• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Used car faulty and illegal to be on the road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Used car faulty and illegal to be on the road

Thanks for that [MENTION=21527]whodareswins[/MENTION].
    I have your PM [MENTION=41812]Karina[/MENTION] .For the sake of others here it contains copies of text messages, which confirm vehicle was rejected, and notice of legal proceedings imminent was given.

I'll draft up particulars of claim for you in the next day or so, as Ihave a lot on at the moment!

Comment

another link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...COURT-**/page2

Comment

Yes that's the company. Is two partners Michael Briton and Wayne Corner sue is the wife and I'm not sure what roll she has there. Also a friend gorpt me some court papers and I will be happy to start a court order is needed. Thanks for the help

Comment

For what trading standards said it's legal for a private seller to sell a car without mot but a garage it has to have at least more then 6 months and is actually in their website. I will give them a call again. Even way they adversied the car as fully serviced balleted a d full mot witch didn't provided any of them. I will try to find the link to the government part were it shows that. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Des for helping my friend, you also helped me a while ago with a ford transit with an issue with a garage in Feock, Cornwall and I got £2k back

Diamond!!!

Comment

Wow I'm in tiers I can't thank you enough for your help. I'm going through so much at the moment and been so though. Last thing I needed was this and my friend referred me to you guys and I truly can't believe how fast and kind you have been. I'm actually been even sick all over the place today as I have IBS and other healths issues and stress it truly upsets my stomach so much. I haven't been able to eat anything today and my head feels like is going to explode. God bless your heart Des and thanks a million

Comment

First up: make the claim on line through MCOL https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
                It is cheaper, easier and quicker!

Particulars of claim do not need to be very detailed. Something like this is enough:

Particulars of claim:

At the material time the defendant Mr Michael Briton t/a Happy Car Co. was a trader.
                On dd/mm/yy the claimant purchased a Nissan model xyz Reg No xx 00 abc from
                the defendant for £1000., of which £700 has been paid
                The goods were not fit for purpose,nor of satisfctory quality, and were misdescribed.
                contrary to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
                The defendant has denied the claimant's right to reject
                Accordingly the claimant claims
                (a)the sum of £700.00
                (b) additional costs of £xxx
                (c)court costs
                (d) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

The additional costs include your insurance premium, the delivery charge

In the meantime do start to write out in a time line all that has happened as [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] suggested in post 10.
                These other details will be needed for your witness statement later, if the claim is disputed

Trust you're feeling better and the IBS has settled down

Comment

Des I can't thank you enough. I'm not well and even having panick attacks as I have another case to deal with about my ex landlady and to be honest everything been too much.
                  I cant thank you enough for your help. I will let you know Howe it goes. I'm contacting trending standards and see if they can get my money back and after that I will make sure they get done for it as is very unfair. In the bright side I have learned a lot about how things works in Englan as it's a different world in the Isle of Man. Thanks a million everyone

Comment

Lim I'm writing everything down as I have to make a formal complain to the consumers rights team tomorrow and call again the fair trade standards and also the dvla and something else that they told me to call. Thank you for all the help and support. I truly appreciate it

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the recommendation I owe you one darling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X