• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new PM

Sadly for our final assessment we don't get any feedback - I am improving I got my highest scores by around 10% points on both exam assignments.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Well they may have things in common lol

The eccentric brothers - as for Boris as Foreign Secretary - did anybody watch Mayor's Question Time. I couldn't tell whether it was Mock of the Week with a panelist comedian saying the most profound things, Dara, Frankie Boyle, or Boris. Boris recently said IQ tests should be used; not so long ago when a Liverpool man had his head chopped off by ISIS, 'that's a good start.' He of course gave a verbose apology - the point is the man is a walking buffoon. Trump is like an American equivalent of Boris in that neither of them have a brain filter (sounds funny; act like a grown adult; best not say it out loud; hmm it sounds a tad prejudiced, i'll avoid saying that).

Comment

Wonder if BIS is just going ?

Universities have moved into Education and Sajid has gone to Communities.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Greg Clark - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

So yes BIS is now BEIS. lol.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            So far then...

David Davis - Brexit
            Fallon - Defence
            Amber Rudd - Home Sec
            Boris - Foreign
            Hammond - Exchequer
            Liam Fox - International TRADE.
            Liz Truss - Justice
            Justine Greening - Education
            Gavin Williamson - Chief Whip
            Patrick McLoughlin - Party chairman / Chancellor of Duchy?
            Jeremy Hunt - Health ( still)
            Preti Patel - International Development
            Sajid Javid - Communities
            Greg Clark - Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
            Karen Bradley - Culture
            Cairns = Welsh ( still )
            Grayling - Transport
            Damian Green - work and pensions secretary
            Andrea Leadsom - Environment Secretary
            Baroness Evans of Bowes Park -Leader of the House of Lords and Lord Privy Seal
            Just updated a bit.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 14th July 2016, 16:16:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

It seems to me that May has been taking whatever Boris was and has lost her mind. The pundits on BBC seem to think she is setting people up o that when they don't get a perfect result she can blame them, this to me does not seem the right way for a leader to behave. It was suggested that Thatcher took 4 years to get the cabinet she wanted but May has it at one stroke. I am glad that some people have had the integrity to resign rather than be her lacky.

We are in for a very very difficult few years. As for the wisdom of brexit and the path we should be following , I just can't shake off the feeling that a) we would be better off in and b) this has given some people permission to act in a totally unacceptable and racist way

http://www.courier.co.uk/man-charged...ail/story.html

I saw this on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by doom View Post
                It seems to me that May has been taking whatever Boris was and has lost her mind. The pundits on BBC seem to think she is setting people up o that when they don't get a perfect result she can blame them, this to me does not seem the right way for a leader to behave. It was suggested that Thatcher took 4 years to get the cabinet she wanted but May has it at one stroke. I am glad that some people have had the integrity to resign rather than be her lacky.

We are in for a very very difficult few years. As for the wisdom of brexit and the path we should be following , I just can't shake off the feeling that a) we would be better off in and b) this has given some people permission to act in a totally unacceptable and racist way
                I'm not sure, had Theresa May not put the Brexiters into the top jobs for negotiating Brexit she would have been criticised as well. It is a no win situation really for her. Presumably those who campaigned strongly to Brexit had a vision of how Brexit would look and they can now get on with putting that into action. I am kind of in agreement with her that it was they who caused the mess, so they can sort it out, but I think she will have a very firm hold of the tiller. I do think she is right having a complete change of cabinet, it is a new era.

Not sure the Brexit vote has given people permission, just given some complete idiots the mistaken assumption that they can get away with racist behaviour. They can't and won't.

And yes I still feel we would be better off in, but obviously 17 million people feel differently to us, and we do live in a democracy so we must all pull together to make the best of it and try to ensure the country benefits from that decision now.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I don't think anyone really had a vision of what would happen after the referendum especially the brexit supporters. I heard that Boris wanted it to force a renegotiation and then to stay while garage wanted to leave all together.

