• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chique Photography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, sorry to the people above who have fallen victim to this. We had a close shave with this company this weekend at the Wakefield branch. My partners daughter was there for a photo shoot after winning one of the above mentioned 'competitions '.Fortunately my partner was there to prevent them using strong arm tactics on her daughter, but once she made it clear that they wouldn't be buying any extortionate sets and wanted to choose the free photo which she had 'won' , the staff became very rude and fobbed her off with an inferior photo of their choice. Upon challenging them my partner was asked to leave the building. After reading the above posts we feel we have got away lightly from what is clearly a well orchestrated scam and feel this company should receive as much bad publicity as possible to help prevent other people getting conned and bullied into spending a fortune.

Comment

I have had this experience yesterday and I'm so annoyed that they pressured me into getting a package deal which I can't afford. I'm so annoyed that they are made out of won but really I havnt They probes rang everyone to say they'd won. I'm ringing them to today to see if I can cancel any advice would be great or if anyone had manages to cancel with them before thanks.
      Do you have a copy of the agreement? Is it a regulated credit agreement ? who is it with ?

Other than that this will be the relevant legislation http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/made
      Information to be provided before making an on-premises contract

9.—(1) Before the consumer is bound by an on-premises contract, the trader must give or make available to the consumer the information described in Schedule 1 in a clear and comprehensible manner, if that information is not already apparent from the context.

(2) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a contract which involves a day-to-day transaction and is performed immediately at the time when the contract is entered into.

(3) Any information that the trader gives the consumer as required by this regulation is to be treated as included as a term of the contract.

(4) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hey, could somebody hit me with some life advice please? I'm due a shoot with chique this thursday which I supposedly won, though got suspicious when I saw the amount of people commenting on their facebook post saying they also won. Anyway, I missed a call from them last week when I was meant to confirm my apt, and have since tried to contact them several times over and left a message also. In their email correspondence it says that should I cancel, I am due a £50 cancellation fee had I not cancelled in five days. I was told this after I "won" and haven't signed anything, only paid the £25 deposit. Bearing in mind I tried several times to cancel, but to no answer, can I just not show up to my appointment and block their numbers/emails? Please help, thank you

Comment

SOPH96 I wish I'd seen your message sooner. I hope you sorted it out? For furure reference, if anyone wants to cancel their appointment with Chique and they don't answer your call for obvious reasons, then just contact your bank and tell them the situation. They'll stop any money coming out. The fact that they have to charge an extra £50 for a no show says it all.

Comment

Hello all,

Recently been through this experience myself but didn't end up going through with the appointment. Once reading the terms and conditions after making the appointment and putting down a £25 deposit it stated I would then lose another £50 for cancelling. After reading this I realised it was a scam and went straight to my bank in order to block any further payments. After the conversation they refunded me the £25 and blocked the payment as it was deemed a fraudulent transaction. Hope this helps! X

Comment

Not sure if anyone still reads this thread bug I'm now stuck in this situation myself..

Similarly to everyone else, I 'won' a competition for a boudoir shoot with chique at the Wakefield studio, and with it coming up to mine and my husbands anniversary I thought it would be perfect.. Turn up for the shoot, have the photos etc, everything was lovely. Until we got into the viewing room and it must have been about 20 images all edited with different effects and ceingwy quotes to make over 80 photos. I never knew the prices for a few photos would be so high (chique charge more than our wedding photographer did!) and only went in intending to come out with a few photos that my partner liked as an anniversary present. I made this so clear to the sales assistant, yet she pushed and pushed saying that the photos are really expensive individually and if I picked out just a few it would come to nearly the same price as the whole thing. So after telling my part er she could delay the deposit and knock 200 pounds off the price, he fell right into their trap.. We are now stuck in an agreement, that we couldn't.view, although I watched the supposed manager scroll through it all and actually tick on my behalf and having me sign what I believed was the copyright agreement, low and behold it was a finance agreement for the photos that I hate. Please someone offer me some advice, is there any way around this or am I stuck paying this joke of a company? I'm on maternity leave with my three month old so money is tight as it is, so I really need a work around this

Comment

How long ago did you enter into the agreement ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
                  the agreement was made on the 22nd of January, however I've recently discovered that they are not even regulated by FCA and I have no "cancellation policy", I was not made aware of this when speaking to the girls in the store.

