• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

The PPI was refunded, as I claimed a full refund due to the mis-selling scandal.
    No, I did not ask for it, they sold it to me as part of the loan. I applied for the loan directly through Barclays Bank, whom I have an account with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramuk2 View Post
      I have sent numerous letters requesting this breakdown which they are stating including dates but to date they have never replied to at least 4 request, the same was requested from Barclay prior to the loan assignment, they also never replied.
      Have you kept copies of your correspondence to/from Barclays?

Di

Comment

Yes, I usually file all correspondence but they never replied to my request.

Comment

Thanks to you, Di and Fred for your advise............its really appreciated ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask your opinion please...............Can I apply to have the Charge Order removed as the loan has now been completed???

Comment

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

I suggest you fill in a complaint form with the FOS as soon as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to you, Di and Fred for your advise............its really appreciated ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Can I ask your opinion please...............Can I apply to have the Charge Order removed as the loan has now been completed???
            No.........Elderbridge need to do this, they most certainly will refuse if you do not pursue this matter.

Comment

I upload the latest letter from Elderidge. also
              One more quick question.

That letter you've uploaded from Elderidge refers to a letter you sent to them on the 4th July 2016. Have you sent them anything else since?

Di

Comment

This is their latest response to my letter of that date, but I have not sent them anything else since. I need to stop this being dragged on and on as they will say I owe interest payment calculated on nothing but fresh air.

- - - Updated - - -

The last letter I sent them was a request for this breakdown of what they are claiming.

Comment

Did they they ever increase or reduce your interest rate on the account during the loan period ?

Comment

Hi Fred..............I assume by "they" you mean Barclays Bank.
                    Well, yes in the early early of the loan they put up way above the market rates until I challenged them
                    forcefully, then they reduced it a couple of time as prevailing market rates got lower.

But with Elderidge, they are claiming interest on interest and I dont know what rate they are using.
                    According to the letter I uploaded showing the increase everytime they send me correspondence.

Comment

Hi Fred..............I assume by "they" you mean Barclays Bank.
                      Well, yes in the early early of the loan they put up way above the market rates until I challenged them
                      forcefully, then they reduced it a couple of time as prevailing market rates got lower.

Yes I did mean Barclays................apologies. The increases on many loans from these people are now much higher than they were @ inception, there has been no explanation of this or acceptable cause.

But with Elderbridge, they are claiming interest on interest and I dont know what rate they are using.
                      According to the letter I uploaded showing the increase everytime they send me correspondence.
                      Ok, the compound interest especially when applied to an arguable claim is very questionable indeed. Are you going to the FOS ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        Ok, the compound interest especially when applied to an arguable claim is very questionable indeed. Are you going to the FOS ?
                        Hi Fred, Going to the FOS is the next course of action to take.
                        But..............considering the FOS will not resolve this or give a direction within 6 months, or even a negative response which would mean
                        I am force to pay 6 months from now, will mean the amount will then be 1000 pounds, as Elderidge is calculating interest payment
                        plus the compounded interest due on that also. The typical sandpit scenario.

Comment

Hi Fred, Going to the FOS is the next course of action to take.
                          But..............considering the FOS will not resolve this or give a direction within 6 months, or even a negative response which would mean
                          I am force to pay 6 months from now, will mean the amount will then be 1000 pounds, as Elderidge is calculating interest payment
                          plus the compounded interest due on that also. The typical sandpit scenario.
                          If the FOS find they have not been "fair" there is a good chance they will award you any monies allegedly overpaid back.

It has been well over 8 weeks since you asked for a breakdown of costs or charges, you can state on the form that they are being unreasonable & not cooperating with your requests. I would do this now rather than wait for a final response which is probably not going to give you the answers you want.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X