• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The new PM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new PM

[MENTION=30456]wales01man[/MENTION]

I was thing more Russia, N Korea, Israel ect, rather than individuals, you can never protect against them, you just have to pick yourself up and carry on, The way London acted after 7/7 was a great example, the were are not afraid slogan

Coincidentally, i have just disarmed a dirty bomb from the international terrorist know as granddaughter, It was detected by my security equipment ( nose ) upon her passing the checkpoint ( biscuit cupboard ). After a tense stand off ( she did a runner ), she was tracked to her secret hideaway ( behind the sofa ), and was disarmed. lol.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

CC rather you than me

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
        @wales01man

I was thing more Russia, N Korea, Israel ect, rather than individuals, you can never protect against them, you just have to pick yourself up and carry on, The way London acted after 7/7 was a great example, the were are not afraid slogan

Coincidentally, i have just disarmed a dirty bomb from the international terrorist know as granddaughter, It was detected by my security equipment ( nose ) upon her passing the checkpoint ( biscuit cupboard ). After a tense stand off ( she did a runner ), she was tracked to her secret hideaway ( behind the sofa ), and was disarmed. lol.
        At last!
        Just what we need.
        A nappy ending!
        :goodjob:
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

This is the same woman who wanted whole sections removed from an important drugs study because it didn't suit her own personal views? Can't say im looking foward to an unelected leader. But her?! Even worse... Its like the UK and US are having a competition for the worst leader.

Comment

Originally posted by jtpr88 View Post
            This is the same woman who wanted whole sections removed from an important drugs study because it didn't suit her own personal views? Can't say im looking foward to an unelected leader. But her?! Even worse... Its like the UK and US are having a competition for the worst leader.

&& Ladies & Gentlemen UK WINS for the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Meelis

Gordon Brown had apparently long been the annou ted successor to Blair. It seemed that Blair reneged on his promise to resign at a certain point and things got a little ugly with each side briefing against each other. Brown was elected unopposed I think.

In my opinion Blair was the first PM to run the country in a presedential style making politics about the PM and not the party. I disliked this about him intensely and as said Don't mention the war!

This is however not relevant to May except where the complaints of an unelected leader are made.

Only time will will tell if she makes a good PM.

Comment

An interesting piece in The Times about Liz Truss by Lord Falconer, ex Lord Chancellor.

Liz Truss is entirely unsuited to the job of lord chancellor

The prime minister has even broken the law in appointing her

The new prime minister’s reshuffle could not have revealed more clearly her indifference to the rule of law. In any government the lord chancellor has a duty to ensure that judges are properly protected from political attack and are able to act independently — and that the government itself always acts in accordance with the law.

The lord chancellor has to be someone with the weight and stature to stand up to the prime minister or the home secretary when, for instance, they want to compromise on complying with the law in an attempt to placate the public. Or when the politicians are determined to blame the judges when their policies go wrong.

Theresa May did this when, as home secretary, she inaccurately asserted that a judge had allowed an immigrant to stay in this country because he loved his cat so much. The lord chancellor of the day, Kenneth Clarke, gave her short shrift.

The most amenable lord chancellor that a prime minister could find would be one who looks to her for promotion: an ambitious middle-ranking cabinet minister whose main ambition is to go further up the greasy pole, with no known signs of independence.

Liz Truss appears to fit the bill perfectly. She has displayed no obvious signs of independence as a minister, backed Mrs May right from the off in the leadership election and so far shows every sign in her career of being more interested in promotion than the rule of law.

There is nothing wrong with ambition — but the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 said that the prime minister could only appoint someone who appears to be qualified by experience. The lord chancellor is the only job in cabinet where there are personal conditions, laid down by statute, which have to be satisfied by the holder.

There is no one who could possibly suggest that Ms Truss met the bar set by that law. I wonder if the prime minister was even told about the statutory requirements before she appointed her.

So the prime minister broke the law in appointing Ms Truss, but more importantly showed she did not regard protecting the rule of law as a priority at all in making her cabinet. There is, I’m sure, much that is good about the new prime minister. Her cavalier disregard for the law is not one of them.
                And if you don't know who Liz Truss is, here she is in this rather embarrassing video at a Tory party conference (courtesy of Amethyst).

Comment

Truss - she may wear one oopsssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

So no "T" on the end of Truss & porkie pies from an MPs puss.

Comment

Lol!

Careful, lads; just remember who may bring in the Snoopers Charter.

I think she is a wonderful leader & a credit to..........absolutely everything, actually!

:whistle:
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        Lol!

Careful, lads; just remember who may bring in the Snoopers Charter.

I think she is a wonderful leader & a credit to..........absolutely everything, actually!

:whistle:
                        "Boris"

Comment

So far IMO she has been very laid back maybe scared to be radical and starting to implement some of her equal society ideals she spoke of giving more say to the masses doubtful even Corbyn could do that a pie dream in a country ruled by the elite and those with money Money IS Power

Comment

I don't have a problem with the 'snoopers charter' tbh.

Good to hear Angela Eagle's dropped out the Labour leader contest.

The way things are I have no idea if Labour could get in at the next election, so may as well try get someone in that we can stand, just in case.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              I don't have a problem with the 'snoopers charter' tbh.
                              Nor do I really.

Hell, I use Windows10!

:spy:

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The snoopers charter is treading a fine line between being protective and being dangerous. I actually think it is being dangerous because, certainly in the original draft communications bill the powers were rather great. I have heard the 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear ' argument till I am sick of it. It is not necessarily what you may want to hide now but what you may need to hide in the future, look at the way China censors the internet or the way some states change policies, look at Turkey today with teachers and academics being sacked and the president wanting to bring back the death penalty- for what? Our rights and liberties have been fought for long and hard and by letting the fear of terrorism be used to curtail these rights we only have ourselves to blame.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X