• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Credit Card Debt

Nothing mentioning 'reconstituted'

I had to open a new bank account at the time, Santander, didn't really want the credit card but was kind of railroaded into having it. Didn't need it at the time but poor times in self employment led me to use it.
    So it was in person at the bank

Comment

Do you mean that you opened the account in a Santander bank branch since I know that they had a financial deal with MBNA to 'sell' their credit card products during that time?

I think that's what you're saying.

Di

Comment

that is exactly what happened

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

whilst sitting down arranging the bank account they pushed the credit card onto me.
        Can't remember the sales technique but I had other credit cards at the time and do remember saying I don't really need it

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline123 View Post
          I Didn't need it at the time but poor times in self employment led me to use it.
          I note you were self employed at the time. Did you have PPI on the account? You may not have asked for it but sometimes it mysteriously appeared on MBNA accounts.

Does the "CCA" you've been sent show you ticked "Yes" in the PPI box?

Do any of those statements you've been sent show PPI premium charges?

Maybe they've not sent you statements that far back but they have sent you the transaction log or is that AK's transaction log (more likely)?

Di

Comment

Hi,

I don't recall any PPI being mentioned on the account.
            There is no reference to PPI on the CCA and no boxes to tick
            There is no mention of PPI charges evident on the statements sent. I have a transaction log that goes back to the start but only statements from nov 11 to sept 12.

thanks

Comment

Thanks to those who replied last week.
              Going through this is better with people to discuss things.
              Anyone got any further advice ? I'm still hanging on to the fact that I have no notice of assignment of the debt. May be wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by pipeline123 View Post
                Anyone got any further advice ? I'm still hanging on to the fact that I have no notice of assignment of the debt. May be wrong ?
                What's the current status of the claim?

From a quick glance at your thread you had told the Mediation people that you didn't have the relevant paperwork so has the claim now been transferred to your local county court?

Di

Comment

Hi Di
                  Thanks for comming back to me.
                  Claim has been put to mediation but yes I have stated not enough information, although today I have recieved the missing piece - notice of assignment.

As the debt was transferred from mbna to dca1 then to dca2, should the notice of assignment come from dca1, informing me they have sold the debt on to dca2 ?
                  Or can anyone send you a letter to claim that they own the debt ? Confused !
                  Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X