• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Help Please

I had 2 fines from Dartford Crossing which I just forgot to pay. I went away for a couple of months while I was awaiting to start a new job. I got back from being away and had 2 fines from Marston. They was with a debt enforcement agent. The office wouldn’t speak to me about it. So I contacted the agent. Explained what had happened. He said. He had already been to my property. He said he if paid the 1st fine which was now about £425.50, he would then let me pay the other one at £190 next month and he won’t add attendance fee for that one. I agreed and paid the £425.50.*
    The next week the debt agent message me asking me what day we agreed I’d pay on. So messaged him back the agreement date. I called the debt agent and he didn’t answer, so left him a voicemail. He contacted me and left me a voicemail 8 days later apologising, he had been away on holiday. But if I could call back within the next few days that would be good. I called a number of times but he didn’t answer. So I called Marston. Explained he is not answering. But they don’t wanna speak with you once *debt agent has the debt so told me to contact him. I kept trying to contact him with no luck. But Marston office still didn’t want to speak to me. So thought I’d wait for him to return my call or for them to send me another letter.
    A month later, I receive a hand delivered letter from a new debt agent for the debt. Still at £190. Again call him, no answer. Try again. No answer. So I email Marston now, asking them if we can deal with this in house, I’m a unwell and don’t need this added stress Martons is putting on me so now want to only speak via email. I get a auto reply via email but nothing back. So I chase them about 6 days later for a reply. They say. They are not willing to discuss anything via email. I have to ring the debt agent ASAP. Which I do, again no answer. Today I walk to my car which Is parked near my work, and it’s clamped. I call the number on the car sticker left. The guy said he found my car on a random drive around the area. He was not the same debt agent Marston wanted me to contact. He said he cannot remove it unless I pay £425.50 at 7pm at night, I call Marston and am on hold for almost 40 minutes with no answer as the debt agent said unless I pay by 8pm. I won’t *get the car unclamped tonight. Baring in mind I live in Kent and the car was in London. So I paid and he come remove it within 20 minutes.
    my issue is. How can I pay the £190 of the first agent didn’t answer and then I’m having the same issue with the 2nd one. I kept to my end of the deal. * *
    Tags: None

I sound like I don’t know how to write in my message above. My problem is. I’ve been calling the debt agents. But if they don’t answer. Or call back, what am I suppose to do. Marston not interested at head office. It’s clear the first agent left or moved on as I have a new agent they wanted me to contact and sent around. If they had answered, returned my calls. Or the office dealt with me following my email. This could have been dealt with at £190 and not £425.50. what can I do?

Comment

The problem you have is that all this appears to have been done by phone, there is no proof of what has been said. Initially it looks as if thisngs were done correctly as all outstanding matters were dealt with together and when this is done they may charge for a Compliance Fee on each but only one Enforcement Fee. You may have to send a SAR to Marstons to see what they have but doubt it will reveal very much. Did you get a receipt for the payments made?

Comment

Yes I’ve got a receipt for the first payment of 425.50 for the 1st dart charge fine. But my issue is, they want me to call these enforcement agents and when I do, they don’t answer. Or reply to text messages. The office won’t let me pay or discuss anything with them as they refer you back the the agent who doesn’t answer. This is the 2nd one who doesn’t bother coming back to you, and in this time they have clamped my car. My argument here is. I’m trying to pay. But it seems like they are using loop holes and held off until they found my car so they could add more fees.

Comment

So I had no choice but to pay £425.50 for the second fine as I couldn’t pay the agreed £190 as the 1st agent has clearly left as he never come back to me and they have sent another agent to my home, and then he don’t answer either or call back. Marston don’t want to discuss anything via email and want me to call the agent, so I can’t keep track of what’s agreed etc.
          My main issue is. If the debt agents don’t answer or call back, and the head office won’t talk to me, then what can I do lol.... my only option is to wait for them to contact me and they did by clamping my car and then demanding £425.50 rather the the £190 which was agreed.

Comment

I fully agree with what you say but to get started then submit the Subject Access Request to them remembering to include copies of all phone calls and any Body Worn Video including audio.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X