• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

newlyn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: newlyn

cripes the 14th of March has gone allready so what now?

and it is a lovely day

opps Amy you allready said a couple of posts back.

Comment

Send them one reminder giving them a further 7 days to comply or you will sue them, but if you say it, you must mean it.

Comment

so I suppose tis best to fill in the court form ready then do the seven day notice letter

Comment

Re: newlyn PLC

Hi I have just registerd with this site and I am having problems with Newlyns PLC.
          The original debt was a PCN which my husband forgot to pay. The account escalated to Newlyn and I have been paying them since then. I was charged £345.55 and have paid a total of £289.24 to date.
          I missed one payment last week, because I tried to pay on their website, but must have had insufficcient funds, the payment looked to me like it went through, nothing informed me that it did not. I was then supposed to pay them on wednesday, but had no money to. I got the money today (friday) and called them to make a payment only then did I learn that the previous payment had not gone through, and they had reffered me to the bailliffs and added a further £117 to my account.
          They claimed that they had made a call to my house, and left a hand written note. They did not as I had not received any hand written note through my door, and it was just pure coincidence that I had called them today. I was then told that if I did not make any payments by £1.30pm ( I was being told this at 1PM in effect giving me just half an hour to pay)today, they would call again and levy more charges on me. The borough was very unhelpful when I called them to complain.
          What I need to know, is.. are they behaving in the right manner? It is my word against theirs about the attendance. I also want to know what to do about removing those charges and paying the final £56 outstanding by next week.
          I will be very grateful for any advice I receive asap.

Thank you.

Comment

hi hope you get the same level of help as myself.

all right to update I have now managed to get my debt sent back to the council woo hoo!!!!

now that still leaves missing payments a very incompleat SAR, them crediting the £10 Sar fee to my account, missing payments and illegal/fraudulant charges so I well will need to get that sorted.

Comment

Hi just to give some more detail here
              it lists the debt,then the fees

they have the fees off 221.50

elsewhere these are itemised as visit fee £24.50

theyb visited on sep 18 at 24.50 i presume they mean 00.50where they took a note ofthe reg of a curtesy car we were useing ( although this implys them visiting at ten to one in the morning which seems more than just a bit odd if they actually want to speak to someone)

visit fee £18.00
              they visited on the 20 sep and did not gain access

no problem with this so far

then there is a levy fee £64.50. however cannot see when this was applied to the account

my understanding would be that in order to do a levy they would have to come in the house, they didn't. Alternative to this maybe they could levy on my car, at the time we had a motabilty car not our property and my work van (not worth the amount of the debt). so they would have had to come in and presumably made some sort of list, well this didn't happen.

this bogus levy was supposedly done on

what I do find is a fee of £105 for attending with a van which if I recall rightly from the guide is only permissable if they do the levy and remove goods something they have not done.

now going back to Amy's post re court action should I be looking to filling out the form for the court to claim back this £64.50 and the £105(and deal with other issues latter) or should I be asking for a complete Sar for all years as I initally requested?
              Last edited by dontknow; 27th April 2010, 08:53:AM.

Comment

If the supplied information is incomplete, then remind them of their obligations to you.

You are correct about the fees of £64.50 and £105 - they cannot charge you for these, so you will need to address this in a letter to them reminding them of the facts, since they clearly need educating.

Comment

right then letter writing and educating it is then:spider:
                  after I finished looking at the smiles that is

edit :-

think they have a lot to hide and maybe the council are pooping themselves aswell, coz as mentioned above am now dealing direct with the council and they have agreed to £20 m,onth which means about five years to repay, so well lets go for it.
                  Last edited by dontknow; 27th April 2010, 16:48:PM.

Comment

something like this maybe:-

Dear newlyn dork
                    Thank you for your letter of the ......
                    We would like to confirm that your office has made us aware that this account is now being dealt with by the council and this has been confirmed by the council.

