• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination & GAP insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary Termination & GAP insurance

Hi Lorraine,

Apologies for missing this one. First of all I the next time they call I would suggest that you tell them you are not willing to discuss this matte over the telephone and they no longer have authorisation to use this method of communication and you will only accept correspondence by letter. You will follow this up with a letter to them and if they continue to contact you by telephone you then you will consider taking legal action against them for harassment.

Your letter should be something of this effect but you should also point out within the letter that you are not legally obliged to pay the excess mileage. In your contract there will be a clause that says something along the lines of "Termination: Your Rights" and underneath it will say that provided you have paid 50% and kept the car in a reasonable condition then you will owe nothing more. That statement is a legal requirement of the Consumer Credit Act which must be inserted in all hire purchase or conditional sale agreements. You are relying on that clause and having complied with the requirements, you therefore do not owe any excess mileage.

Comment

Hi R0b

Thank you for coming back to me on this. I will write to them as you suggest and i guess i just have to wait and see what they try to do.

They were very bullish on the phone and have been phoning twice a day sometimes.

I will come back to you with an update if i need to

Thank you again for your help

Lorraine

Comment

Happy New Year to you all

Ok, so up date. I have continued to receive calls from the company who collected the car and i have now received a letter from Citroen asking me to pay £745.61 but it doesn't say what for, but refers to the "signed termination quote". I have not signed anything and i did challenge the termination quote they gave me a number of times in writing and got no response from them other than to say the quote was correct, which it clearly wasn't as they did not challenge my letter that set out a breakdown of the figures by my calculations. So they appear to have plucked a figure out of the air and asked me to pay it.
        They advise that it has been passed to their litigation department.
        Can you advise what would be my best course of action now?

Regards

Lorraine

There appears to be a number of figures being bandied around here and

Comment

Hi R0b
          I posted a question on 10th January and just wondered if you had any advice.?

Thanks

Lorraine

Comment

Hi Lorraine, it depends on what you want to do and How far your willing to take things.

did you send a letter to the debt collectors about harassment as above, and have you got a record of when they have called and how many times?

As for Citroen, I don't think you have made a formal complaint have you? I would be inclined to do that, setting out the issues and their lack of response and failed to give a complete breakdown of the charges. If they maintain the charges are correct then go to the Ombudsman about it.

Have you checked your credit file to see if they have applied any defaults on there?

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
              Hi Lorraine, it depends on what you want to do and How far your willing to take things.

did you send a letter to the debt collectors about harassment as above, and have you got a record of when they have called and how many times?

As for Citroen, I don't think you have made a formal complaint have you? I would be inclined to do that, setting out the issues and their lack of response and failed to give a complete breakdown of the charges. If they maintain the charges are correct then go to the Ombudsman about it.

Have you checked your credit file to see if they have applied any defaults on there?

Hi R0b

Thanks for the reply. I didn't send a letter to the debt enforcers no, but they have stopped now and it seems to be another company PSA finance who have written to me. So totally confused about who is who and where these amounts are coming from. I think what is happening is PSA finance are chasing me for missed DD's from after i terminated and had paid up to the halfway point. I spoke to them 3 times and told them I had terminated and was no longer the registered owner but it seems they have totally ignored that info.
              The other company are the collection company who were chasing me for alleged damage to the car, following an inspection they carried out 2 days after they collected it, and for excess mileage.
              So we seem to have 2 separate issues here but indicative of the terrible administration from this company.
              I have an account with experian and noodle and they have not notified me of any changes to my credit score.

Should i write to PSA finance and ask them to provide a breakdown of the amount they are chasing me for?

Thanks

Lorraine

Comment

Looks like a massive mess tright me! So Citroen are wanting 700+ do you think that includes the monies alleged from both the debt collectors chasing you?

I think it might be best to go to the heat of the problem. Formal complaint to Citroen, then you could write two separate letters to the debt collectors informing them that a complaint has been made with Citroen and in accordance with the FCA rules (CONC) they should suspend all activities whilst the complaint is ongoing. Again, if they continue to contact you then you consider that as harassment as well as in breach of the rules and they are liable for harassment.

