• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Council impersonating the court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Council impersonating the court

Jaym2016 .... You really should think about going into politics if you wish to change the laws of the land. On this occasion you have posted a question that was in fact your starter for your own personal soapbox. Perhaps that is to be admired but for me personally, and as they say on Dragons Den, I'm out.

But it I do have to agree that a council CEO on £450K is far, far too much. Can you enlighten us as the council that you refer?

Comment

Originally posted by jaym2016 View Post
      Can the Council generate Liability Orders using Magistrates and court halls hired by the council for the council.
      Can the council impersonate the court and generate LO and AOE using their IT department on the council headed paper without even a hearing and even if they are receiving payment through AOE?
      Thanks
      Hi

Some answers

How they can get the liability orders legaly

The council has a senior finace officer, and legal officer ( 151 officer and monmitoring oficer ). These sign a form, to give legal rights to the council court officer.

The council court officer, takes a list of accounts and names to the court, when the summons are issued, when he passes these to the court, he swares that qll contained accounts are legaly correct and comply wqith the legislation ( this is were a lot of the mistakes are hidden ).

The above action, takes the responsibility for checking the accuracy of individual accounts, ( but the liability lies with the court officer ) , from the magistrate. So if you don’t turn up, they just get the order.

more interestingly, and perhaps a good question for [MENTION=62334]Snoopy1948[/MENTION] is

even if they are receiving payment through AOE?
      Aren’t all payments within a CT year, supposed to come off that year first ?
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
        Hi

Some answers

How they can get the liability orders legaly

The council has a senior finace officer, and legal officer ( 151 officer and monmitoring oficer ). These sign a form, to give legal rights to the council court officer.

The council court officer, takes a list of accounts and names to the court, when the summons are issued, when he passes these to the court, he swares that qll contained accounts are legaly correct and comply wqith the legislation ( this is were a lot of the mistakes are hidden ).

The above action, takes the responsibility for checking the accuracy of individual accounts, ( but the liability lies with the court officer ) , from the magistrate. So if you don’t turn up, they just get the order.

more interestingly, and perhaps a good question for @Snoopy1948 is

Aren’t all payments within a CT year, supposed to come off that year first ?
        from experience, AOE or even AOBs, always occur under earlier unpaid council tax years and their associated liability orders and in theory should be collected the earliest unpaid years. I have lost count of the number of times I spoke to a debtor who thought that an AOE was their only commitment to the council, council tax wise, and always included the current year and every year thereafter. An AOE is only a means of collection, and often a very poor one, and provides no immunity of further enforcement. As such, it was always my mandate to encourage voluntary payment that would include the current year, assuming we had enough months left. Believe me, it was a daily battle to please every one. The big problem is that with council tax on an average band D only needs a couple of years unpaid to reach in excess of £3000 plus and then, most often than not, effective recovery becomes untenable. And that one fact alone always made me marvel at the fact that the council reported council tax collection rates of 98%.

Comment

Originally posted by jaym2016 View Post
          No one is refusing to pay the council tax, the trouble is that the council is not interested in the council tax anymore, they want more than that hence the over charges, bogus documents and court documents with no court, no hearing. We all like a quiet life but if we all do the same as you and let the council get away with it, we would lose the law and order that you are talking about here because the council with their behaviour are breaking every single one, check out council tax regulations 34, 35, 36, 37. the law and order are in place but have to be respected not just by us but by all but all.
          if we all did like you and were prepared to shut up and look for a peaceful life, we would not be where we are today but this government is breaking all the rules and regulations. One rule for the citizens and one rule for the council.
          I can understand if you just want to sit and watch, we will fight for you if you are not prepared to talk.
          yes mate, it is called being proactive and doing your research

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy1948 View Post
            from experience, AOE or even AOBs, always occur under earlier unpaid council tax years and their associated liability orders and in theory should be collected the earliest unpaid years. I have lost count of the number of times I spoke to a debtor who thought that an AOE was their only commitment to the council, council tax wise, and always included the current year and every year thereafter. An AOE is only a means of collection, and often a very poor one, and provides no immunity of further enforcement. As such, it was always my mandate to encourage voluntary payment that would include the current year, assuming we had enough months left. Believe me, it was a daily battle to please every one. The big problem is that with council tax on an average band D only needs a couple of years unpaid to reach in excess of £3000 plus and then, most often than not, effective recovery becomes untenable. And that one fact alone always made me marvel at the fact that the council reported council tax collection rates of 98%.
            yes I agree that AOE and AOB usually occur under earlier unpaid council tax, this is because these are the charges that people refuse to pay for and not the council tax. the charges are sometimes much higher than the council tax and you think if the right people were hired for the job then they would be no need for these LO or AOE or AOB, they would be just a mutual agreement as long as council tax charges are fair, everyone will pay.
            These officers are hired by the council and work for the council so they have no interest in checking the accuracy of the charges, they rather just threaten people, come knocking in their doors and in some cases make them live in fear in their own homes. The LO is a serious court document and should be threated as such. It can only be issued by a judge on Oath who in most cases will give the defendant plenty of time to come up with the money rather than prosecute in a hurry. For those that cannot pay, they are just given time to pay, this is the sensible way forward. the bullying, threats do not work, they just drive people to madness, make more stubborn, cause death in communities and fights and create poverty and more and more broken families. Even if you turn up to the hearing you won't get one and even if you did get one it will e a corrupt officer of the court who will pass the judgement in favour of the council to secure the commission. Even that validation tribunal is a circus, you cannot win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X