• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

newlyn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newlyn

Hi have just registered with the site and am sorry for just jumping in like this.

I have aproblem with Newlyn re council Tax and thought I would cheeck up where I stood, looking on the register I cant find any entries for them or for the balliffthey are useing, is this coz I am doing something wrong or due to them not being registered and whare does that leave me, many thanks in advance.

Re: newlyn

Hi dontknow, please have a read of THIS it explains all about bailiffs and what they can and can not do.
    Last edited by enaid; 15th January 2010, 12:50:PM.

Comment

You have to be very careful how you filter your search. For Newlyn, you should search for Newlyn Collection Services

Alternatively you could check with the Ministry of Justice on 020 3334 6355.

Have a read of the guide in the link Enaid gave you and post back with any questions.

Comment

looked at the guide and have a querry I let ballifs from Newlyn in a couple of years ago to collect cash does that mean they can come in now?

also

Comment

If they are collecting for the same debt, then yes.

If they are collecting for another tax year and another Liability Order, then no.

Comment

thanks that's a help
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
            thanks that's a help, Ok i looked through register a bit found that they are listed under Newlyn plc searched newlyn and his name popped up is licensed untill 2011 sao basicly have to speak through the upstairs window telling him where to shove his warrant, will print of the right words and have them handy, now then I have paid most the money so will have to look up about the fees they have been adding.
            Last edited by dontknow; 15th January 2010, 13:26:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

oops silly me

have had the account with them a while and will get the full details together, reading the guide section would it be a SAR I would be sending as they have upto 40 days to reply or something else?

Comment

Yep, that's the one.

Comment

Dontknow, it is not enough not to let them into your house. I expect you know that they can enter your house by an open window for example. Also ensure that your garage [if you have one ]is always locked so they cannot levy on your lawn mower etc for example.
                  If you have a car, do not leave it outside your house or in a nearby street. A locked garage is best-preferably not your own.

Pay whatever you can direct to your Council-most have a website facility to do it. Ignore all Newlyn's lies that they are coming round to remove goods from your house-they cannot if they have not entered your house.

Comment

Hi am self employed and my car is under my name, it is also insured as business use is it an essential tool of the trade they cannot take?

Comment

Hi have sent of a very brief letter to Newlyn in the first instance:-
                      Looking through our account ref xxxx I am concerned about the amount you are claiming we owe so could you please supply by return a full statement of the account and any charges you have applied to it.

sent RD not signed

now am trying to sort out with council so that I can pay money to them and not Newlyn, initial contact on the phone was not that fruit-fall, have however explained the situation, that am being harassed, have made payments, that this is affecting my mental health as I have long standing history of anxiety/depression. As a result of this have got an Email contact at the council for head of recoveries and will be writing E mail to him. Any help on this would be apprieciated.

will do a SAr to Newlyn , timing should that be now or should I give them a couple of days to supply the statement?

Comment

I doubt very much that Newlyn will take any notice of your email. You will have to send a Subject Access Request before they take you seriously.

The council will drag their feet, you will incur more charges from the bailiffs and then more than likely the council will tell you they cannot deal with you and that you must deal with the bailiffs. So you will go round again.

Instead, pay the council regardless. They cannot refuse to take your payments and I seriously would not wait until they give you the go ahead to pay them.

"Arse" and "elbow" spring to mind here.

With regard to your earlier post - no, they cannot (or certainly should not) levy on your vehicle if it is insured for business use.

Comment

Amy many thanks
                          I have not sent Newlyn an E mail, have sent it to the council to ask them to take the Warrant of Newlyn, they won't but no harm in asking, had sent Newlyn a letter requesting a breakdown of all fees charged on account as per the guide they have to respond to such a request, if they do fine, if they don't well that's another issue.

Will be sending the SAR during the week. just not to certain about one or two things on it, should it be a straight request for info or include elements that are appropriate to a complaint such as "I am concerned as to the level of charges"
                          "both myself and my wife have felt intimidated and bullied by the Bailiffs"
                          "they have sent text messages stating they will attend with a Van to remove goods"

or do I wait for the SAR to be returned before I go into the complaint.

Comment

For now, just send the SAR together with the £10 fee. Use this letter Bailiff - SAR - Legal Beagles

When they furnish you with the requested information you can do an all encompassing complaint.

Comment

Be careful about Newlyns. Just because your car is an essential business tool, do not assume that they will not try to levy/clamp/remove your car. This will enable them to start charging extra items as initially they are only allowed to charge for the first two visits. Lile most large bailiff companies they can be very economical with the truth so do not believe them when they say they have visited. Ask them for strict proof of visit; get them to confirm the name of the bailiff that attended and his/her certificated number. This is to stop them sending the office boy round to hand deliver a threatogram and charge you for the privelege.

Quite a lot of councils issue details of how they expect the bailiffs to behave when collecting their outstanding Council tax on the internet. You could try googling it by enetering the name of your council and bailiffs and see what returns you get. Failing that you could ring your council and ask if they have one available.
                              In addition, it might be an idea when you contact the head of Recoveries to ask about your car and what you need to do to prevent the bailiffs interfering with it.

Oh yes, Newlyn will constantly bombard you with stupid letters that there is a van coming round to remove your possessions even when they have not levied on you. It is all drivel but it keeps them happy. So let them waste their money and time on it, but do not worry yourself , since they have to have done a levy,
                              before they can even attempt to remove your property from your house.
                              Last edited by any help; 20th January 2010, 19:20:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X