• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hm court letter from lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hm court letter from lowell

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    Thanks for doing that.

Mrs Morton ?
    Costs ''in the region of £80'' ?? @ploddertom

Anyway ring the court with that claim reference number and ask them the status of the claim.

If you can't get hold of your local court you can try the Northampton Business Centre as it should show on their computer system too.

Any CCJ showing on your credit file ?

It sounds like civil rather than magistrates ( county court not magistrates etc)

Have you rang the number and asked the 'bailiff' ?

Looks like there is a certifcated bailiff at Worcester called Megan Morton.
    Thanks for the response.
    I will try to contact the court again as my previous attempts at calling there was no answer. I have emailed them too which I am waiting a response from.

The only CCJ on my file shows that it has been settled which I paid a couple of years ago.

I haven't contacted the bailiff yet as I wanted more information regarding this claim.

I just find it strange that I have received no previous correspondence and also that there are no details of what the amount is for etc.

Thanks

Ben

Comment

hmmm having a mooch about threads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ant-of-Control and http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...versus-AlanGBS ( think they are the same person )
      same amount - but a smaller part of a larger debt. Can they actually warrant for a portion of a debt?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Enquiries:
        01952 238 280
        Bailiffs:
        01952 238 320

neither of those numbers match the one on that letter

see https://courttribunalfinder.service....d-family-court

The bailiff seems to be attached to Worcester Combined Court rather than Telford - I have no idea if they are near each other ( I live up north lol)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Enquiries:
          01952 238 280
          Bailiffs:
          01952 238 320

neither of those numbers match the one on that letter

see https://courttribunalfinder.service....d-family-court

The bailiff seems to be attached to Worcester Combined Court rather than Telford - I have no idea if they are near each other ( I live up north lol)
          A google search of the number on the letter turns up nothing, I would expect google to come back with something if that number was real.

Telford and Worcester are about 40 miles apart.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

01952204566 just rings out ( although it does say 7.30 to 10am )

extension 4566 cannot be reached if you go through some # * extension 1000 etc.

something to do with a service in sheffield ( she talks really quick )
            probably just cost me £100 lol.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've never seen a bailiff's warrant but surely it would have a name on it

I.e SMITH VS MR BLOGGS and not SMITH VS YOURSELF
              PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                I've never seen a bailiff's warrant but surely it would have a name on it

I.e SMITH VS MR BLOGGS and not SMITH VS YOURSELF
                It seems to be a calling card as opposed to an actual warrant. The warrant itself would have to be correctly laid out. The mobile phone number is an actual number and on the Orange network.

Enforcement by bailiff costs £110 which is added to the judgement, the fee assuming a default judgement is obtained for MCOL is £25 and that would mean Lowell have gone to the effort of chasing a £44.25 debt.

What makes me suspicious is that all of them are for the same amount. I'd love to see the other ones to compare them all.

I'm going to take a punt and say if all of these contact the court, that Lowell will have sent the claim forms to old addresses and obtained default judgements, now are trying to enforce by bailiff. If they have done it in bulk, how many will just pay to make sure their stuff isn't taken?

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

It would be really good if @JustMe23 @markkaireagan @stacibee and [MENTION=107140]twi33le[/MENTION] could contact either the court on their letter or the Northampton County Court business centre on 0300 123 1056 or 01604 619 400 to establish:

1. Do you have a judgement against you?
                  2. If so, was it a default judgement & what for?
                  3. If it was, What address was the claim form sent to?

And then report back whether they sent it to your old address and if they did, how long ago you moved?

There's something going on here and I don't like it.

Comment

Another one here where the debt is a different amount to the 'warrant' letter https://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v...?f=139&t=64064 ( again £172 ) and again here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ffs-at-my-door and http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/foru...?f=139&t=97067

seems to be a 'thing'
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I will get in contact with the courts and ask the questions and report back. Mine was sent to my parent's address (an address i left over 7 years ago)

Thank you all for your responses

Comment

When you get hold of someone, can you ask how come they can issue a warrant for a different amount to the judgment ? ( if it is a judgment & warrant)

I think it might be a budget way of tracing and getting a debtor to contact Lowell, although it doesn't make sense as the enforcement fee is the same regardless of the amount?

Warrants
                        – fees order 8.1-8.2 and 8.6
                        • To issue a warrant of control (recovery of a sum of money) via Money Claims Online or County Court Business Centre.£77
                        • To issue a warrant of control (recovery of a sum of money) in any other case.£110
                        • To issue a warrant of delivery (for goods).£121
                        • To issue a warrant of possession (recovery of a property or land).£121
                        • To request a further attempt to execute a warrant at a new address, except where a warrant has been suspended.£33
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

When you get hold of someone, can you ask how come they can issue a warrant for a different amount to the judgment ? ( if it is a judgment & warrant)
                          I'd imagine the judgement would be for £69.25 and the warrant will have the application fee to obtain it of £110 added.

Comment

First time I have noticed this thread. County Court Bailiffs do not appear on the Bailiff Register - they are salaried employees of HMCTS.

Looking at the Court doc then the Phone number listed - 01952 204566 is very likely the Enforcement Section at West Mercia which given the area probably takes in Telford. The Bailiff will have no clue what the original CCJ is all about. They are just given a Warrant to collect on.

As for all these low amounts being chased I would hazard a guess at them doing what friend Mr Carter used to do - partial payments or they have bought a load of small debts for which they have obtained Judgments from old addresses possibly including many that may be SB. Only Lowells can cast a light on this, if the local County Court Bailiff is involved then that suggests the paperwork is with the local Court.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                              First time I have noticed this thread. County Court Bailiffs do not appear on the Bailiff Register - they are salaried employees of HMCTS.

Looking at the Court doc then the Phone number listed - 01952 204566 is very likely the Enforcement Section at West Mercia which given the area probably takes in Telford. The Bailiff will have no clue what the original CCJ is all about. They are just given a Warrant to collect on.

As for all these low amounts being chased I would hazard a guess at them doing what friend Mr Carter used to do - partial payments or they have bought a load of small debts for which they have obtained Judgments from old addresses possibly including many that may be SB. Only Lowells can cast a light on this, if the local County Court Bailiff is involved then that suggests the paperwork is with the local Court.
                              Thanks Plodder xxxx

What about the "in the region of £80" bit ? ( pic http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...8&d=1505906480 )
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Plodder xxxx

What about the "in the region of £80" bit ? ( pic http://legalbeagles.info/forums/atta...8&d=1505906480 )
                                Their fees are slightly different to those we are used to seeing so this could well be correct.

Of course what is not mentioned is the fact that if no one is in they can do diddly squat, the same goes for if you answer the door - you do not have to let them in, there is no automatic right of entry, They can however remove any goods that may be outside if they believe they are owned by the debtor - car, caravan, motorbike, garden furniture or bbq. Until such time one of the folks comes back with what it is all about then in some respects we are stumbling in the dark.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X