In this letter you write to the affect that you have satisfied our SAR request you have not! We trust that you will put this right by return in order to make this easier we enclose a copy of the original request and for clarity’s sake a copy of your reply.
                    We also note that six week period is long past and expect that you now fully comply with the request as expediently as possible for all dealings we have had with you.
                    Also we note that there are errors in the balance for the year in which you have sent information for: that is a payment for £150 is missing and in the light of our agreement with the council shall pursue this matter with the Post office..
                    We also believe that there are inaccuracy’s in the information you have sent.
                    Further within the information sent there are numerous abbreviations which as lay people and non employees of yourselves we just don’t understand and we require an explanation of all abbreviations used, further we understand that you may hold recordings of conversations and we require these.
                    We note that your letter states that “the file has been reviewed and it is found that the fees have been raised and applied correctly in accordance with the current legislation” we hold that this is not the case. In respect of the information you have supplied you state fees for a “Levy fee” and “attendance Fee” these two fees of £64.00 and £105 are in our opinion fraudulent and we would like our money back and believe we are entitled to damages in respect of this.

Comment

put it a bit different, so they can dig a bigger whole for themselves
                      Thank you for your letter of the 14th of April.
                      We would like to confirm that your office has made us aware that this account is now being dealt with by the council and this has been confirmed by the council.`
                      In this letter you write to the affect that you have satisfied our SAR request you have not! We trust that you will put this right. We would expect that given our request which no doubt you haver on file the SAR would amount to more than seven pages of screen notes an inaccurate statement of account for one year and a copy of one letter.
                      We also note that six week period is long past and expect that you now fully comply with the request as expediently as possible for all dealings we have had with you.
                      Also we note that there are errors in the balance for the year in which you have sent information for: that is a payment for £150 is missing and in the light of our agreement with the council shall pursue this matter with the Post office..
                      We also believe that there are inaccuracy’s in the information you have sent.
                      Further within the information sent there are numerous abbreviations which as lay people and non employees of yourselves we just don’t understand and we require an explanation of all abbreviations used, further we understand that you may hold recordings of conversations and we require these.
                      We note that your letter states that “the file has been reviewed and it is found that the fees have been raised and applied correctly in accordance with the current legislation” we hold that this is not the case. In respect of the information you have supplied you state fees for a “Levy fee” and “attendance Fee” these two fees of £64.00 and £105 are in our opinion these fees were not applied correctly and we would like them back.

Comment

Maybe try something like this:-

Thank you for your letter of (date), which I received on (date) and for the information contained therein.

Notwithstanding the above, I have formally requested, under the Data Protection Act 1998 full and complete copies of any and all data you hold which relates to me and my entire history with your company. This was communicated to you in my letter of (date you wrote the SAR), a copy of which I have enclosed for your convenience and which you confirm was received by your company on (date).

Consequently I must inform you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the above Act.

Your statutory 40 days for compliance expires on (date). I would respectfully request that you comply with the above Act and send the information that I have requested before the expiry of the deadline.

Yours sincerely

Comment

had sent them the second one
                          allready have them on breaching the SAR
                          allready have the council taking direct payments
                          so lets see if I can get some cash back and get thewm on the rest

Comment

now am getting mysterious payments made from the baliff to my councel tax account very strange

Comment

I recieved a demand fron Newlyn today attached to an unpaid penalty charge-Warrant of execution- from Northampton County Court. The amount due to the court £110.00. Newlyn want £465.10? This was the first letter i recieved from Newlyn so i contacted them asked what the charge was for? The reply was i had to speak to my Bailiff, she gave me his mobile number which i rang 3 times and got no reply. When i told Newlyn office they told me they would remove that bailiff from the case but still no answer to my charge query other than pay up or someone else would be round! I will pay but i would like to know what cost £465.10, any ideas?

Thanks

K

Comment

Ask them for a breakdown of the charges they have applied.

Also have a read of this Bailiff Guide - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum and contained within that page you will find a link to a Subject Access Request letter - send this to Newlyn.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X