Comment

Legislation states what should be provided before entering into the agreement
                    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...ulation/9/made

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/1/made

#staysafestayhome

Comment

We have had similar experiences and we are trying to sort it out. Have any of you had any of your problems addressed satisfactorily by their customer services?

Comment

Originally posted by sianella2205 View Post
                        Not sure if anyone still reads this thread bug I'm now stuck in this situation myself..

Similarly to everyone else, I 'won' a competition for a boudoir shoot with chique at the Wakefield studio, and with it coming up to mine and my husbands anniversary I thought it would be perfect.. Turn up for the shoot, have the photos etc, everything was lovely. Until we got into the viewing room and it must have been about 20 images all edited with different effects and ceingwy quotes to make over 80 photos. I never knew the prices for a few photos would be so high (chique charge more than our wedding photographer did!) and only went in intending to come out with a few photos that my partner liked as an anniversary present. I made this so clear to the sales assistant, yet she pushed and pushed saying that the photos are really expensive individually and if I picked out just a few it would come to nearly the same price as the whole thing. So after telling my part er she could delay the deposit and knock 200 pounds off the price, he fell right into their trap.. We are now stuck in an agreement, that we couldn't.view, although I watched the supposed manager scroll through it all and actually tick on my behalf and having me sign what I believed was the copyright agreement, low and behold it was a finance agreement for the photos that I hate. Please someone offer me some advice, is there any way around this or am I stuck paying this joke of a company? I'm on maternity leave with my three month old so money is tight as it is, so I really need a work around this
                        Dear Customer,

We are glad to hear that you had a lovely experience. As you have said you won a competition, which was for a makeover & photoshoot experience. This experience voucher is £129 to purchase. No one is pressured into purchasing images, and it is down to the customer to decide on what they wish to spend. No customer is expected to sign anything before reading what they are signing. As per the terms & conditions which you signed, once you leave the studio with your disc we do not accept any returns as it does take seconds to copy a disc.

We are not a "joke of a company" but we are a growing company who provide jobs to over 150 people across Yorkshire and make memories for thousands of families and friends ever year.

Regards,
                        CHIQUE PHOTOGRAPHY

Comment

Damage control, too late

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Chique-Phot...0113094718035/

Comment

Have I been scammed?
                              in regard to chique photograph and reading this comments it seems like I might have been scammed.
                              so in regard to wondering this is what happened:
                              4 months ago I "won" a free photo shoot to chique but had to pay a deposit of 25 pound first.
                              anyway come to the day of the photo shoot, everything was done, picked the photos but now 55 a month for 20 photo on a disc. Reading these and seeing review about chique I think I've been mislead. Cant really afford the 55 a month but I want to keep the photo as my sister want a copy to for her house. Have I been stupid and mislead into paying for 20 photo on a disc?

Comment

How long are you paying £55 a month for? And are you happy paying that amount for 20 photographs ? It might be a little pricey however as I understand it, the 'competition' is for the experience and the photographs to keep are an additional purchase - presumably they have different 'packages' on offer for like a single 10 x 8 print, up to 20 high res images on a disk so you can chose to print what you like.

All photoshoots are provided with a free complimentary image and any other images are available to purchase on the day.

so it seems one image is included. I can't see a full price list of their packages / prints etc. It would likely result in far fewer complaints if they actually published their prices and had inclusive packages.

I had a boudoir shoot a few years ago ( lol ) and researched heavily beforehand - I paid £400 for the full shoot, makeover etc and 4 high res edited (lots of photoshop required ) images. I avoided all the high street type chain 'photographers' and found a lovely photographer in a private house... I researched crap out of it, knew exactly what I was going into, what I would be getting at the end of it and what it would cost. It was a fantastic experience and a great confidence boost It's just sad when companies play the 'won a competition' angle all the time because it is always going to feel like a scam when you find you don't get any of the pictures without paying a hefty fee.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X