• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacob's bailiffs council Tax - vulnerable adult

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob's bailiffs council Tax - vulnerable adult

Hi all, I need help!!

The bailiffs are coming to my mums house in the next 24 hours to collect a council tax debt. At the instruction of citizens advice i phoned the council to request they take back the debt on the grounds my mums a vulnerable adult (severe traumatic brain injury caused my a car accident). The council said its up to the bailiffs to decide. I called the bailiffs who said it's up to the council to take it back. I went back and fourth, neither helping and both saying it was up to the other side. I called Jacob's head office who refused to deal with me I had to deal with the bailiff directly. I have an email address for allerdale and Jacob's to try and get together evidence that my mum is vulnerable as the fact she gets max PIP is not evidence. I have countless reports from neuropsychs, orthopedic surgeon, care expert and neurologist done over the last 3 years however they are part of my mums claim and will be used in court (the accident was wholly the other drivers fault) so I cant send those. They detail the injuries sustained, symptoms and effects if the brain injury, her time spent on a Coma etc etc. I'm at a loss of what else to do. Any help is appreciated. Iv been trying to resolve this since 10am and I'm stuck at what to do next.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

One of the Beagles will correct me if this is wrong, but a Court Injunction comes to mind ?, that would stop the problem that you are facing. But let's see what thoughts others have.

Comment

Local councillor / MP - I think the council need to sort this. Go and see them in person perhaps?

Comment

Try to calm down.

Fill and amend the following template.

a) Email a copy to the Council, try to get the correct email address so they can deal with immediately.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...vulnerable-ew/

b) Email a copy to Jacobs (see if the contact form will allow you to send the letter electronically).

https://www.jacobsenforcement.com/contact

c) Print out the template, put it in an envelope, address it to Jacobs. Keep it by the door, hand it to them via letter box.

Comment

Originally posted by DE DOGS View Post
          One of the Beagles will correct me if this is wrong, but a Court Injunction comes to mind ?, that would stop the problem that you are facing. But let's see what thoughts others have.
          Would take too long, cost a lot (thousands) even with vulnerable persons allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

Would take too long, cost a lot (thousands) even with vulnerable persons allowance.
            It was just a thought on my part, I guessed that somebody would correct me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X