• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new PM

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    For Nattie -> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...sassin-and-je/

I won't post the 'silent disco' stuff - everyone is allowed a private life... although timing is everything.
    I really really like him even more now, thanks Amethyst
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

My pleasure
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I can see Merkel now sausage in hand and muttering
        '
        Sehen wie die Kinder Aquabble , werden sie nie ohne uns überleben',

Comment

Originally posted by JulieM View Post
          Openlaw
          That is possibly one of the most sexist and elitist things I have ever read. Jeremy Corbyn is 67 so you are saying that it was unheard of for women of his mothers age to be successful. Please go and read some books.
          Julie, I had written (well typed) 11 lines and you concentrated on this, "..mother, a talented scientist - unheard of a woman like that in those days..." my question is was this remotely suggesting any discrimination whatsoever. Not is the answer. I was just making point of fact and that is that women in those days never had the opportunities that women today now enjoy, so the inference is that Corbyn's mother was simply extraordinary talent-wise. Perhaps you should read some books!

Comment

Originally posted by JulieM View Post
            Does it matter that he got E grades at A level. I did not get my maths or English GCSE but am doing a university degree. If he can do the job. I must say I am not a labour supporter unlike it seems most of my contemporaries but qualifications are not everything.
            If qualifications are not everything, then why are you wasting your money doing a degree. How can you do a degree if you don't have English or Maths GCSE? You need A-levels for university, not just necessarily GCSEs.

Comment

This morning hasn't gone well for Ms Leadsom so far, disregarding what she said, and the way she said it, her reaction on Twitter is NOT what should be expected from a potential PM.

Times Article
              http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ne...dsom-0t7bbm29x

Leadsom's tweets
              https://twitter.com/andrealeadsom

Listen
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865

Written

Balance - TheresaMay twitter https://twitter.com/TheresaMay2016
              Twitter is a form of media which may broadcast the opinion and views of impulsive persons (especially in media spotlight) but not necessarily the prudent, who would normally think things through. Instant communication is an Achilles heal for many as once it's sent, it's sent - there can be no 'i'll read that again and post it tomorrow' through the one time conventional communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Openlaw15 View Post
                If qualifications are not everything, then why are you wasting your money doing a degree. How can you do a degree if you don't have English or Maths GCSE? You need A-levels for university, not just necessarily GCSEs.
                According to Ucas, there are 1,097 courses in the UK that have a foundation year included as part of the main course

Which means acceptance without necessarily having gained A levels or even GCSEs

Comment

@Openlaw15

Perhaps you should read some books!
                  Thas quite rude, this threads a debate, why are you correcting people, , i sometimes ( mostly ) get lost in what your saying, because its confusing, you put paragraphs of stuff full of hard to understand words, and sometimes they dont seem to make sense, so you shouldnt be to surprised if someone reads it different to how it sounds in your head
                  crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

You DO NOT need A-Levels or GCSE's to go to University. Many thousands of people obtain degrees later in life and experience serves them very well over exam results gained or not gained in their teens.

Students in 2014/15 by level and age group
                    Age group Undergraduate Postgraduate Total
                    20 and under 900785 2685 903470
                    21-24 427635 177080 604720
                    25-29
                    127185 133215 260400
                    30-59 256275 219800 476075
                    60 and over 15800 5285 21085
                    Age unknown 210 115 330
                    Total 1727895 538180 2266075
                    Oh and I don't have A Levels, and my GCSE's were pretty average.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                      @Openlaw15

Thas quite rude, this threads a debate, why are you correcting people, , i sometimes ( mostly ) get lost in what your saying, because its confusing, you put paragraphs of stuff full of hard to understand words, and you sometimes they dont see to make scence, so you shouldnt be to surprised if someone reads it different to how it sounds in your head
                      The person was rude to me. I do try to use simpler words but may use perhaps relatively big words for the context. I have not had someone tell me before that they don't understand the words I have used. If you're explaining law one has to use the correct terms, albeit I always explain using basic words and ideas. I do apologise though, CC if you haven't understood the words I used, or the way i used the words, or they way i explained the words.

Comment

You DO NOT need A-Levels or GCSE's to go to University. Many thousands of people obtain degrees later in life and experience serves them very well over exam results gained or not gained in their teens.

Students in 2014/15 by level and age group
                        Age group Undergraduate Postgraduate Total
                        20 and under 900785 2685 903470
                        21-24 427635 177080 604720
                        25-29
                        127185 133215 260400
                        30-59 256275 219800 476075
                        60 and over 15800 5285 21085
                        Age unknown 210 115 330
                        Total 1727895 538180 2266075
                        Oh and I don't have A Levels, and my GCSE's were pretty average.
                        University requires at least Level 2 numeracy and literacy standard (ie a broad GCSE standard, ie at least C Grade/ equivalent) for the entrance criteria. If a person has not attained said Level 2, then how is he or she supposed to process and understand information beyond A-level/ Level 3, ie at Levels 4-6 (national equivalent)? Level 4 requires an ability to critique sources but obviously not in detail as per Levels 5-6. The average university textbook requires sufficient English skills to understand and apply what is learnt, or if it's a science-related course then sufficient numeracy is required. This is why I was curious about the lack of Level 2/ GCSEs.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                          According to Ucas, there are 1,097 courses in the UK that have a foundation year included as part of the main course

Which means acceptance without necessarily having gained A levels or even GCSEs
                          I use Concordia College & University..........cuts out all that unnecessary fuss & bother!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                          gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Goodness. Where to start on that.

I know, let's start with Lord Harley and work backwards https://www.linkedin.com/in/alanblacker

Sufficient !!!
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh off topic lol
                              Bring back the 11 plus I say, let me have another crack at it.:doggieyes:

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                                aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh off topic lol
                                Bring back the 11 plus I say, let me have another crack at it.:doggieyes:
                                Now I think the 11 plus is extremely unfair. It is not fair to judge a 10 year old against 11 plus (secondary school equivalents), which is supposed to predict ability, and whose result determine the rest of their life. Examinations were only used in schools in England after the Education Act 1870. Even US lawyers up to 1870 did not take formal exams until 1870 at Harvard. This probably has something to do with Darwin's 'Origin of the Species' in that people were forced to take exams for sifting purposes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X