• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclays Bank Secured Loan Assigned to Eldridge Finance.

You are a star. Could you send me a copy of that too please.

Then we can put a letter together to tell Elderbridge to go away and remove the charge.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The Halo belong to YOU, the real star here..........as knowledge is power ) and you have decidedly cheered me up to boot!!!!
      just to be clear, you wud like copy of the credit agreement and barclays statement both??

Comment

Hi Amethyst and Di,

I am back from Germany, where I have been working last couple of weeks and would like to catch up on the issue with this finance company to try and resolve this finally.

Comment

Hi Again ..............Please find the copy of the Loan agreement uploaded.
          Last edited by Ramuk2; 8th August 2016, 07:40:AM. Reason: having problem uploading document to Forum

Comment

Hello again, can I request some advice from the Forum, on how to deal with this Finance Co that continues to trying to extract more money from me even after the Credit Agreement has ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramuk2 View Post
              Hello again, can I request some advice from the Forum, on how to deal with this Finance Co that continues to trying to extract more money from me even after the Credit Agreement has ended.
              Hello Ramuk2,

Have you managed to get Elderidge to refund the £500 yet?

I also wonder whether they may have placed a negative entry on your Credit Reference Agency file if they deemed that money they say was owed represented late payments on the account.

May I ask you a few other questions in case they still owe you money and not the other way round.

How much was the original loan you took out in 2006?

Was the loan agreement a "regulated" or "unregulated" agreement (it would probably say this on the top of the first page)?

How much interest do you estimate you've paid off during the life of the loan?

Did you take out the loan through a broker or direct with 1st Plus?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just being thorough for a reason

Di

Comment

Hi Di, thanks for your reply. Just to re-cap.
                Elderidge is not giving me a refund and do not owe me any money.
                I obtained a Secured Loan from Barclays Bank for 50K in 2006.
                It has been fully repaid and ended in May 2016.
                Three months before the loan ended, it was assigned to Elderidge. They wrote to me advising that to complete the loan, I had to increase the monthly payment from 586.66 to 786.66 for the loan completion.
                The additional/increase was for interest payment on arrears that existed on the account in previous years, subsequent reminders from Elderidge shows this amount is being increased with additional interest.
                The Loan Agreement I will attach, as I am not sure if its regulated or un-regulated.
                How much interest has been paid, again I am not sure but I could find that out from Barclays.

Comment

Loan Agreement uploaded.
                  Attached Files

Comment

So an "unregulated" secured loan with PPI, have you ever made a claim for the payment protection insurance ?

You will still have a legal charge over your property until this matter is settled so, we need to find out what exactly what are they asking for & why, what are the charges ?

You need to write to Elderbridge.

http://elderbridge.co.uk/pages/contact-us.html

Comment

I upload the latest letter from Elderidge. also.

- - - Updated - - -

I upload the latest letter from Elderidge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I upload the latest letter from Elderidge. also.
                        Are they implying that the "shortfall" (as they call it) was due to arrears or due to a miscalculation of the monthly instalments needed to complete the loan on schedule by Barclays at the outset of the loan?

Did you have any missed payments during the life of the loan?

Di

Comment

I have made a claim for the PPI and received the refund, so that was settled ;-)
                          Yes, the Charge is still in effect. I am requesting that the charge is removed as the loan has now been repaid.
                          But, they are claiming additional interest payments on previous arrears since the loan has ended in May 2016.

Comment

they are claiming additional interest payments on previous arrears since the loan has ended in May 2016.
                            Our posts have crossed.

Di

Comment

Yes, they are saying the shortfall (as they call it) is the interest on the arrears that was miscalculated and added to the monthly instalments to complete the loan.
                              And this.........is not correct, as the interest is a daily thing which is added in real time and not calculated at a later date to be added in the future or to the end of the Loan. That is unreal!!!!!

Comment

Yes, they are saying the shortfall (as they call it) is the interest on the arrears that was miscalculated and added to the monthly instalments to complete the loan.
                                And this.........is not correct, as the interest is a daily thing which is added in real time and not calculated at a later date to be added in the future or to the end of the Loan. That is unreal!!!!!
                                So you never missed a payment or dropped short on any payments......................was the PPI credited to the account balance ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X