• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays additions PPI part settlement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays additions PPI part settlement

Hi all, hope you can help & advise.
    I have had a claim for PPI upheld on my additions account from April 1997 until January 2004 resulting in a payment of £1006.72.
    This was due to my claim that I was told in the branch that fee free accounts were not available to me.
    They have defended their decision on my upgrade to addition plus from February 2004 to present day even though I stated I was still told it was the only account available to me with overdaught/loan facilities & was a natural price increase on my current additions account.
    They state that I registered for a mobile phone cover. ??
    That I used breakdown recovery twice ??
    That I registered for a medical assessment ??
    I dispute all the above.
    They still mis-sold me my account even if I did use the facilities.
    Am I being nieve in thinking this.
    Any feedback much appreciated
    Cheers
    Gary
    Tags: None

Re: Barclays additions PPI part settlement

Hi Gary

Was your upheld claim for "PPI on the overdraft" or for a refund of the Account Charges appropiate to an Additions Account?

Re your last query--see here

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...883#post320883

As you can see from the thread--you are explicitly told every year via an Annual Statement & An Elligibility Statement what your account covers and what you are charged for---so--I (personally) think you don't have much of a case

Also--read your latest correspondence and you will see that in mid January all Additions Plus Accounts (£16 pm) will revert to fee free Basic Bank Accounts BUT if you do nothing--then your existing extras will be transferred over and you will pay (ie £18pm) or more

Turbs

Comment

Hi Turboman & thanks for replying.
      My refund was for account charges.
      I still feel that their admittal in the first instance should carry on with additions plus as they have never written to me pointing out an alternative fee free account.
      I have decided to write again to them initially asking for proof of usage of benefits of additions account although I still feel that should be irrelevant.
      Depending on their response, I will forward to the ombudsman via Resolver.
      Will let the forum know.
      Cheers
      Gary

Comment

Update.
        After writing to Barclays & pointing out my points in the previous post, I am delighted to say that a further £3,200 was deposited in my account today.
        I assume a letter of explanation is in the mail.
        Good luck to anyone fighting PPI at the moment.
        Cheers

Comment

Wow--I didn't expect that--well done.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X