do you have the means to pay the original £185 fine?
                Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                  Also remind the Council that, as the bailiffs are employed by them and acting on their behalf, then they (the council) have vicarious liability for the bailiffs actions.

Do you have the means to pay the original £185 fine?
                  Hi wendy and good morning, ty for your post, i can make payments starting today, but only small ones. I have hardly slept dropped off for a few mins here and there but stayed in the lounge all night as wanted to be able to confront the bailiffs if they came and clamped my car as my dogs would of alerted me someone was outside.
                  I am going to call the head of revenues this morning,been trying to think most of the night what to say and rehearsed it but now my mind has gone blank, so i am going to read through the posts on my thread and make some notes to what to say.
                  Will post as soon as i have made the call, thanks and take care and thank god for this site where there are so many genuine people who take so much of their pare time to help others, this site is fab.

Comment

Good luck talking to them this morning. Let us know how you get on x
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                      Good luck talking to them this morning. Let us know how you get on x
                      Thanks Celestine, just tried to call them, the head of revenues is John allan, gone to voice mail on his voice mail it says if u have an urgent complaint it then gives other name and number Mr Anthony and his i going to voice mail so i will re try about 9.30.

I have hardly slept feel sick with worry and although have written some points think i will end up babbling and possibly put my case across wrong, can u if poss give me a few points to mention that will make him sit up and pay attention, thank

Comment

Hiya

Try not to be so worried. In the grand scheme of things, this is absolutely resolvable.

Firstly, be calm and pleasant. It's far better to get the person on your side emotionally.

Do you have the ability to offer to pay the £185 today but on the condition that all other charges are cleared?

If not, work out a payment plan that will get this cleared as soon as possible.

The most important thing to stress is of course, your hospital stays, your medication and your consequent inability to deal with your post.

Just tell your story as you have told us, you have a very clear case so hopefully you will get support from the Council.

Best of luck xx
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine little update both John Allan and his assistant both no answer calls still going to voicemail, i am not sure what to do now or who to contact, as am worried in case they send the removals van round to me as threatened in the letter.I am not able to pay the £185 but i can def set up a payment arrangement. I am not sure who to call now, any advice would be appreciated thanks
                          Last edited by Roch; 20th June 2011, 08:48:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roch View Post
                            He then said i should send all my papers into them proving i was registered disabled and have a carer and they would refer it back to Islington borough.
                            Did you do that?

I then called the bailiffs and explained i would soon end off the proof to them that i was registered disabled, i asked them what is their policy towards vulnerable people and they said as far as they are concerend my disability mean nothing and even though i am on benefits and house bounds it makes no difference to them.
                            Their attitude sucks and may even be unlawful.

Personally, if it were not somewhat illegal, I'd rather like to take a sledgehammer to that bailiff's legs; let's see how he likes having a disability.

Today i get a letter from them dated 14/6 a day after i called them, and it states as i have failed to contact them i must be avoiding payment so they have now sent me a notice of removal, and say "we dont require you to be at home but we prefer you to be there as we are now going to attend your property with a van, enter your premises and remove your good.
                            As they do not have powers of entry, the technical term for such removal of goods during the hours of daylight is house breaking whilst uttering threats of that nature may be considered to be blackmail.

Unfortunately, the courts are far too lenient when dealing with complaints against bailiffs; if a few firms had their certificates revoked, the standard of enforcement would soon improve.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              if it were not somewhat illegal, I'd rather like to take a sledgehammer to that bailiff's legs; let's see how he likes having a disability.
                              Summary justice CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
                                In this case I honestly think Roch is best following my advice first, and leaving yours in case we have to escalate the matter further. I do however think there may be good cause for attempting to claim a goodwill gesture from them towards the distress that Roch has genuinely suffered.
                                Goodwill gesture? I'd say that Roch should be due punitive and exemplary damages!

The complaint is a point well made. The more we can complain about the misconduct of bailiffs the better.
                                That bunch of momzers deserves a damn good kicking.

Or a horse-whipping.

Or both.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X