• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

neighbour harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbour harassment

have a long balcony which stretches from my neighbor to mine. but since I packed in last year my neighbor claimed the balcony is a shared or communal balcony which means he can leave the balcony right in front of his to start using mine. In other words using the whole balcony for his benefit.

Initially, I allowed him to use the place if he could clean and clear it. but because he drinks, smokes and leaves all the rubbish (leftover wine, cigarette residue) there even with tables and chairs uncleared. I approached him to speak to him, he said aggressively I have to bear it even if he leaves it there for a week and also said if i dont pack away my exercise kit he would throw them out/away.

with the attitude above, I objected to all his suggestions below.

*initially he suggested I should clear my side (take all my belongings i.e. exercise equipment) so that he can plant flowers after some weeks, he came back to suggest he wants to put a table and chair so that his children can be reading there. lastly, he suggested he wants to cover up my belongings and have a party there because his partner wants the place cleaned up.

Having objected as indicated above, he started leaving rubbish on my side of the balcony which I had cleared once cos it started disintegrating. The last straw that broke the camels back was him throwing my stuff out to the bin twice when i took it back he thrown it out again and now confronting me to say he would throw it out if I put my stuff on my front balcony. Claiming I don't have the right to object to him on the usage of my front.

I once reported him to my landlord who called his agents and i believe his agent spoke to him but few months down the line he took a giant step to throw my stuff out

What can I do please.
    Tags: None

Re: neighbour harassment

Could you just confirm what this phrase means? - `but since I packed in last year`
    I`m wondering why there is no physical divide in the middle of the balcony? Can he see into your home when he comes over to your side?
    Clearly he is being unreasonable. You have given him an inch and he`s taken a mile.
    I would be complaining quite strongly to my landlord and insisting they put a railing of some sort at the dividing line.
    Last edited by VanillaCustard; 16th May 2017, 23:14:PM. Reason: extra question

Comment

Originally posted by VanillaCustard View Post
      Could you just confirm what this phrase means? - `but since I packed in last year`
      I`m wondering why there is no physical divide in the middle of the balcony? Can he see into your home when he comes over to your side?
      Clearly he is being unreasonable. You have given him an inch and he`s taken a mile.
      I would be complaining quite strongly to my landlord and insisting they put a railing of some sort at the dividing line.
      Thanks for your reply, VanillaCustard.

(`but since I packed in last year`) - I meant after I moved into my apartment or flat. Yes, he can see through to my kitchen if he is on my balcony section.

Comment

Totally agree with Vanilla Custard. Ask your landlord where the dividing line is and when clear where the line is either ask your LL to erect a barrier and/or have a word with the neighbour about boundaries or, if that does not work, look for another place as this situation sounds intolerable.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
        ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X