Happy to look over anything whichever way you go.

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                  Looks like a massive mess tright me! So Citroen are wanting 700+ do you think that includes the monies alleged from both the debt collectors chasing you?

I think it might be best to go to the heat of the problem. Formal complaint to Citroen, then you could write two separate letters to the debt collectors informing them that a complaint has been made with Citroen and in accordance with the FCA rules (CONC) they should suspend all activities whilst the complaint is ongoing. Again, if they continue to contact you then you consider that as harassment as well as in breach of the rules and they are liable for harassment.

Happy to look over anything whichever way you go.
                  Hi R0b

No the £745 is a different figure entirely to the £1550 + the collection company were asking me for. Ok I will write yet another complaint to Citroen and send out copies to PSA finance and this other company who collected and sold on the car.

Thanks for your help

Lorraine

Comment

Hi R0b

So I emailed Citroen customer complaints see below

Dear Mr Leclerc

I Voluntarily Terminated my agreement with Citroen in February 2015. in respect of Vehicle FA14 ABN

Following notification to PSA Finance I received a letter from them some 3.5 months later dated 23/6/15 which referred to my VT as ‘early settlement’ which was clearly incorrect.

In June 2015 I wrote via email to UK Customer Services to query the ‘quote’ provided to me in order to ‘settle’ my account, I also made a formal complaint to Citroen UK because I was being chased for missed DD payments when I had terminated my contract. To date this complaint has still to be concluded.

I have continued to receive calls and letters from PSA finance regarding these missed DD payments and despite my advising them on several occasion of the situation they persist in chasing me.

I have also received numerous calls from RMS Receivables also chasing me for monies in respect of alleged damage to the vehicle, following an inspection they undertook 2 days after the car was removed from my property and some 4 months after I was no longer the registered keeper.

I received another letter in December from PSA finance asking for the sum of £745.61 to bring my account up to date. The letter contained no information regarding what this figure was in relation to and there has never been a breakdown of my account as I requested back in June 2016.

Overall PSA finance and UK customer services have failed to address the majority of my queries and in fact it took 4 months of my persistence before a collection date for the vehicle was agreed.

I have now received another letter from PSA Finance advising that the ‘debt’ will now be passed to Debt & Revenue Services and once again there is no breakdown or explanation regarding the debt, merely a figure of £745.61

I would like this matter placed on hold until your complaints department has throughly investigated what on earth is going on here and provided me with a proper breakdown of my account as I have requested on a number of occassions.

It is wholly unprofessional and unacceptable to issue demand letters without any indication as to what the debt is in relation to. For all I know this could be a scam and a ploy to extract monies from me illegally.

Please note that I have kept copies of all my communications with PSA Finance, UK Customer Services and RMS Receivables

I look forward to your prompt reply

Lorraine Daniels

I have received this response today:

Dear Ms Daniels

Thanks for your recent contact to Arnaud Leclercabout your termination of your finance agreement, and also charges on your DS 3. This has been referred to my director, who has reviewed your emailwith me and asked me to respond on his behalf.

I’d firstly like to apologise for the reasons which led you to write to Arnaud.

This will need to be dealt with by our finance company, who are a separate organisation from us. They provide financial products which are regulated by the FCA and the legislation relating to such products means we can't speak directly with you.

I’ve been in touch with their customer care team and I've been assured they'll be in contact with you shortly.

Thanks again for contacting DS customer care.

Kind regards
                    Martin Higgins

Customer Care Manager
                    0800 877 8455

Feels like a fob off to me, whats your view? I was under the impression that the customer complaints were supposed to deal with customer complaints

Lorraine

Comment

It sounds as if you have emailed Citreon and not their financial arm is that correct? If so, then you the response given to you was correct.

PSA Finance T/A Citreon are the company you should be directing your complaint not another entity of Citreon. I didn't realise PSA Finance were trading as Citreon's finance arm so that may have been my mistake, I thought they were just another company to chase you for the money.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X