When I said permission , I was meaning it made some people , and not all by any means, feel that it was acceptable to use racist language and actions

Comment

I was probably as guilty as them, it never even crossed my mind people would actually vote to leave ( you'll see if you read back the referendum threads on here) But it does show that there are bigger divisions in the country than anyone realised properly , and I don't think those divisions have a great deal to actually do with EU membership ( I think the word is 'disenfranchised') . So it has given politics a great big kick up the backside. Shame it took this to realise it and its going to take sooooo much to sort the mess out.

Boris could have refused the position but I do think he has more to him than that weasel Farage and he will do his best for the country now.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Ahh I'm not after a career, it is just nice to formalise and get it on paper because I enjoy doing it xx Thank you for your thoughts, Still pee'd at my 'C' though lol.

Oh and I think Stephen Crabb has resigned now. Not really suprised, he's been annihilated lately in the press.
                      I am trying so hard not to sound patronising but can I just say, having just spent an hour moaning to someone about how hard it was to get through college while working nights /seasonal etc. that I now feel bloody pathetic. When I read how someone can run this site, solve issues and -no exaggeration -give people back their lives and sanity and raise children while taking, probably one of the toughest college courses….Well...what a bloody example to all.:yo: Lady, I tip my hat to you.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
                      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                        Yes it is your business and that is the correct response. I alluded something which was non sequitur, ie not relevant.
                        Mmmm

I really am not sure what you are trying to say or if you are slightly biased. Yes of course law is a good degree but there are different types of law degree from different universities. I do not thing a llb from Oxford would be the same as a BA Hons from say Derby whatever the classification. People with degrees in say PPE or Classics would I am sure take exception to what you seem to suggest.

I am not sure what you call a soft subject but for example my University is in the top 5 for politics, a subject that I could if I wished major in, I could also major in business studies, Sociology, philosophy or many other subjects. League tables of course vary.

Maybe I misunderstood but you seem to be suggesting that law is the subject and all others are soft, I am sure you didn't mean that but that is how it appeared to me.

Different degrees require different skills and yes, while it may be true that employers look upon Ancient and traditional universities as providing better education that is not always the case. There is a lot of snobbery about HE , the course you do and the institution you attend. HE is far more than just the degree or even the classification.

Now on if you'll just indulge a gentle swipe, so your comments about Corbyn's mother were lifted from a newspaper , isn't that plagerism. That is a gentle tease and not to be taken to heart.

Comment

Amethyst
                          I can't find your original post to quote it, doing a degree because you want to and you enjoy it is I think the best reason in the world for doing it. It really doesn't matter what you do with it. A year ago I had little interest in politics other than putting my x in the box, now I find it fascinating and while I wouldn't want to study it as a major or stand alone degree I have learnt a lot and think more critically about things. I am doing two half modules in law this coming year, child law and family law. These should be really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JulieM View Post
                            Amethyst
                            I can't find your original post to quote it, doing a degree because you want to and you enjoy it is I think the best reason in the world for doing it. It really doesn't matter what you do with it. A year ago I had little interest in politics other than putting my x in the box, now I find it fascinating and while I wouldn't want to study it as a major or stand alone degree I have learnt a lot and think more critically about things. I am doing two half modules in law this coming year, child law and family law. These should be really interesting.

I think you have hit the nail n the head..... the important part of any education is not the gaining of qualifications but the learning of how to think independently (and not just regurgitating previously devoured info) and being critical (ie questioning and not just accepting what one is told).
                            Skills which should be taught throughout one's education, not just at tertiary level.

Comment

After this weeks audience with Our Queen I see Theresa May has to go to Scotland to have an audience with would be Queen Nicola should it not be the other way round?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                                After this weeks audience with Our Queen I see Theresa May has to go to Scotland to have an audience with would be Queen Nicola should it not be the other way round?
                                After events in France overnight not sure if that will go ahead. Usually COBRA meeting after a terrorist attack so we will wait and see if this happens...
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X