• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

claim from arrow for old orange contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: claim from arrow for old orange contract

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
    Can I ask for a statement under CPR as I think the account may be Statute Barred.
    No sed, CPR 31.14 is for documents mentioned in the particulars of a claim, witness statement etc.

nem

Comment

I have accidentally sent the CPR request to the wrong solicitors. The defence is due at the end of the month. What do I do now. I spoke to the solicitors today and,they have said that they will put the account on hold. I don't trust them. what should I do now?

Comment

I have accidentally sent the CPR request to the wrong solicitors. The defence is due at the end of the month. What do I do now. I spoke to the solicitors today and,they have said that they will put the account on hold. I don't trust them. what should I do now?
        Re send the CPR 31.14 to the right solicitors asap.
        You are right not to trust the " on hold" it is not an " official " extension of time agree between the parties and notified to the court.

The court process continues so you need to keep to all the time limits.

nem

Comment

I accidentally sent the CPR to the wrong solicitors. What do I do now?

Comment

I accidentally sent the CPR to the wrong solicitors. What do I do now?
            . . . . and breathe . . .

As Nemesis says you should send the CPR request for documents to the acting solicitors.

It's not the end of the world that you sent it to the wrong solicitors who will have absolutely no idea what's going on (as far as they're concerned). Don't worry about them since they're not party to these proceedings. Let them scratch their heads while they try to figure out why on earth you've sent them a CPR 31.14 request for a claim which they've not issued.

I'm not familiar with the LB CPR 31.14 Template Letter and the deadline it imposes. If your claim was issued on 1st August then your Defence needs to be filed no later than 33 days after that.

The court is in charge of the timetable of a claim once it's been issued. Nobody else can fiddle with that without the court's overall consent.

Di

Comment

Ok thanks, i will send a new written request tomorrow. I spoke to the issuing solicitors and they say they have put a hold on the proceding while they search for he docs. but i think everything should be in writing . The firm i have writen to have returned the request stateing the did not issue the claim so all good on their part .
              Last edited by seduraed; 23rd August 2016, 22:02:PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

i think everything should be in writing .
                I think that too

Di

Comment

sent a cpr request but no response do i need to check with the court for a sty which what sols. told me would happen . Time is running out as the claim was issued on the 1st of august.

Comment

The timescale laid down is 7 calendar days for compliance, of course we always see the " claim is likely to be allocated to the SCT so CPR31 . 14 does not apply + all the waffle about claims issued via NCCBC and minimal POCs.

nem

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't really answer my question. What do put in the defence which is due tomorrow?
                      I don't think I have given the solicitors time to respond because I sent the original request to the wrong firm.

Comment

Thank you for your answer, but it doesn't really answer my question. What do put in the defence which is due tomorrow?
                        I don't think I have given the solicitors time to respond because I sent the original request to the wrong firm.
                        As long as it' s been sent to the correct sols now it's OK.

Are you looking to base a defence on non recognition of any such debt?
                        You still say the CPR has been sent and to date no reply has been received.
                        If a contract is mentioned in the POC they will need to disclose it at least 14 days prior to the hearing.

nem

Comment

Yes that was, the plan, although the debt may be SB . If I use the no documents defence and then they come up with docs and the debt turns out to be SB can I amend my defence.

Comment

Yes that was, the plan, although the debt may be SB . If I use the no documents defence and then they come up with docs and the debt turns out to be SB can I amend my defence.
                            If the debt is statute barred and was so on the date the claim was issued and can confirm this now put in the defence.

If you are unsure of the debts status and believe that you can prove that it is SB in a short time it could be brought up in your witness statement which must be filed at least 14 days prior to the hearing ( newly discovered evidence)

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X